• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Will Newcastle buy anyone off us?

Prefix for Poll Threads

Who will they steal?

• Nobody - fuck the barcode oil merchants

Votes: 22 68.8%
  • Salah

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Mane

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Firmino

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Robertson

• TAA

• Allison

• Virgil

• Klopp

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Other

Votes: 6 18.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That doesnt matter til they are in Europe and thats probably 2 or 3 years away.
I’ve completely forgotten the FFP rule, but didn’t they have to look at overall accounts from the previous couple of seasons?
And with a bit of investment it’s not too hard to get into a European competition after a couple of transfer windows so I still think FFP would come into it. Much more difficult for them to do a City.
But who knows.

Apparently the fact that Ashley has kept their expenditure exceptionally low means there's a lot more overhead for investment in terms of not breaking FFP.

Not sure why, just heard a footy accountant talking about it.

There's also every chance that FFP could be relaxed, or even removed completely, for this season (inevitable if you ask me) & next season too.

Apparently the fact that Ashley has kept their expenditure exceptionally low means there's a lot more overhead for investment in terms of not breaking FFP.

Not sure why, just heard a footy accountant talking about it.

There's also every chance that FFP could be relaxed, or even removed completely, for this season (inevitable if you ask me) & next season too.

Huh ? Why would FFP be relaxed when clubs revenues are at their lowest and liabilities greatest ?

It's a tool to protect football clubs from themselves as much as it is gatekeep petro dollars , I can't imagine any club (bar the usual suspects) would want to spend at unsustainable levels during the next window

Huh ? Why would FFP be relaxed when clubs revenues are at their lowest and liabilities greatest ?

It's a tool to protect football clubs from themselves as much as it is gatekeep petro dollars , I can't imagine any club (bar the usual suspects) would want to spend at unsustainable levels during the next window
Cos clubs have less revenue coming in, yet still have expenditure, so to prevent a genuine threat of many clubs having to sell players or lay off staff, etc, it allows owners to pump money in, which under FFP they wouldn't have been able to do.

I would hope there'd be strict rules to stop it being abused, but fuck knows.

No silly... FFP is a tool the evil rotters at UEFA use to stop plucky Man City from being able to win all the trophies their long struggle and hard endeavour warrants.

Couldnt really care if they buy someone from us, as if they do it would be a player we want to sell. Everyone else wont want to go there.

Cos clubs have less revenue coming in, yet still have expenditure, so to prevent a genuine threat of many clubs having to sell players or lay off staff, etc, it allows owners to pump money in, which under FFP they wouldn't have been able to do.

I would hope there'd be strict rules to stop it being abused, but fuck knows.

I would imagine the clubs could only accept interest bearing loans from owners that have to be repaid with earned income and by a specific date. None of this interest free loan shite that can be written off or converted into shares.

Bare in mind they won’t be able to spend the way City did, as FFP wasn’t in place when they started with oil money.
City didn't buy any reall players of note the first couple of seasons not at least till Aguero.

Besides I don't care who Newcastle want to buy, just so long as they takes some of the players I named off our hands :)
Newcastle may have money now but we have money,pedigree and notoriety

City didn't buy any reall players of note the first couple of seasons not at least till Aguero.

Besides I don't care who Newcastle want to buy, just so long as they takes some of the players I named off our hands :)

Rubbish. The first thing they did was hijack Chelsea's move for Robinho.

Rubbish. The first thing they did was hijack Chelsea's move for Robinho .
Yeah!! and how did that turned out...? He hardly set the world alite did he...Were they not linked we Carlos Tevez..?? Even up the the end of the window when everybody thought that was who they were gonig to sign,Tevez...? Robinho seem to me that it was a second choice signing, a "look at us we made a big money sign" sort of thing, when they could not get their real target

Last edited:
Rubbish. The first thing they did was hijack Chelsea's move for Robinho.

Are you serious?

A lot of their transfers didn't work out but that doesn't mean they didn't spend big immediately and purchase highly sought after players at the top end of the game straight out the gate.

Robinho
Jo
De Jong
Zabaletta
Kompany
Bridge
Wright-Phillips
Bellamy
Tal Ben Haim

FOR 120M - Which was insane back then and you might notice at least a couple of names there that went onto to have incredible careers.

In fact before Aguero came along you can add the following to their list

Tevez
Adebayor
Toure
Dzeko
Silva
Milner
Kolarov
Boateng

for 180m

And that's just the stand outs.

Ok I will give you Toure,Dzeko,Silva,Kolarov, Zabaletta,Kompany... Tevez was more of a Man Utd refusing to pay the money owed to the agent, so Tevez move to City... The rest of the player you name I do not consider of "note"

Ok I will give you Toure,Dzeko,Silva,Kolarov, Zabaletta,Kompany... Tevez was more of a Man Utd refusing to pay the money owed to the agent, so Tevez move to City... The rest of the player you name I do not consider of "note"
Regardless of note. They still spent a shit load of money. And they have smaller pot than Newcastles prospective owners.

They enticed Robinho by saying it was 'Manchester'. The daft cunt thought he was signing for Manchester United.

You couldn’t even try that shit with Newcastle. Fuck me, players turn down the north west no matter the money. Try getting them to the north east.

Yeah!! and how did that turned out...? He hardly set the world alite did he...Were they not linked we Carlos Tevez..?? Even up the the end of the window when everybody thought that was who they were gonig to sign,Tevez...? Robinho seem to me that it was a second choice signing, a "look at us we made a big money sign" sort of thing, when they could not get their real target

I worry about you.

Are you serious?

A lot of their transfers didn't work out but that doesn't mean they didn't spend big immediately and purchase highly sought after players at the top end of the game straight out the gate.

Robinho
Jo
De Jong
Zabaletta
Kompany
Bridge
Wright-Phillips
Bellamy
Tal Ben Haim

FOR 120M - Which was insane back then and you might notice at least a couple of names there that went onto to have incredible careers.

In fact before Aguero came along you can add the following to their list

Tevez
Adebayor
Toure
Dzeko
Silva
Milner
Kolarov
Boateng

for 180m

And that's just the stand outs.

According to the Torygraph, the first signings will be Barkley and Stones. Typical Newcastle.

They could get both of those with mike Ashley in charge. Never mind “the Saudis are trillionaires which means we are mega loaded and can buy anyone in the world”.

Exclusive: Rafael Benitez wants to make his second coming at Newcastle United

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...l-benitez-wants-make-second-coming-newcastle/

Rafael Benitez wants to return to manage Newcastle United once the proposed Saudi Arabia-backed takeover is complete and would like to sign Manchester City centre-back John Stones, 25, and Chelsea midfielder Ross Barkley, 26.

Even this does not worry me... We have the greatest manager in the world Jurgen Klopp

image.jpg

Memory may not be quite what it was, but That was one thing I cleary remembered was the shock on everyones face when it turned out to be Robinho and not Tevez

Yeah, that makes perfect sense. Definitively no notable players signed by Man City in the first couple of seasons.

The shock on everyone's face when 150M of signings in the first season turned out to not be Tevez had such a massive impact that it erased those players from existence and turned your brain into a potato.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom