• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

World Athletics Championships 2009

This could be funny..

Some incredible news breaking in Berlin - The IAAF has asked the South African athletics federation to conduct a gender verification test on 18-year-old 800m favourite Caster Semenya, due to run at 2035 BST, amid concerns she does not meet the requirements to compete as a woman. "It's a difficult scenario," reflects BBC commentator Steve Cram on BBC Two. "The IAAF cannot do anything unless one of the other competing nations lodges a protest."

Amazing to witness. It wasn't a race, it was a one man show from start to finish.

He'll go sub 19 one day.

I happened to randomly watch the race yesterday, he has ripped up the rule book and chucked it out of the window. He has smashed every single record and his preperation is so unconventional it's crazy.

Watching him jump around and talk into the camera, givin it the large you would not think it was the final of a major championships. He then stormed out of the block, and kept going.

I remember watching the likes of Christie and Lewis who would concentrate, get in the zone, visualise themselves winning and all that pychological shizzle this guy looks like he is gonna go for a stroll in the park and then breaks the world record again.

Freak of nature

I'm not having it. The truth will out in the end, he's on the best roids ever developed. No chance it's legit.

[quote author=LarryHagman link=topic=35275.msg929795#msg929795 date=1250869401]

I'm not having it. The truth will out in the end, he's on the best roids ever developed. No chance it's legit.

[/quote]

It wouldn't be the first time in fairness.

Nobody knew about THG when Marion Jones was dominating.

Bolt was keen to emphasise that all of his achievements have come without the influence of drugs.

He has taken 0.16 sec off the 100m record in just 15 months - previously the mark had been lowered by only 0.21secs by seven athletes over a 39-year period - and some continue to question whether or not he is clean.

"I keep telling people I'm clean," said Bolt. "I get tested all the time. I come out, I train hard and I'm always ready and focused.

"I'm not offended (by suspicion) because year after year people come out, run fast and test positive, so I know it's always going to be in the sport."

Dibs on the girl who just anchored the French 4 x 400 team in the first heat.
God dayum!

And the girl who led out the Aussi's and the Russians.

This is going to be fucking brilliant. Im hoping for another world record.

[flash=400,400]http://www.youtube.com/v/QXUz2w4GxvI&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1[/flash]

Back
Top Bottom