• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

World Cup - Semi Final 1 - France v Belgium

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might watch this, because I don't care who wins.

That said: Fellaini, Hazard, Martinez, Lukaku........hmmm, France it is. Less Premier league tits in their team.

For all the attacking talent France have, they have been pretty dire but done just enough in each match. I wonder if martinez keeps the same front 3 who were outstanding against brazil.

For all the attacking talent France have, they have been pretty dire but done just enough in each match. I wonder if martinez keeps the same front 3 who were outstanding against brazil.
I didn't think France had been dire at all.

They've just not got of second gear

I think the Belgian back 3 are rather old/slow and may struggle against M'bappe.

Belgium will probably sit back, inviting France to attack them and hope to hit them on the break.

France have some pacy defenders which might help them to survive that Belgian tactics.

Well, unless France decide to sit back too, in which case we're in for a boring game...

I didn't think France had been dire at all.

They've just not got of second gear
I think they've been pragmatically effective.

Doing just enough to get past teams & gradually getting better each time.

The ideal tournament performance so far.

I think the Belgian back 3 are rather old/slow and may struggle against M'bappe.

Belgium will probably sit back, inviting France to attack them and hope to hit them on the break.

France have some pacy defenders which might help them to survive that Belgian tactics.

Well, unless France decide to sit back too, in which case we're in for a boring game...

Alderweireld is very far from slow, and Kompany can turn on a bit of speed still, despite his injuries.

I keep waiting for Griezmann to Griezmann. Or at least a Fekir special. Hopefully it'll come now

I keep waiting for Griezmann to Griezmann. Or at least a Fekir special. Hopefully it'll come now

I think, looking at individuals, France and Belgium have arguably the most obvious talent in their teams:

Lloris, Varane, Pogba, Kante, M'Bappe, Griezman
Courtois, Alderweireld, Hazard, Lukaku, De Bruyne

Impressive indeed.

Alderweireld is very far from slow, and Kompany can turn on a bit of speed still, despite his injuries.

Apparently Alderweireld might replace Meunier (suspended), which means Vermaelen in his CB position. I didn't even know he was still alive but I have no doubt that he's still shit

Fellatio has been tracking Pogba in midfield. Getting excited bout some elbow action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom