• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Will Newcastle buy anyone off us?

Prefix for Poll Threads

Who will they steal?

• Nobody - fuck the barcode oil merchants

Votes: 22 68.8%
  • Salah

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Mane

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Firmino

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Robertson

• TAA

• Allison

• Virgil

• Klopp

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Other

Votes: 6 18.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpg

Beat me to it .... THE most obvious response!

I could see them being in for the likes of Clyne, Lovren, Milner, Lallana & Shaqiri - looking for some experienced players in the PL to be part of a squad along side some bigger bets they'd make. I can't see them initially being in for big money PL based signings without this foundation.

Pretty unlikely but what if on the off chance, they get relegated this season?

Does this takeover happen?

Are you both missing a 0 at the end? They’re Trillionaires that need rinsing.

In typical Newcastle style.

[article]The controversial £300m Saudi Arabia-funded takeover of Newcastle United appears to be in serious doubt after the World Trade Organization ruled that the country is behind a pirate satellite TV and streaming service that offers illegal access to sporting events, the Guardian can reveal.
[/article]

Bare in mind they won’t be able to spend the way City did, as FFP wasn’t in place when they started with oil money.

FFP is going to have to be relaxed because of COVID so now might be the perfect time for Newcastle to begin spending

FFP is going to have to be relaxed because of COVID so now might be the perfect time for Newcastle to begin spending

Why does it have to be relaxed - have clubs come in to money they previously didn’t have, to spend on new players?

FFP is based on the amount of losses a club makes which is a function of how much they spend (wages, transfer fees, other costs) and how much they bring in (gate receipts, sponsorship money, merch sales etc). Clubs are all losing a lot of money at the moment due to COVID (lost gate receipts, merch sales, sponsorship penalties).

It is, therefore, potentially possibly that a club may fall foul of FFP, even if they spend next to nothing on transfers. That is why FFP may be (should be) relaxed

FFP is based on the amount of losses a club makes which is a function of how much they spend (wages, transfer fees, other costs) and how much they bring in (gate receipts, sponsorship money, merch sales etc). Clubs are all losing a lot of money at the moment due to COVID (lost gate receipts, merch sales, sponsorship penalties).

It is, therefore, potentially possibly that a club may fall foul of FFP, even if they spend next to nothing on transfers. That is why FFP may be (should be) relaxed

It only applies to teams in Europe doesn’t it?

In any case - it makes no sense to allow clubs to spend more money if their loses are greater.

If anything it should encourage clubs to be more prudent.

Relaxing FFP would give the likes of City an even bigger advantage over ever other team, wouldn’t it?

If anything, FFP rules should be tightened and extended - football survives this by reducing the amount of money spent on transfer fees, wages, agent fees, etc.

From an article over a year ago:

"The Premier League has brought in its own form of financial regulation which is not as stringent as Uefa's FFP.

Clubs cannot make a loss in excess of £105m across the 2013-14, 2014-15 and 2015-16 seasons (as with FFP, investment in infrastructure and youth development is exempt).

Any club that posts losses in excess of that figure could face severe penalties, including a points deduction.

A loss between £15m and £105m has to be guaranteed by club owners."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/29361839

From an article over a year ago:

"The Premier League has brought in its own form of financial regulation which is not as stringent as Uefa's FFP.

Clubs cannot make a loss in excess of £105m across the 2013-14, 2014-15 and 2015-16 seasons (as with FFP, investment in infrastructure and youth development is exempt).

Any club that posts losses in excess of that figure could face severe penalties, including a points deduction.

A loss between £15m and £105m has to be guaranteed by club owners."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/29361839
The bitters are fucked then

I could see them being in for the likes of Clyne, Lovren, Milner, Lallana & Shaqiri - looking for some experienced players in the PL to be part of a squad along side some bigger bets they'd make. I can't see them initially being in for big money PL based signings without this foundation.

Hasn't Milner said he'd like a last hurrah back at Leeds where he's from, or was that speculation by others? I could see him returning there to try and help them establish themselves back in the top flight. A move back to Newcastle might be less likely unless they offer him silly money, and even then I'm not sure he'd go - Citeh offered him more than we did to stay with them.

They will be able to spend at the top of the market but they wont be able to acquire the top players consistently right away. Look back at City's rise and the overspends they made to build their squad, most of whom were overpaid flops. But it was a necessary stage to start to improve their squad. Jo, Elano, Santa Cruz, Robinho, etc.

Newcastle can offer wages and likely eventually a trophy-competing squad but they dont have the city location or weather that London clubs or Spanish ones do.
There's also FFP which wasn't really s factor when City started out.

Hasn't Milner said he'd like a last hurrah back at Leeds where he's from, or was that speculation by others? I could see him returning there to try and help them establish themselves back in the top flight. A move back to Newcastle might be less likely unless they offer him silly money, and even then I'm not sure he'd go - Citeh offered him more than we did to stay with them.
Speculation. He says in his book something along the lines that he'd like it, but a number of factors would have to be right to make it happen & that he's happy here. Hints throughout the book that he wants to coach & loves doing so with the younger players, & I can't think any player wouldn't want to learn that in our current setup.

Imagine going from Liverpool to Leeds.

It's like that time the guy my dad knew who left his wife and two kids and moved in with a woman who had 4 kids. Everyone was slagging him telling him that you're meant to find someone with no kids.

Imagine going from Liverpool to Leeds.

It's like that time the guy my dad knew who left his wife and two kids and moved in with a woman who had 4 kids. Everyone was slagging him telling him that you're meant to find someone with no kids.
Tell that to GOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom