• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Wimbledon 2017

momoWASboss

If you take me seriously then you’re an idiot
Its been a strange one so far with the number of injuries. That includes those turning up injured playing a set then collecting 30 grand. Also injury occurring on the courts with court 18 being criticised for being too dry causing horrific injuries.

Federer and Djokovic so far untested. Nadal looking awesome.

Murray being tested to the full by Fognini right now.

Murray through to the second week. He gets a few days rest before the fourth round. He will need to find a few more gears when he starts against the top players. His injured hip is taking more of a toll than he's saying.

Murray turns up for the last 5 games and goes off.

Fair play to him , his character has come on tremendously over the past few years. How many players win that set , starting off 2-5 down?

At times he was just getting his shots in hoping fognini made a mistake. Not placing them just getting them over the net. He can't do that against the others at the top.

Maybe not. But the battling qualities he showed to get back on top in that fourth set were a real positive.

His doggedness broke Fognini - did he get a single return over the net in that final game?

Murray's injury is definitely bothering him.

I'm not sure why anyone is surprised by his tenacity & will to win, that's been there for a very long time now, he's developed that trait of never being able to admit defeat that the very best players get.

This Nadal Muller match has been enthralling.

Almost 4 and a half hours so far. Fifth set at 10 games to 11. Muller has had four match points. The first coming an hour before the last!

Great game between Konta and Halep. Impressed with Halep waiting at the end to walk off with Konta. Classy. Mark of a future champion.

That scream at the end is one of the reasons why I hate the Wimbledon crowd. I think at that stage defeat was a matter of when and not if. With that scream she thought it was an out call and stopped playing.

That scream at the end is one of the reasons why I hate the Wimbledon crowd. I think at that stage defeat was a matter of when and not if. With that scream she thought it was an out call and stopped playing.

Chill out. A passionate crowd is better than the half empty seats and lunching audiences in the other grand slams. That ONE point should have been replayed, but to complain about an involved audience is daft. Even Halep said so after the game, that when she plays at home in the Davis cup its the same noisy partisan crowd, so get on with it. In fairness to the Wimbledon crowd the opponent to the British player and the non favourite will always be applauded for good play too. And they often get right behind an underdog. So, I'm going to say you're entitled to your assessment of the crowd, even if it is wrong.

That's surely what happened , I'm surprised the point wasn't replayed but Halep took it well, regardless.

she looked beaten after the end of the first set

Poor the Murray..

Querrey wasnt that good, he was playing a cripple by the midway point of the second set, if Murray kept that mobility up, errors from Querrey wouldve continued, fancy him to be comfortably beaten by Cillic.

Can only hope the GOAT wins it now... ( The GOAT of my lifetime, atleast)

The Williams sisters play like top 50 men baseline bullies , Venus is unplayable to just about every other female player when playing like this.

Yeah the Spaniard to win the women's and a Federer win in the men's please.

Back
Top Bottom