• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Women's World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone watch Italy-China last night ? The footie was so-so, but the Italian centre-forward who got their first goal !

If I wasn't really old, married, grandchildren, etc. etc. ... :woot:

Anyone watch Italy-China last night ? The footie was so-so, but the Italian centre-forward who got their first goal !

If I wasn't really old, married, grandchildren, etc. etc. ... :woot:

She looked much better on the big screen last night than her existing web photos suggest. I shall try and catch Italy in the quarters, maybe, to see if I was imagining it last night. :)

Is the waistcoat now official uniform for England managers or is Neville just a cock sucking twat?

If I was a lesbian, I would probably be smitten by her. Iconic looks, excellent player and even managed to put Trump in his place in between game-winning performances. Look out, England!

5d167340a17d6c1aff6db0bb-1334-667.jpg

Tbh, felt for them, marginal offside and was never a penalty though..

England never get the tub of the green at tournaments

Not sure I like VAR

Tbh, felt for them, marginal offside and was never a penalty though..

England never get the tub of the green at tournaments

Not sure I like VAR

Yea it's going to take a long time to get VAR 'right', as in acceptable to everyone.

Disagree on the penalty though, after replay number 20 I saw her leg getting a knock as it was pulled back to strike the ball and that totally threw her off. That's a bit of a triumph for VAR, really really difficult to see the contract without.

I felt the BBC were somewhat over-hyping the Lionesses in the build-up to the semi-final. I heard a midfielder described as "the female Bobby Moore" and the captain Houghton as "an exceptional human being." Not so exceptional that she could score a penalty.

Yea it's going to take a long time to get VAR 'right', as in acceptable to everyone.

Disagree on the penalty though, after replay number 20 I saw her leg getting a knock as it was pulled back to strike the ball and that totally threw her off. That's a bit of a triumph for VAR, really really difficult to see the contract without.

Youthful similar story. I played in the All Ireland soccer final 1985 (Under 13), @ Dalymount. Went on a mazy run, and as I was about to shoot, someone clipped my foot as I was shooting and duffed the chance as a result. Ref didn't see it. It would have been the winner. We lost on penos. So yeah VAR is the beast for catching this :)

I felt the BBC were somewhat over-hyping the Lionesses in the build-up to the semi-final. I heard a midfielder described as "the female Bobby Moore" and the captain Houghton as "an exceptional human being." Not so exceptional that she could score a penalty.

I think that's more indicative of commentary in general. They're always trying to come up with soundbites because they know clips of games (with their commentary) get repeated on a number of platforms nowadays. It's why Tyler always used to shout ROOONNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEYY everytime that troll took a shot, regardless of whether it was anywhere close to being on target; Tyler was doing it just in case he scored and the clip would get repeated everywhere.

The pitch of Tyler's voice always goes up an octave whenever a Man United player has the ball.
I hate Tyler with a passion. Not only for his United bias but because he fucking rambles on and on about all sorts of shit when there's match going on. I'm sure his actual 'commentary' on the match can't amount to more than 15 mins at most. They should have retired him, or buried him, years ago.

I hate Tyler with a passion. Not only for his United bias but because he fucking rambles on and on about all sorts of shit when there's match going on. I'm sure his actual 'commentary' on the match can't amount to more than 15 mins at most. They should have retired him, or buried him, years ago.

Absolutely. Plus completely meaningless statistics like "Rashford is the 19th Man United player to score at Old Trafford on his birthday!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom