• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

World Cup of the Damned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounding like he’s Argentinian as opposed to Scottish.

I’ve convinced myself that Mac Allisister is the result of a member of the Tartan Army that never quite made it home from the ‘78 World Cup.
MacAllister actually has Irish roots not Scottish

Gutted for Morocco, they played well but I think those fine margins and extra luck you need just wasn't there.

LFC been linked with Amrabat who was all action hero throughout the tournament. Him and Nunez in the team would be absolutely full metal 100% football. The thing is though could he replicate that heart, energy and drive on a weekly basis in England?

Other than that. I hope the Argies win. As much as I want Ibou to win, I despise Macron. The Messi v Ronaldo 'debate' could be put to bed.

Yesterday was my first time seeing the Moroccans play. Very impressed.

Two players stood out for me. Hakimi (what a player! Imagine having him instead of Trent as our RB) and their number 8. Can't remember his name. Sounds a bit like Zinedine. Plays a bit like Zidane. He was a constant thorn in the French's side, always linking play and pushing forward.

Yesterday was my first time seeing the Moroccans play. Very impressed.

Two players stood out for me. Hakimi (what a player! Imagine having him instead of Trent as our RB) and their number 8. Can't remember his name. Sounds a bit like Zinedine. Plays a bit like Zidane. He was a constant thorn in the French's side, always linking play and pushing forward.

Azzedine Ounahi. Coming soon to a premier league club near you.

319388831_107913958835538_1696652916199895675_n.jpg

From what I saw in the world cup, Nunez doesn't belong on that list.
You mean from the usual defensive Uruguay team who were eliminated in the group stage ? He hardly had the ball any time at all over those matches and even more rarely in any dangerous situations.

Hmm who's opinion carries more weight ... Modo or Ancelotti ?

Joke !

You mean from the usual defensive Uruguay team who were eliminated in the group stage ? He hardly had the ball any time at all over those matches and even more rarely in any dangerous situations.

Hmm who's opinion carries more weight ... Modo or Ancelotti ?

Joke !
OK let's say we didn't buy him, would he have impressed you this world cup? Would you look at him and go, "wow, that's a £100 mill player right there".

I still want Argentina to win a) for Messi and b) because France have been boring / grinding their way through this competition...

... but I'm guessing being "woke" hasn't made it to Argentina yet, eh?

OK let's say we didn't buy him, would he have impressed you this world cup? Would you look at him and go, "wow, that's a £100 mill player right there".
Do you base your decisions on one competition in which the team he's playing in is crap? And he will not ever cost us £100m - no wonder fans of other clubs claim £80m (still wrong) when our own fans are almost doubling what we have paid to date !

The problem for me was that Uruguay didnt play to his strengths or set him up with the chance to impact the game. In one they paired him with Cavani who clearly is over the top and finished at top level.
Defensive minded, no attacking plan and a team that didnt look like they were allowed to push many men forward.

If its one thing we've learned its that international tournaments are no place to judge whether or not players will succeed at club level. El-Hadji Diouf being the best example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom