• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Wolves (A) - FA Cup 3rd Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solanke - Klopp says he was unlucky here, the offer was good, it was in his best interests to move.

Clyne - he was a good option but his back problem changed his chances, TAA took his chance and Clyne wanted to go. It was better to let him go rather than keep him in the wrong frame of mind.

Mignolet will play (fecking hell)

Gomez a few days from full training.

Last edited:
Solanke - Klopp says he was unlucky here, the offer was good, it was in his best interests to move.

Clyne - he was a good option but his back problem changed his chances, TAA took his chance and Clyne wanted to go. It was better to let him go rather than keep him in the wrong frame of mind.

Great ! He may miss Brighton but hopefully ready for the challenges ahead after that.

I think he was talking about "Joel" (Matip) at that point. He started answering the question about "Joe" and then switched it to "Joel" saying he was closer to a return and was basically close to resume full (contact) training. 12.08 in that video.

I don't know how we will do it, but we need to rest:

Alisson, VVD, Trent, Robbo, and the front 3.

Everyone else can start.

Ming
Camacho
Phillips
Lovren
Moreno
Fabinho
Keita
Lallana
Shaqiri
Origi
Studge

Somewhat balanced. And not a totally tragic lineup.

Last edited:

Allison, VVD, Trent, Robbo, and the front 3.

Everyone else can start.

Ming
Camacho
Phillips
Lovren
Moreno
Fabinho
Keita
Lallana
Shaqiri
Origi
Studge

Yep, thats much better than my suicide squad back 5.

I think he was talking about "Joel" (Matip) at that point. He started answering the question about "Joe" and then switched it to "Joel" saying he was closer to a return and was basically close to resume full (contact) training. 12.08 in that video.
Sounded like Joel to me.

Alisson, VVD, Trent, Robbo, and the front 3.

Everyone else can start.

Ming
Camacho
Phillips
Lovren
Moreno
Fabinho
Keita
Lallana
Shaqiri
Origi
Studge

Decent enough but I think Klopp might go stronger

Goalkeepers don't need a rest. It's bollocks.
I think psychologically sometimes they do. Also, when you play a certain amount of games in a short period, as Alisson did over Xmas, diving around might bring a few niggles here and there.

It's most likely that he's fine physically. But i'd rather not have our first team GK out there and risk any injury, or loss of confidence because he's more exposed, playing with a makeshift defence.

It's pretty certain Sturridge, Lallana, Keita, Moreno, Simon, Shaq will start. No idea about the rest. Not fussed though.

Wolves are quite close to 7th, which is a Uefa cup spot so i suspect they might rest a few too.

Jürgen Klopp has confirmed his intention to rotate for Monday’s FA Cup third-round tie at Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Liverpool make their second visit to Molineux of the season having concluded a demanding run of 11 games in a little under six weeks against Manchester City on Thursday.

Klopp explained during his pre-match press conference that such a hectic schedule necessitates changes, with Simon Mignolet and Alberto Moreno definite starters.

Joe Gomez (leg) and Joel Matip (collarbone) are on track to return to team training in the coming days, but Monday’s match will come too soon for the defensive duo.

“He [Mignolet] will play, of course,” the boss said.

“I can say Alberto will play as well, there is no doubt about that. He has to play, that’s clear.

“Yes, we have to [make changes]. That’s clear. We came through the intense period now somehow OK, but of course we have to make changes. How many I don’t know, but we have to. There is no chance for anything else.”

Nuno Espirito Santo, meanwhile, has a fully fit squad to choose from, with Diogo Jota back in full training after the hamstring injury that forced him to miss Wolves’ last four fixtures, including the 2-0 defeat to the Reds on December 21.

Romain Saiss, who was substituted due to a knock to his knee in the Midlanders’ 2-0 loss to Crystal Palace on Wednesday, is also available.

Romain Saiss, who was substituted due to a knock to his knee in the Midlanders’ 2-0 loss to Crystal Palace on Wednesday, is also available.

“Diogo started training on Friday. The moment he starts training with the team he’s always an option for us,” Nuno told the media.

“Everybody trained, so everybody is fit.”

We've had lousy luck with this cup every year since Klopp arrived. Injuries in the first year, tough draws since then, not helped by his disjointed selections. We really need to win something, and once again we're set to act like some satiated serial league winners who can afford to throw stuff away. Sometimes you need to rotate, yes, fine, but once again we're bringing in players who should never play for us again - shit keeper, shittest left back in living memory... Back to back defeats doesn't help a team trying to compete elsewhere. Genuine contenders are brutal, greedy, proud teams, not fearful and neurotic ones. And the clock ticks on while Klopp remains the manager mocked for being the perennial loser.

We've had lousy luck with this cup every year since Klopp arrived. Injuries in the first year, tough draws since then, not helped by his disjointed selections. We really need to win something, and once again we're set to act like some satiated serial league winners who can afford to throw stuff away. Sometimes you need to rotate, yes, fine, but once again we're bringing in players who should never play for us again - shit keeper, shittest left back in living memory... Back to back defeats doesn't help a team trying to compete elsewhere. Genuine contenders are brutal, greedy, proud teams, not fearful and neurotic ones. And the clock ticks on while Klopp remains the manager mocked for being the perennial loser.
Agreed

in reality after the city defeat, we need to hump someone to show we're contenders. As our next game is a cup game though, we need to show our strength there

Playing a weaker side risks losing, and a loss against wolves (regardless of its a b team), might unsettle some of the camp, that might carry over to league form.

We should be aiming for 100% every game. Rotate by all means, but wholesale changes is fucking gash

I agree we need to win something. But we need to win PL or CL. Last season we came close on one. This season we should win one or both. I would rather we got to the CL final than the FA Cup final.

Klopps latest interview suggest his priorities lie elsewhere...

I could care less about this competition either...

Next League game couldn't come soon enough imho

I agree we need to win something. But we need to win PL or CL. Last season we came close on one. This season we should win one or both. I would rather we got to the CL final than the FA Cup final.

Well, duh. But when we get knocked out of the CL, then you might wish we'd not been quite so casual about the FA Cup. Using your squad is essential, of course, but when the subs you bring in just show how far they are from challenging the regular XI, you've undermined morale and encouraged the regular starters to relax. The ideal thing would be to rest your main men, but then make them watch their understudies demonstrate how the team can get good results without them - that's how you keep everyone on their toes as well as rotate them. What gets me is when players who've done nothing to deserve a recall get one anyway just because the regulars need a rest. If, say, Robertson needs a rest, then you may as well bring in Adam Lewis from the under23s - at least if he makes naive mistakes he can learn from them, unlike that empty-headed plank Moreno, and if we bomb out he'll at least have experienced a high profile game. But no, Moreno, the player who's made a career out of losing us big games, gets picked, even after whining to the media that he feels mistreated. Same goes for Ming - there's no positive to be gained from him playing again, he's going to be sold soon enough, so if Alisson really is exhausted, we may as well play Grabara or Kelleher - yes, they might make a howler, but at least it's a young kid making a mistake, not a serial howler-maker like Ming. If your rotated side is going to be a weakened side, then at least make it a side that will take something positive from the game, even if it's just a few lessons to be learned. Moreno makes me want to throw up just seeing his name on the team sheet.

I understand what Klopp is trying to do but it really irritates when he changes too much and then comes out after the game looking surprised that the team played like a bunch of strangers.

Like I give a fuck about the FAC. It seems like Klopp doesn't either and I doubt a loss would matter an iota to the players either.

There's only one thing that matters now and all our resources should be on managing that.

I think we've been really unlucky with the draws these last few years as well. Look at the other top teams. Home games against teams from lower leagues, while we travel away to Wolves.
Its the type of games were you have to use your whole squad but also want to progress and qualify for the next round.
Not a easy decision after a horrific festive program and loads of games.

Well, duh. But when we get knocked out of the CL, then you might wish we'd not been quite so casual about the FA Cup. Using your squad is essential, of course, but when the subs you bring in just show how far they are from challenging the regular XI, you've undermined morale and encouraged the regular starters to relax. The ideal thing would be to rest your main men, but then make them watch their understudies demonstrate how the team can get good results without them - that's how you keep everyone on their toes as well as rotate them. What gets me is when players who've done nothing to deserve a recall get one anyway just because the regulars need a rest. If, say, Robertson needs a rest, then you may as well bring in Adam Lewis from the under23s - at least if he makes naive mistakes he can learn from them, unlike that empty-headed plank Moreno, and if we bomb out he'll at least have experienced a high profile game. But no, Moreno, the player who's made a career out of losing us big games, gets picked, even after whining to the media that he feels mistreated. Same goes for Ming - there's no positive to be gained from him playing again, he's going to be sold soon enough, so if Alisson really is exhausted, we may as well play Grabara or Kelleher - yes, they might make a howler, but at least it's a young kid making a mistake, not a serial howler-maker like Ming. If your rotated side is going to be a weakened side, then at least make it a side that will take something positive from the game, even if it's just a few lessons to be learned. Moreno makes me want to throw up just seeing his name on the team sheet.

I understand what Klopp is trying to do but it really irritates when he changes too much and then comes out after the game looking surprised that the team played like a bunch of strangers.

I get your sentiments. I agree with some of your points too. But I don't really get if you want us to loose or you want us to win.

I want us to win as it is good for the club, the squad, the fans, the morale etc. It is important to strike back after the result at City, get back to winning games. We have a bigger chance with the players normally at the bench in PL rather than youngsters. I get it that every man and his dog hates Moreno. I really don't care about the lad. He has been here for som years, mainly behaved, look well fit and hardly plays anything. So I can't be fuzzed about him. A player that wants to play more? Fine... Bogarde was a cunt for running down his contract without caring and Moreno is a cunt for wanting to contribute? Don't get that.

Yes we can't guarantee success in CL more than the FA Cup. My point was only that we as a club need to win the PL or the CL in the near future. FA Cup is nice but we need more I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom