• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

World Cup Day 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fucking love the world cup.

Sitting here, at half 1 on a Friday afternoon in the middle of summer watching an actual competitive match, with one to follow at 4 & Portugal playing Spain tonight.

Fucking boss.

Hate players demanding the ball be kicked out when someone stays down and it's not serious

I fucking love the world cup.

Sitting here, at half 1 on a Friday afternoon in the middle of summer watching an actual competitive match, with one to follow at 4 & Portugal playing Spain tonight.

Fucking boss.

Haven't got my arse out of work yet.. Teleconference With far east a little later. But game on at the computer. Cant wait to get to this new place where they have built up a nice setting with food and drinks. Wife at another party so no disruptions there. Sunny weather so seating outside is Perfect. And round off the eve with Thåstrøm (probably toughest Scandinavian rocker these days) concert. Fuck me this is great!!!

Helluva a miss that.

Only watched him a few times this season but he's not been the player he once was.

He came out & said playing too much whilst recovering from surgery & after the injury before surgery was sorted has been limiting his style of play & frustrating him. Today he just looks short on confidence & unfit.

I bet any money Salah has just had an injection in his shoulder at half time.

Came out putting his arm back in his jacket & bib & rubbing round it a bit.

Suarez goes through, lovely ball from cavani, does really well to get into position & hit it well but keeper did well too, saved it with his knee.

[bcolor=transparent]17 - Edinson Cavani had the fewest touches (17) of any Uruguay player in the first half,[/bcolor]

[bcolor=transparent]I just doesn't get this guy. I never thought he was any special.[/bcolor]

That bit of skill about twenty minutes in was sublime though. Controlled it & lifted it over the onrushing defenders leg then volleyed it.

The touches thing is more down to Uruguay not being able to get the ball into the final third imo.

Just tried out the BBC sport vr thing on my gear vr.

It's a great proof of concept. Couldn't watch much on it due to the low resolution (ok pixel size if you're being pedantic) which means the pitch is so blurry you can't make out player numbers, but the feeling of 'being there' is unparalleled for footy, esp the goal end views. Very similar feeling to watching it from the side of the goal at the Kop end.

There's also way more empty seats than you can see on TV!

There's two huge floating 'tv screens' in the corner of the stadium so you get to watch the normal broadcast too.

By the next WC I expect the experience to be a helluva lot more refined.

Just tried out the BBC sport vr thing on my gear vr.

It's a great proof of concept. Couldn't watch much on it due to the low resolution (ok pixel size if you're being pedantic) which means the pitch is so blurry you can't make out player numbers, but the feeling of 'being there' is unparalleled for footy, esp the goal end views. Very similar feeling to watching it from the side of the goal at the Kop end.

There's also way more empty seats than you can see on TV!

There's two huge floating 'tv screens' in the corner of the stadium so you get to watch the normal broadcast too.

By the next WC I expect the experience to be a helluva lot more refined.

I just realized that your house is that house down the street with all the cool shit... the console you didn't have, the R rated movies on the cable decoder.

I support Uruguay every competition, as I loved visiting there, and one of my best friends is from there. He in return suffers through supporting Liverpool. It's not really working out for either of us.

Helluva a miss that.

Only watched him a few times this season but he's not been the player he once was.

He came out & said playing too much whilst recovering from surgery & after the injury before surgery was sorted has been limiting his style of play & frustrating him. Today he just looks short on confidence & unfit.

He still got 31 goals and 18 assists in 51 games.

What a result this will be for Russia.
Practically through after one game. A draw with either of these and its done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom