• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Who's going to Madrid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you’re aiming that at me, let’s do the Pepsi challenge...

It is a Cuntish thing to say, especially when you know fuck all about anyone who has asked - do I go the match? oh that’s right you don’t know. But if you wanna ask and then you can apologise.

My post wasn’t pointed at anyone on here in particular, more an observation of people in general. The amount of people I know who are trying to get a ticket but I know never make an effort to get to a game is staggering. Fair play if they want to pay over the odds and feed the continual tout loop - it’s more a criticism of UEFA’s stupid allocation policy.

On the flip side I’d be just as critical, even more so, of season ticket holders who give away their CL group / knockout tickets then claim back their final tickets if they’re lucky in the ballot.

But if you want me to address your point, no I don’t know your circumstances. Do you go the game? If so I don’t see why you’re so riled about what I said.

My post wasn’t pointed at anyone on here in particular, more an observation of people in general. The amount of people I know who are trying to get a ticket but I know never make an effort to get to a game is staggering. Fair play if they want to pay over the odds and feed the continual tout loop - it’s more a criticism of UEFA’s stupid allocation policy.

On the flip side I’d be just as critical, even more so, of season ticket holders who give away their CL group / knockout tickets then claim back their final tickets if they’re lucky in the ballot.

But if you want me to address your point, no I don’t know your circumstances. Do you go the game? If so I don’t see why you’re so riled about what I said.
For my part - It's a little bit of a touchy subject. It sometimes surfaces up actually and for me as OOT is a bit galling. So because some people are match going regulars that somehow makes them more of a fan and so more worthy of a Wonka golden ticket? We've met and I remember you being very sound so this is in no way a pop. Match going regulars I fully respect. Envious. OOTs that fly from Australia (as I did when we met) I think deserve a bit of love too. We're all reds and we show our support in the best way we can.

For my part - It's a little bit of a touchy subject. It sometimes surfaces up actually and for me as OOT is a bit galling. So because some people are match going regulars that somehow makes them more of a fan and so more worthy of a Wonka golden ticket? We've met and I remember you being very sound so this is in no way a pop. Match going regulars I fully respect. Envious. OOTs that fly from Australia (as I did when we met) I think deserve a bit of love too. We're all reds and we show our support in the best way we can.

It’s got nothing to do with OOTers or regular match goers. It’s about people who make absolutely no effort to go to a game coming out the woodwork.

It’s got nothing to do with OOTers or regular match goers. It’s about people who make absolutely no effort to go to a game coming out the woodwork.
Ok then fair enough. That annoys me too. Like a 67,000 seat stadium where 32,000 seats are allocated to fans the other 35,000 go to corporate twats that probably won't turn up anyway. You can understand why some people get a bit prickly about this stuff I'm sure.

That's where I'm at. I can't afford to do either really, but I figure if someone can afford hundreds for a ticket, plus travel & accommodation etc costs for a final, surely they should be able to afford to get to Anfield at least a couple of times a season too.

Obv I get it if someone lives abroad so you factor in huge travel costs, but otherwise I just don't get it.

That's where I'm at. I can't afford to do either really, but I figure if someone can afford hundreds for a ticket, plus travel & accommodation etc costs for a final, surely they should be able to afford to get to Anfield at least a couple of times a season too.

Obv I get it if someone lives abroad so you factor in huge travel costs, but otherwise I just don't get it.
But where does that factor in being a fan? I live in bloody Herts for christ sake. It's incredibly difficult to get a ticket (well apart from tapping up @Woland) It's not exactly 'round the corner' - But overall I get your point

I live in Ireland, I go to one home game a season(This year its just happened to be Tuesday night) and I get to go to finals.

I admit it - I'm a cunt

I justify myself by saying I did my time over many years (good and bad) on the Kop & Kemlyn, and still would be doing so if I hadn't moved away

I think I had about eleven in the ballot last year and got one ticket. The only one to get one was my nephew, which was weird because how was a 13 year old meant to get to Kiev without his dad? Heard loads of similar tales so not expecting anything this year.

I think I had about eleven in the ballot last year and got one ticket. The only one to get one was my nephew, which was weird because how was a 13 year old meant to get to Kiev without his dad? Heard loads of similar tales so not expecting anything this year.

I don't even get how the arithmetic works. I thought last year if you had however many credits (can't be more than 20k like that) you'd have a good chance as it's nearly 1 for 1. But apparently not. So who actually gets the 16k??

I don't even get how the arithmetic works. I thought last year if you had however many credits (can't be more than 20k like that) you'd have a good chance as it's nearly 1 for 1. But apparently not. So who actually gets the 16k??
A lot go to 'club partners' as sweeteners. Hicks & Gillet also made a deal when they bought out shareholders that anyone holding a certain amount would get x amount of tickets to finals when they sold their shares to them, which accounts for a lot apparently, FSG have tried to challenge it legally but sadly haven't been able to get it overturned.

Then corporate seat holders of a certain standard get first refusal I believe.

Then family & friends of players & some staff will get some.

After all that, you then get to the actual fans who go actually go the games.

I’ve read the total amount of those tickets is around the 3k mark. Then those with 7+ credits. The remaining tickets go to the ballot.

I think the club last year published a breakdown of what tickets there were & where they were going, I may be wrong though & be remembering an article making guesstimates.

I see this perspective and understand.
For me I've only managed to get across the pond for matches twice ever. At this point I'm either coming across just for a trip and will try to go to whatever match is on or if I was planning the travel specifically around Liverpool I'd be trying to get the biggest game with the best atmosphere or highest stakes possible. Didnt try to come for last year's final or this one -- but if I were able to make for a match this season, this is the one I'd have tried for.

Brilliant mate, you deserve it.

Certainly takes the pressure off the ballot! Our kid can’t go now, so me and woland sorted. Hopefully nab a couple more in the ballot and then his lads are in as well. He deserves it more than me, we are getting a 5 day break for about £300 cos of him.

Camping in Spain with woland, what a time to be alive [emoji23]

Certainly takes the pressure off the ballot! Our kid can’t go now, so me and woland sorted. Hopefully nab a couple more in the ballot and then his lads are in as well. He deserves it more than me, we are getting a 5 day break for about £300 cos of him.

Camping in Spain with woland, what a time to be alive [emoji23]

Nice one. Raging I'm missing another Pete and Woland Euro Trip though. Keep us posted.

Just booked a room on Airbnb, 30 minutes from the centre. 3 nights for £180.

Think I'm flying Manchester to Bordeaux then on to Madrid by train. The deals are good for that route at the moment.

Scratch that, going to Lisbon then coach to Madrid. Flights only £206 from Gatwick.

All sorted.

Last edited:
T shirt arrived !!
643049764de774b037486ec4a460d29a.jpg

This is bringing back memories of last season’s debacle where I had my ticket through the ballot and my flights booked...until they were cancelled on the Thursday. Sometimes I go a whole five minutes without thinking about that.
You in the ballot this year mate? Plans to travel?

This is bringing back memories of last season’s debacle where I had my ticket through the ballot and my flights booked...until they were cancelled on the Thursday. Sometimes I go a whole five minutes without thinking about that.

More reason to try and get out there again if you can. Same company offering a discounted deal this year?

Just sitting here after coming back from the mosque - all spiritual in my head right now, and then on TV that EasyJet advert comes on and says "...Imagine where we can take you this summer.. from £49.95".... my thoughts then go to this thread and the first posts about £600+ flights one way to madrid on June first. My thoughts then go to ... "NOT FUCKING MADRID YOU WANKERS".

Ah...spirituality just gone and overwhelmed with just anger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom