• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Why Leicester are title challengers again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha ! I had updated mine yesterday but forgot to upload it ;)

Screenshot-2019-12-09-at-11-58-36.png

Interesting to see that both we and United has done our job at home and have mainly awaygames to go. But City and Chelsea also has a lot of awaygames left here.

Interesting to see that both we and United has done our job at home and have mainly awaygames to go. But City and Chelsea also has a lot of awaygames left here.
I think it also shows United to be much better than most of us think they are. I was shocked when I updated the table and had to go over their results to make sure I hadn't messed up somehow (I was indeed tempted to 'amend' them). Once they start beating the rest regularly I can see them and Spurs challenging what looks to be a fading Chelsea for third.

I think it also shows United to be much better than most of us think they are. I was shocked when I updated the table and had to go over their results to make sure I hadn't messed up somehow (I was indeed tempted to 'amend' them). Once they start beating the rest regularly I can see them and Spurs challenging what looks to be a fading Chelsea for third.

Looks more like they have got themselves into defending well and counter against good teams but unable to dictate games against weaker opposition. But I have faith that Ole will sort that easily.... 4 United headlines per newspaper over here must mean something!!

We outplayed them at Anfield. They had one shot at goal. He might know us, the same way Rafa knows us but it's a totally different thing to stop us.
I don't rate Rodgers as a tactician. He has a certain style and sticks to it. It's probably why we were so poor in Europe when he was in charge.
Exactly and hes so wrapped up in his own importance that he was trying to take some of the credit of where klopp has taken us like he had built tge foundations for klopp to build on. Rodgers is shitester who would screw iver his wife to get what he wants
Ih actually he did screw over his wife and his best mate colin pascoe, basically fucked over his life long friend just to keep himself in a job for a few weeks more. Any decent bloke would have walked then an there a d show some sirt of loyalty to your best friend

Exactly and hes so wrapped up in his own importance that he was trying to take some of the credit of where klopp has taken us like he had built tge foundations for klopp to build on. Rodgers is shitester who would screw iver his wife to get what he wants
Ih actually he did screw over his wife and his best mate colin pascoe, basically fucked over his life long friend just to keep himself in a job for a few weeks more. Any decent bloke would have walked then an there a d show some sirt of loyalty to your best friend
In the inside Anfield video it looked pretty awkward when he came down the hall with the players and greeted the Anfield staff. In the next shot you see Kolo going up to the same people and shake their hands.

30s in

Last edited:
Not sure Leicester will fall away like so many are claiming. I'm worried about them.
Name one thing you're NOT worried about ! It needn't be football related. :D

I strangely pine for the 'New' Hal he promised us but didn't deliver on. Even in what so far is an incredible 'once a century' season he still comes across as the Boatman ferrying us all to Hades.

Utd give up possession against the big teams and play defensive try hit them on the counter which is why they have done well against the big 6 but when they play lesser teams they play the same way agsinst them and they struggle to break them down

Utd give up possession against the big teams and play defensive try hit them on the counter which is why they have done well against the big 6 but when they play lesser teams they play the same way agsinst them and they struggle to break them down
I'm sure I saw somewhere recently that they actually had the best Xg in the PL ... but their failure rate was horrific. I'd expect that to even itself out tgo a degree over a season.

I never buy to much in to expected goal or similar stats
xG does actually seem to be a very good barometer, I've been listening to podcasts using it for two seasons now & when they use it to predict which teams are over performing & underperforming it's accuracy is unnerving.

I've said before, it just seems to back up what your own eyes tells you a lot of the time, like Utd under Ole in the initial run, everyone said they didn't look like they should be doing that well, xG showed they were massively over performing, & when their xG stats returned to the mean they dropped off to the shit show they now are.

xG does actually seem to be a very good barometer, I've been listening to podcasts using it for two seasons now & when they use it to predict which teams are over performing & underperforming it's accuracy is unnerving.

I've said before, it just seems to back up what your own eyes tells you a lot of the time, like Utd under Ole in the initial run, everyone said they didn't look like they should be doing that well, xG showed they were massively over performing, & when their xG stats returned to the mean they dropped off to the shit show they now are.
Its just a bit too Americanised. You know know how those damn yanks like their stats and ad breaks in their sports

Good news 1: We're top of the top 7 mini league

Good news 2: Man City has played 2 lesser top-7 games

Good news 3: Leicester's record in top-7 games isn't eye-catching

View attachment 1531
Really demonstrates how much better United are against sides that come on to them. They much prefer playing on the break. Accordingly, I have backed Big Dunc's Blue Army to beat them this weekend.

Last edited:
Leicester won’t be able to hang with us all season since we’ll break the 100pt mark and they’re not at that level, but they are a damn good team and will easily finish top 4. City has the guns to make a strong run, especially once Laporte returns and their defense stops being shit, so i think Leicester finish 3rd.

For the last fucking time they are not a threat. I hope they beat City who are the ONLY team capable of putting together the kind of run needed to stop us.

I made Vardy captain in my Fantasy Team this week! Bad for my Fantasy team. Good for LFC. :)

Last edited:
For the last fucking time they are not a threat. I hope they beat City who are the ONLY team capable of putting together the kind of run needed to stop us.

City are 17 points behind, they could win every remaining game and not overtake us. Only way we lose from here is a collapse.

City are 17 points behind, they could win every remaining game and not overtake us. Only way we lose from here is a collapse.

I still wonder how we would do as a team if anything was to happen to VVD. That worry is always at the back of my mind, and I don't think Leicester will lose that many games going forward, it is not over till it's guaranteed, we as LFC supporters should know better by now. Also my focus on who is behind us is not City anymore, I think there is a good chance they will draw or lose the game against Arsenal later today.

Have a mate who’s a Leicester fan. From what he says, the squad isn’t particularly deep so they have to rely on the same players week in week out and they’re getting tired.

Leicester are coming off a very easy run of games. Burnley, Southampton, Palace, Arsenal, Brighton, Everton, Watford, Villa and Norwhich. They have done very well, but I dont think they would have been expected to lose any of those games.

They have us and City in 5 days next week, it will decide if they really are title challengers or not. I suspect not, Sheffield Utd are the only top 7 side they have beaten so far this year.

Leicester are coming off a very easy run of games. Burnley, Southampton, Palace, Arsenal, Brighton, Everton, Watford, Villa and Norwhich. They have done very well, but I dont think they would have been expected to lose any of those games.

They have us and City in 5 days next week, it will decide if they really are title challengers or not. I suspect not, Sheffield Utd are the only top 7 side they have beaten so far this year.

This season is one of those where we have been the only consistent team really with Leicester a close second. No matter what we think of United, Arsenal, Chelsea, and Spurs - there is enough quality in those sides to beat any other team, and to be honest with the games we have had - like against Watford just now, we could have easily lost that game - we were not great but we are winning them. I look at our lead and think fucking hell we can win this thing, but then think of the majority of the league games we have had and none of them really stand out in terms of performance and dent my confidence and belief in the team somewhat.

I still wonder how we would do as a team if anything was to happen to VVD. That worry is always at the back of my mind, and I don't think Leicester will lose that many games going forward, it is not over till it's guaranteed, we as LFC supporters should know better by now. Also my focus on who is behind us is not City anymore, I think there is a good chance they will draw or lose the game against Arsenal later today.

There is no chance Arsenal are getting anything out of that game. Easy 3 points for City.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom