• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Who do you want ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Papers (none from The Shite)

• Chelsea are not planning to extend Gonzalo Higuain's loan and will send him back to Juventus after the Europa League final.
  • Wilfried Zaha has told Crystal Palace he wants to quit the club this summer in search of Champions League football.
  • Liverpool are bidding to hijack Chelsea's move for 17 year-old Dutch whizkid Xavier Mbuyamba.

We shouldn't forget that we essentially quit the other cup competitions early on so we could focus our limited resources on the league and CL. We need more than just 1 or 2 players unless that's the plan every season.

Agree with this although I think it was also partly due to us being in a place we haven't seen for a long time - top of the league with breathing room. At that point in time it was entirely right to rest key players to make a charge for the title.

Now that we have hindsight we need to look at bolstering and that should be replacements for the likes of Sturridge, Lallana and Moreno who we are actually happy to give 90 mins in games.

I know he has the making of a one season wonder, but Fraser at Bournemouth feels like someone who could fit into that front three. He might be happy to join a squad if it means taking part in CL footy.

Maybe Milner will stay what with Leeds screwing up in the playoffs.

Personally I'd like us to sign
Aouar
Lloyd Kelly as cover for Robbo
Maybe an experienced keeper if Mignolet is sold

I know he has the making of a one season wonder, but Fraser at Bournemouth feels like someone who could fit into that front three. He might be happy to join a squad if it means taking part in CL footy.

Arsenal also keen. He's quick and can score goals, but yeah, he's only done it for one season.

He'd be about a third of the price of Zaha, too.

When players think of their next club, do they also take into account social media earnings/imapct?
I was speaking to a marketing guy, he was going onabout players earning anything from 70k-100k per paid Instagram post. This is small fry compared to Kylie Jenner who earns near enough $1,000,000 per paid post.
This could explains why Pogba courts controversy, as he knows it will get him more visits to his Instagram page.

This could explains why Pogba courts controversy, as he knows it will get him more visits to his Instagram page.

How is he courting controversy?

The main controversy seems to be that Utd are shit and he's not the driving force people expected him to be.

How is he courting controversy?

The main controversy seems to be that Utd are shit and he's not the driving force people expected him to be.
After Maureen's sacking
1_Paul-Pogba-breaks-silence-after-Jose-Mourinho-is-sacked.jpg

Premier league stats for Fraser & Zaha

Fraser Zaha
18/19 7 Goals & 14 Assists 10 Goals & 10 Assists
17/18 5 Goals & 3 Assists 9 Goals & 5 Assists
16/17 3 Goals & 8 Assists 7 Goals & 11 Assists

Fraser is a year younger and I think more of a team player tracking back putting a shift and will not think he should be a starter unlike Zaha who thinks he is better than he is in, and as stated by others will be considerably cheaper.

Fraser Zaha

Fraser is a year younger and I think more of a team player tracking back putting a shift and will not think he should be a starter unlike Zaha who thinks he is better than he is in, and as stated by others will be considerably cheaper.

The more scots, the better

When players think of their next club, do they also take into account social media earnings/imapct?
I was speaking to a marketing guy, he was going onabout players earning anything from 70k-100k per paid Instagram post. This is small fry compared to Kylie Jenner who earns near enough $1,000,000 per paid post.
Those are paid adverts on their IG / Twitter accounts. When is the last time you saw a top pro advertising anything on his IG account ? I'm not sure they would even be permitted to by the club. I'm sure I read something about the clubs controlling that (advertising not tweets etc.).

Fraser Zaha

And he's Scottish, would love another wee Scotsmen to go with Robbo. That left wing would be aces

I was thinking about what we need.

And we essentially lost a lot of momentum when Trent got injured. Our FBs are so essential to our play.

Those games against Leicester and West Ham, we struggled to create chances.

Some of the games Millie had to fill in like against Palace (vs Zaha) were difficult games too.

Thus I think an athletic FB with excellent delivery is another position we need to fill.

I'd be happy with:

1) LB replacement/cover - Moreno leaving. 15m-ish.
2) RB replacement/cover. 15m-ish.
3) In midfield, with Ox and Keita back, and Hendo now considered an 9, we are probably well stacked in the "AM role", so I doubt we will strength there. We'll need a replacement/cover DM, who can play as an 8 too. So not surprised with the NDombele links. Lallana to leave. 35m-ish.
4) Cover across the front 3 positions. I would expect someone like Pepe who can cover both wide positions and also give us the option of playing Salah/Mane as Firmino's cover. Brewster/Origi will be 3rd choice. Studge to leave. 50m-ish.

Less than 100m net will be spent, with the outgoings.

The only possible marquee signing being De Light, if FSG consider him a player of exceptional long term value, being 19, we may push the boat out for him.

All of those have negotiated image rights into their contracts - that's well known and because of their status the clubs really don't have an option. Now show me ads on any of our lads Twitter / IG feeds.
Here is Paul Pogba

and here is Daniel Sturridge

Since I don't use Instagram I cross-referenced with Kim K's account to see what a paid Instagram post looks like

On their respective account, it looks the image below. You can see under the account name it says "Paid partnership with...."
instagram.jpg

Last edited:
So I knew one of his coaches back in his day at Danish club Lyngby, and he was like;

"This young lad's got it all, he'll achieve great things."

RB Leipzig bought him back then and Yussuf Poulsen rather quickly secured a spot in the ambitious 2. Bundesliga outfit at the time. A few years later he got his first call-up for the Danish national team after having celebrated promotion to the Bundesliga, but in one area I was still not quite convinced; his first touch.

His first touches was often poor and left him all reliant on his admittedly stunning physical ability; pace, strength, grit and power. A great cocktail in any forward/winger but the technical ability wasn't quite upthere.

This has improved greatly however over the past 12 months and now he's suddenly one of the top strikers in the Bundesliga. His versatility and sheer power is what makes him perhaps a candidate for your list @Rosco. Make the judgement yourself.

PS He's an absolutely good lad outside the pitch too, always hard-working and a strong mentality - in this aspect "a Klopp-type" of player I guess.

Last edited:
Here is Paul Pogba

and here is Daniel Sturridge

Since I don't use Instagram I cross-referenced with Kim K's account to see what a paid Instagram post looks like

On their respective account, it looks the image below. You can see under the account name it says "Paid partnership with...."
instagram.jpg

Yeah my daughter is a paid ambassador on IG for a number if minor brands but nothing at all like those rates.

However aren't those all official sponsors for their teams (Pogba and Studge) ? In which case rights controlled by the club and likely the greater part of the income too. As I mentioned earlier I believe I read that most players have image rights controlled by the club so what they put out on IG is probably all official shit from the club and likely written into their contracts.

I think some of the top players negotiate these separately. Not sure about Mo as he had a barney with the Egyptian FA over precisely this didn't he ? IN which case of LFC controlled his image rights they would be embroiled too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom