• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

World Athletics Championships 2009

Indeed. Great to watch. Tyson will need to find the best start of his life to stay within a tenth of him. Chambers for bronze (or more likely, sixth).

[quote author=livvy185 link=topic=35275.msg925911#msg925911 date=1250451257]
Yup

Did you see Bolt jog the semi in 9.89? He's fucking awesome.
[/quote]

Sooner or later he'll be uncovered as a drugs cheat.

There is no anti-doping federation in Jamaica , and Jamaica have all the best 100m and 200m sprinters both male and female.

I'd say that's not a coincidence.

He should have to start 10m behind. 6 foot 5. It's just very unfair on some of these other guys. If they were born in any other era, they'd be setting WRs and winning gold medals. But in the Bolt era, they're eating dust.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=35275.msg925945#msg925945 date=1250453505]
There is no anti-doping federation in Jamaica , and Jamaica have all the best 100m and 200m sprinters both male and female.

I'd say that's not a coincidence.
[/quote]

I'm no expert but surely he must be heavily tested by the IAAF or whoever it is?

Yeah, but there is no test for HGH and he's not tested in Jamaica where he trains. So he can do whatever he likes in Jamaica provided he knows how long he needs to get clean before competition.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=35275.msg925951#msg925951 date=1250453734]
Yeah, but there is no test for HGH and he's not tested in Jamaica where he trains. So he can do whatever he likes in Jamaica provided he knows how long he needs to get clean before competition.
[/quote]

I'm about as cynical as they come but I have to say, I'm inclined to think he's just an incredible athlete. The confidence and ability is frightening. I'd be very surprised if we didn't start seeing a whole host of unfeasibly large athletes emerging who are only just discovering how good they are.

[quote author=Delinquent link=topic=35275.msg925978#msg925978 date=1250455597]
[quote author=Rosco link=topic=35275.msg925951#msg925951 date=1250453734]
[/quote]

I'm about as cynical as they come but I have to say, I'm inclined to think he's just an incredible athlete. The confidence and ability is frightening. I'd be very surprised if we didn't start seeing a whole host of unfeasibly large athletes emerging who are only just discovering how good they are.
[/quote]

Well in his defence I think he's not the only one, they are all at it to some extent and he's still better than them. I'd be amazed if all top athletes aren't taking HGH.

Anyone who seriously thinks Bolt is on drugs, is obviously a serial conspiracy theorist!

He's tested 4/5 times during each meet due to his events.

He's a freak who we won't see the likes off for a while again. He can go sub 9.5

On a further note, well done to Jessica Ennis. She'll be a better face for 2012 then Miss Ohuraghu (sp).

[quote author=Mr_V link=topic=35275.msg925992#msg925992 date=1250456357]
Anyone who seriously thinks Bolt is on drugs, is obviously a serial conspiracy theorist!

He's a freak who we won't see the likes off for a while again. He can go sub 9.5

On a further note, well done to Jessica Ennis. She'll be a better face for 2012 then Miss Ohuraghu (sp).
[/quote]

But he's not tested in Jamaica, where he can absorb the benefits of the drugs while training and then make sure he's clean when he goes to these events.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=35275.msg925997#msg925997 date=1250456600]
[quote author=Mr_V link=topic=35275.msg925992#msg925992 date=1250456357]

[/quote]

But he's not tested in Jamaica, where he can absorb the benefits of the drugs while training and then make sure he's clean when he goes to these events.
[/quote]

Yes he is, as is everyone from Jamaica, don't know where you've got that information from because the IAAF can call Bolt at any time 3 times a year. And Jadco tested all their athletes before the Jamacian championships, leading to 5 being caught doping.

Jamaican anti-doping panel says it is unable to prove 5 athletes used drugs at national champs
AP August 10th, 2009
5 Jamaican athletes cleared of doping

KINGSTON, Jamaica —Five Jamaican athletes were cleared Monday of doping at their national championships two months ago after the country’s anti-doping panel failed to determine whether the banned substance was on the prohibited list.

The athletes reportedly tested positive for the stimulant methylhexanamine. But Kent Gammon, chairman of the Jamaica Anti-Doping Commission’s disciplinary committee, said it was unable to prove they had breached any doping policy.

“Therefore, we have not found any of the athletes in violation of the (anti-doping) code,†Gammon said.

The athletes had previously been identified as Yohan Blake, Sheri-Ann Brooks, Allodin Fothergill, Lansford Spence and Marvin Anderson.

The athletes are now cleared to compete in the world championships in Berlin, but the International Association of Athletics Federations — track and field’s governing body and organizer of the worlds — could review the ruling.

The IAAF can challenge any judgments in the Court of Arbitration for Sport, world sport’s highest court of appeal, based in Lausanne, Switzerland. The IAAF can also provisionally suspend athletes until the CAS delivers a verdict.

The anti-doping panel started its hearing last week. None of the five athletes are considered among Jamaica’s top talent, but the positive tests were a blow to a nation that takes great pride in the accomplishments of its sprinters.

Monday’s announcement came after Jamaica’s Amateur Athletic Association warned another five athletes that they would be barred from the worlds if they did not attend a training camp this week.

Those athletes included 100-meter Olympic champion Shelly-Ann Fraser and Asafa Powell, a former 100 world-record holder. The others are 400 hurdles Olympic gold medalist Melaine Walker, hurdler Brigitte Foster-Hylton and sprinter Shericka Williams.

It's a shame this always has to be bought up every time an athlete achieves something amazing, but I think Ross is right to be at least suspicious.

I reckon they should let them all take drugs and just be done with it.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=35275.msg925970#msg925970 date=1250455241]
It's cos he's black
[/quote]

as opposed to all those white Sprinters !!!! ;D

Had to laugh at the german lass (white token) 100m sprinter she was last by a mile

Back
Top Bottom