• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Will the real Mo Salah please stand up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So many chances today. Rather than lament them being missed I’m going to be grateful we created them. Nunez had 2-3 game changers and Mo had that great chance. What a finish at the end!!

In addition to the goal, Mo played a couple of absolute genius balls for Jota and Firmino, I think. He is much more than just a scorer.
He is. He’s great. Still pisses me right off when he gets utterly greedy like when he didn’t square the ball in a 2 vs 1 situation to Jota. Emerson made a great save but it would have been a certain goal had he passed to Jota.
He was well pissed off when Nunez didn’t square the ball to him in a similar situation. Pot, kettle, black.

He is. He’s great. Still pisses me right off when he gets utterly greedy like when he didn’t square the ball in a 2 vs 1 situation to Jota. Emerson made a great save but it would have been a certain goal had he passed to Jota.
He was well pissed off when Nunez didn’t square the ball to him in a similar situation. Pot, kettle, black.

He probably went - i gave you a free header earlier and you scuffed it, so i'll do it myself instead.

They were hardly comparable. Mo was 1 v 1 with the keeper, and the keeper made a world class save. Nunez had a defender in his way, and a easy ball to Jota or a harder ball to Mo, and he ran straight at the defender.

They were hardly comparable. Mo was 1 v 1 with the keeper, and the keeper made a world class save. Nunez had a defender in his way, and a easy ball to Jota or a harder ball to Mo, and he ran straight at the defender.
Mo was 2 v 1 with the keeper.

Wanted to make sure I wasn't dreaming it.
mo.jpg

I just can't agree. It just takes a diagonal pass/roll past Ederson for a tap-in. 100% certain goal for Jota.
I think if you watch in real time, Salah made the right decision. Salah had the right angle, he was on his favoured left foot, he had enough space to open his body, and enough of a gap from the trailing defender that him taking the shot was the best option there.

There was a tiny window where he might have considered playing the ball to Jota, but running at that pace with 3 defenders chasing and Ederson rushing out, I think the layoff would have been more difficult to execute than the finish. Ederson just made a great save.

The Nunez situation was totally different, as Nunez had the least advantageous position in a 3 v 1, and he chose literally the worst option.

I just can't agree. It just takes a diagonal pass/roll past Ederson for a tap-in. 100% certain goal for Jota.
YEs, he had to square it, and I thought that when watching it live. Amazed that commentators on both Sky and MOTD didn't say so; think they were too distracted by the save.

Mo had just the keeper to beat, Nunez had a defender and two free Liverpool players clear in his eye line. They're not comparable. I think Nunez is just trying to force it too much, he's clearly got talent, just needs to put the team first and he can get a little more selfish when we're winning more games.

I think if you watch in real time, Salah made the right decision. Salah had the right angle, he was on his favoured left foot, he had enough space to open his body, and enough of a gap from the trailing defender that him taking the shot was the best option there.

There was a tiny window where he might have considered playing the ball to Jota, but running at that pace with 3 defenders chasing and Ederson rushing out, I think the layoff would have been more difficult to execute than the finish. Ederson just made a great save.

The Nunez situation was totally different, as Nunez had the least advantageous position in a 3 v 1, and he chose literally the worst option.
You think beating a top goalkeeper is easier than a tap in into an empty net. I certainly don’t. And I did watch it real-time and it was the obvious choice to make. Jota was screaming for it.

4 goals in a week, by SCM maths he should be on Haaland money. Or does that only work when you want to bash him.?

Wait, everything since afcon has been erased now? There was no need to be concerned? If he starts playing as he did the last two games, and scoring regularly, do you think anyone will complain? Happy if hes back, because if he is, we can still win a trophy or 2 this year.

Stopped scoring when Mane went to the middle, and now that he is restored to a position where he can cause havoc he looks like scoring. Elliot can be that right sided mid that does the work needed, thought he defe ded really well yesterday in helping Milner, and also when he could he provided good support for Salah.

Incidentally and interestingly also, Salah looked a lot more of his old threatening self, when he was moved more to the middle.

Also noticed how in the last 2 games, we’ve moved to a more fluid, dynamic version of a 4-4-2, switching with ease on a few occasions during attack to our more accustomed 4-3-2-1/4-2-3-1.

Harvs in particular has been instrumental as RM/RW providing cover to the RB in his last 2 matches.

Incidentally and interestingly also, Salah looked a lot more of his old threatening self, when he was moved more to the middle.

Also noticed how in the last 2 games, we’ve moved to a more fluid, dynamic version of a 4-4-2, switching with ease on a few occasions during attack to our more accustomed 4-3-2-1/4-2-3-1.

Harvs in particular has been instrumental as RM/RW providing cover to the RB in his last 2 matches.

Is this a case of the team being bettered balanced with Jota on the left ahead of Diaz? Mo seemed to be pushed wider since Diaz joined.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom