• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Would you like to see the how SCM likes system changed ?

Would you like to see the system changed..?

• YES

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • NO

Votes: 24 82.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Donavan Ried

Alive and still kicking, Just
The current system of whether someone likes what you have posted is flawed in my opinion.
The flaw likes as it is in the current form means that if someone likes what you have posted their name are there for all to see. Which is fine in one sense, it show you who likes what you have posted at a glance.

But the flaw in this system is It shows everyone else who likes it as well..

This I believe leads to a rather skewed version of what is viewed as popular and what is not, or what is said by one person and agreed with by many...

If something is posted by a contributor and that post is controversial or touches on a uncomfortable subject matter it is too often meet with negative post, and "Yes" you see a lot of likes for those negative posts from contributors that do not like the subject.

But what you don't see are post from those contributors who either like the subject, or agree with the post, because it Identifies them by name, and they don't want the kick back from agreeing with; or liking that post. So too often the just do not register a "Like" for the post

For me the problem with that is it stifles debate and that it takes away from the enjoyment of SCM somewhat.

The system that I would like to see is one that your likes for a post is represented in the form of a "Star"

You see this as a single "Star" with the number of contributors who have hit the like button, and just as now you can see the names in your "Alerts" and "Who Liked Your Post"

Back
Top Bottom