• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Why Leicester are title challengers again

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're a good side but I just can't see it. I know they lost to a late penalty at Anfield, but it would have been robbery if they took a point. They were very poor at Old Trafford too. Fair enough they took points off Spurs and beat Arsenal but who doesn't these days? They have a nice run of games coming up but so do we. They should make top 4 though because United and Arsenal are awful and even if Spurs improve under Mourinho they're already 12 points behind Leicester.

Can everyone talking about Leicester winning the title please keep in mind they won with 81 points.

It was an amazing achievement but against a very average league. That's not the case any more. They may well exceed their title winning team in points this season, but that won't bring them the laurels home. I think they are a very good shout for 4th.

You cunts really are a laugh at times.

We've got one of the best front threes in world football, and the best centre back around, yet we're suddenly overly reliant on the fact that we lucked into having the the best fullbacks in the world too?

Nevermind being Champions of Europe, and 8 points clear at the top of the league having lost zero games. That's just papering the cracks really.

You cunts really are a laugh at times.

We've got one of the best front threes in world football, and the best centre back around, yet we're suddenly overly reliant on the fact that we lucked into having the the best fullbacks in the world too?

Nevermind being Champions of Europe, and 8 points clear at the top of the league having lost zero games. That's just papering the cracks really.

Oh for fucks sake.

We obviously have an amazing team spirit, are incredibly well coached, and have quality where it counts, in virtually ever part of the park. We're the best version of Liverpool I've ever seen in my life.

Do we really need to write caveats like that in a thread where people are assessing the squad depth of another team, and applying the same criticism to our own? It's not exactly a giant mental leap.

I'm a firm believer that football is very probabilistic,and that's the magic of it. You run last season again a bunch of times, we win it sometimes, we lose the league by even more other times, we win the champions league , we lose it. Klopp seems to believe much the same. And yes, I quite liked our timeline last year. City could scarcely have performed better, and us likewise. I think if both of our teams play at their absolute best, last season, they were slightly better than us. That's basically what we saw play out, but what we also saw is that our team looks jaded in fixture congestion, and that our immense will isn't an adequate substitute for substitutes. So we drop off a bit. And it wouldn't matter, if no one else was sniffing around, but they were.

We haven't resolved that issue this year. Maybe that's fine. We've already weathered losing our keeper, and City are clearly not up to the same level thus far. But the odds would be better for us, if some of the worst case scenarios were better dealt with in terms of subs. Our team doesn't look anywhere near as effective playing other systems, and our most common system lacks adequate replacements in certain positions. Recognizing that doesn't make me some doom-mongering misery.

Oh for fucks sake.

We obviously have an amazing team spirit, are incredibly well coached, and have quality where it counts, in virtually ever part of the park. We're the best version of Liverpool I've ever seen in my life.

Do we really need to write caveats like that in a thread where people are assessing the squad depth of another team, and applying the same criticism to our own? It's not exactly a giant mental leap.

I'm a firm believer that football is very probabilistic,and that's the magic of it. You run last season again a bunch of times, we win it sometimes, we lose the league by even more other times, we win the champions league , we lose it. Klopp seems to believe much the same. And yes, I quite liked our timeline last year. City could scarcely have performed better, and us likewise. I think if both of our teams play at their absolute best, last season, they were slightly better than us. That's basically what we saw play out, but what we also saw is that our team looks jaded in fixture congestion, and that our immense will isn't an adequate substitute for substitutes. So we drop off a bit. And it wouldn't matter, if no one else was sniffing around, but they were.

We haven't resolved that issue this year. Maybe that's fine. We've already weathered losing our keeper, and City are clearly not up to the same level thus far. But the odds would be better for us, if some of the worst case scenarios were better dealt with in terms of subs. Our team doesn't look anywhere near as effective playing other systems, and our most common system lacks adequate replacements in certain positions. Recognizing that doesn't make me some doom-mongering misery.

I dunno man. I see you and Keniget, and I've known you guys for over half my life and this is what we've always been waiting for and it may never get better than this and I'm afraid you guys may miss it.

I dunno man. I see you and Keniget, and I've known you guys for over half my life and this is what we've always been waiting for and it may never get better than this and I'm afraid you guys may miss it.

Oh, you're one of those loving the journey fucking weirdos like Klopp.

What have I missed exactly? I've only watched Liverpool beat Barcelona a few hundred times, and every piece of related media a few hundred more. We've got several thousand cups now, given the amount of times I've seen it get hoisted.

I'm enjoying this season, and I loved last year, but if we hadn't won the cup, I think it would have broken me, and I think it would have broken the team as well. Our response to that could scarcely be going any better, and I love every time the whistle goes peep peep, and I'll be at the parade, should there be one. But I'll have some sense of doubt and trepidation until we win the title, and it's not because I don't buy into this team or I'm "missing something" it's just, I don't know, my entire lived experience as a Liverpool fan. I don't know what it feels like to win a title, but if it happens, I promise to make it all up to you.

I don't know what it feels like to win a title, but if it happens, I promise to make it all up to you.

Hopefully you won't have long to wait and once one comes there will a few more so you and millions more will experience the joy.
As for the "doubt and trepidation" you and me both,I almost shit myself everyone we play(especially the Barca game despite being 3nil up).

Oh, you're one of those loving the journey fucking weirdos like Klopp.

What have I missed exactly? I've only watched Liverpool beat Barcelona a few hundred times, and every piece of related media a few hundred more. We've got several thousand cups now, given the amount of times I've seen it get hoisted.

I'm enjoying this season, and I loved last year, but if we hadn't won the cup, I think it would have broken me, and I think it would have broken the team as well. Our response to that could scarcely be going any better, and I love every time the whistle goes peep peep, and I'll be at the parade, should there be one. But I'll have some sense of doubt and trepidation until we win the title, and it's not because I don't buy into this team or I'm "missing something" it's just, I don't know, my entire lived experience as a Liverpool fan. I don't know what it feels like to win a title, but if it happens, I promise to make it all up to you.

Yeah, how many times have you watched "the Road To Kiev" highlights on DVD?

Never?

Me either. There's no enjoying the ride until we get there and it's won.

I'm not sure why everyone thinks they will fall away.

Because that's what usually happens when an unexpected team is uncharacteristically high approaching the half way mark.

We see this every other year; a team no one expected to do so well, up in or near the European places... And then they finish the season in midtable.

Now... I fully expect Leicester to do better than mid table... But 4th or 5th is a more than reasonable expectation for them this season.

Yes ,last time they rode high they won the title against all odds... But that year was a bit of an anomaly... All the big teams were having crap seasons at the same time. Full credit to Leicester, but the timing had a lot to do with their title... They were doing well when everyone else sucked. That's simply not the case this year.

We're strong. City are strong (perhaps not as strong as last two years)... Chelsea have shown glimpses of getting better.

This season isn't like the season that Leicester won the title.

With Vardy, Evans, and Rodgers they'll have enough winner's experience to finish 2nd or 3rd unless they see injuries, which isn't a guarantee with the lighter schedule

Rodgers just signed a 3.5 year contract. Must have heard Arsenal wanted him.
Decent job by his agent that and arguably a good deal for the club, I doubt it took much , stability is golden for most prem clubs , as if Leicester could risk the prospect of uncertainty in every aspect of his absence.

How come Ben Chillwell gets a Cross of St. George but Johnny Evans gets the Union Jack? Surely it should be the Banner? Or is this a new thing?
Because twitter doesn't have the Norn Iron flag. Which is a fucking disgrace!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom