• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Wolves (A) - FA Cup 3rd Round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreambeliever

From Doubter to Believer (to doubter again)
So go strong, rotate slightly of wholesale changes?

I’d love to see Robbo, VVD, Lovren and the front 3 rested but seems unlikely

Important to win I think after the defeat to city.

Would love Curtis Jones to start.

Hoever is rumoured to be in the squad. Would love to see him get some game time.
Not a surprise really considering Clyne is on his way and Macca says Hoever who very highly rated by all the coaching team. Hope he gets a run out.

We have a 5 day break to Wolves (FAC) then 5 days Brighton, 7 days to Palace then 11 days to Leicester. I doubt Klopp is going to be resting too many now the festive season is over and he may put more into the FAC this season depending on how our CL challenge goes since they are concurrent, though I still expect a few squad players to start this one and the double pivot will be in play as Klopp will want to see this cemented for the 2nd half of the season and for Bayern.

............................ Becker

TAA .......... Lovren ......... VvD ....... Moreno (if he doesn't play him here then he never will - which I know many would like but it's not reality) !

............. Fabinho ................ Hendo

............................... Keita

Shaq ...................... Origi ................. Mane (or Origi)
...........................(or Studge)

Last edited:
------------------------Ming
Hoever -- Lovren --- VvD -- Moreno
----------Shaq --- Keita --- Jones
---Origi----------Sturridge ------Lallana

The front 3 needs a rest after the Christmas fixtures. Id rather rest VvD but unless Klopp is going to play Fabinho at CB I dont think we have much choice at the moment unless people think Phillips is ready for a first team run.

------------------------Ming
Hoever -- Lovren --- VvD -- Moreno
----------Shaq --- Keita --- Jones
---Origi----------Sturridge ------Lallana

The front 3 needs a rest after the Christmas fixtures. Id rather rest VvD but unless Klopp is going to play Fabinho at CB I dont think we have much choice at the moment unless people think Phillips is ready for a first team run.
Hoever is 16 yrs old, I can't see him starting. I'd forgotten Keita ! Added him to my changed team.

We have a 5 day break to Wolves (FAC) then 5 days Brighton, 7 days to Palace then 11 days to Leicester. I doubt Klopp is going to be resting too many now the festive season is over and he may put more into the FAC this season depending on how our CL challenge goes since they are concurrent, though I still expect a few squad players to start this one and the double pivot will be in play as Klopp will want to see this cemented for the 2nd half of the season and for Bayern.

TAA .......... Lovren ......... VvD ....... Moreno (if he doesn't play him here then he never will - which I know many would like but it's not reality) !

The players could do with a good two weeks rest never mind 5 days.

The players could do with a good two weeks rest never mind 5 days.
Two weeks away and they are then not match fit. One game a week is great and there will be some rotation to start and some substitutions to versus Wolves. As per the team I posted above.

Hoever is 16 yrs old, I can't see him starting. I'd forgotten Keita ! Added him to my changed team.

He probably wont, its more likely Milner plays RB but Im prepared to give Klopp a pass on any players he feels need a rest. TAA is just back from injury, Gomez is out and Clyne is gone. Its not ideal but this is the sort of game where one or two young players can get a run.

Two weeks away and they are then not match fit. One game a week is great and there will be some rotation to start and some substitutions to versus Wolves. As per the team I posted above.

Winter break would be the same. Two weeks with no game but training would be ideal

I agree with Winter game proposal. However that's 2 weeks for all teams so they are all at the same level of fitness/rest.

With our early fa cup exit last year didn’t we have a nice training break somewhere sunny around this time of the year?

Mignolet
Milner Lovren Fabinho Moreno
Keita Henderson Lallana
Shaqiri Sturridge Origi

Give the front free, vvd and robbo a rest. The rest should play, wolves are decent and will be up for the game as they usually are against the big teams.

Despite what people are saying about our squad depth this season I don't think we can compete in this cup along with CL and PL at stake - best thing to do is put a team that may get a result but not risk any of our spine players in this game - so the following players should NOT play this game under any circumstances - so don't even take them to put on bench as subs:-

1) VVD
2) Gini
3) Alli
4) Salah/Firminio - non of these should play
5) No TAA and No Robertson
6) Only one of Keita or Shaq should be risked - both not to play at the same time - only one.

So if you take those players out - what does that leave us ? - I have no idea other:

Studge/Divok/Moreno/Fabinio/Henderson/Milner/Lovren/Lallana/{Youngsters I have idea about}

create team out of the above lot and hope they scrape through. But do not risk any of the others for this competition.

Despite what people are saying about our squad depth this season I don't think we can compete in this cup along with CL and PL at stake - best thing to do is put a team that may get a result but not risk any of our spine players in this game - so the following players should NOT play this game under any circumstances - so don't even take them to put on bench as subs:-

1) VVD
2) Gini
3) Alli
4) Salah/Firminio - non of these should play
5) No TAA and No Robertson
6) Only one of Keita or Shaq should be risked - both not to play at the same time - only one.

So if you take those players out - what does that leave us ? - I have no idea other:

Studge/Divok/Moreno/Fabinio/Henderson/Milner/Lovren/Lallana/{Youngsters I have idea about}

create team out of the above lot and hope they scrape through. But do not risk any of the others for this competition.
Who the FUCK is Alli. Get a grip man.

I see you have us playing with 12.. should easily win with the man advantage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom