• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Your top 10 Liverpool strikers in the EPL era?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is Salah so far down your list? Hasn't Salah done way more than Torres?

It’s hardly a bad thing to be rated below

Arguably the most gifted footballer to ever play for us
Our top goalscorer in EPL era by a distance even though he left relatively early
A player that struck up arguably the best partnership since Keegan and Toshack
And well Mane is my ideal attacker, I couldn’t love him more.

Salah
Suarez
Fowler
Torres
Owen

If you're talking as a Liverpool player then for me the Salah v Suarez debate was over when we won in Madrid. Suarez never delivered a major title for Liverpool. Since then Salah has gone on to break all sorts of records which leaves Suarez in his wake. Its not even close anymore in my opinion.

I guess its a bit like those Utd fans who rate Cantona ahead of Ronaldo or VanNistlerooy. Its based on emotion not logic, Suarez was an emotional player. Salah is in contention for his 3rd straight golden boot, thats a level of performance that very few players ever reach. People dont care, yet the same people will get misty eyed about the time Suarez demolished Norwich as if thats the pinnacle of sporting achievements.

How many of Suarez's teammates would have started on this team? Maybe Gerrard? Studge wouldn't get ahead of Firmino (Due to style of play) and that Raheem wasnt' close to Mane or Salah. So 1 player basically, and no back line or goalkeeper ... The fact we almost won the league that year was due to the sheer attacking brilliance of him, with great contributions from STudge, Raheem & Gerrard. If you put MO in that team, and Suarez in this team, you still see Salah winning major titles?

If we're judging players by 'major titles delivered,' how far does Stevie fall down your list considering the great midfield generals of our club delivered far more major titles.

How many of Suarez's teammates would have started on this team? Maybe Gerrard? Studge wouldn't get ahead of Firmino (Due to style of play) and that Raheem wasnt' close to Mane or Salah. So 1 player basically, and no back line or goalkeeper ... The fact we almost won the league that year was due to the sheer attacking brilliance of him, with great contributions from STudge, Raheem & Gerrard. If you put MO in that team, and Suarez in this team, you still see Salah winning major titles?

If we're judging players by 'major titles delivered,' how far does Stevie fall down your list considering the great midfield generals of our club delivered far more major titles.

I suspect we would probably find a place for Coutinho, but yeah I agree with your point on the whole!

Plus, Suarez probably would have broken the league goalscoring record before Salah had he not been a bitey, racist nutcase. He scored 31 goals in 33 games - a strike rate better than when Salah scored 32 and beat the record. And he didn't take penalties.

Salah, is brilliant obviously. But Suarez was outrageous in a far inferior team.

Still our most potent striker by numbers.

It felt strange to include him in the PL list, but he is obviously one of the best.
He would be in my top three. But it is really tight at the top.
Fowler, Suarez, Rush, Torres.

It felt strange to include him in the PL list, but he is obviously one of the best.
He would be in my top three. But it is really tight at the top.
Fowler, Suarez, Rush, Torres.
Ian Rush was still hitting a goal in every two games until he left us should count for something. Registering double digits for a good 3 Premier League seasons at his age. Like I said, he is my favourite player at that time and pretty sure he will be for a long while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom