• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

latest rumour liverpool thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

redhorizon2

Very Active
Liverpool transfer news: Reds target £12.4m Benfica midfielder

Posted by
Jordan Chamberlain
26th January 2014, 11:01am

Brendan-Rodgers-Liverpool.jpg

Andre Gomes has emerged as a prime Liverpool target…
Liverpool are interested in signing Benfica midfielder Andre Gomes, and could make a £12m offer before the transfer window closes, reports the Sunday Times.
With Lucas injured, and Steven Gerrard seemingly struggle to adapt to the holding role, Brendan Rodgers has earmarked the young Portuguese ace as a target this January.

Gomes has represented Portugal at various youth levels, but has barely got any first-team action for his club this term. He’s only played four games, coming off the bench in every one of them, so it’s unlikely he will provide the Liverpool side with the immediate experience and ability it needs.
Gomes is very composed on the ball, but arguably lacks the physicality and defensive qualities to aide Liverpool’s top four push straight away.
http://www.fanatix.com/news/liverpool-transfer-news-reds-target-12-4m-benfica-midfielder/178986/

Liverpool FC keen on Man Utd target Gokhan Inler - report

by Crunch Sports Staff
Posted 26 January 2014
Discuss
email.gif

Gokhan Inler (credit: Harold Cunningham/Getty Images)
Liverpool are reportedly ready to enter the race to sign Napoli midfielder Gokhan Inler.

Inler was linked with Manchester United, as well as rivals Manchester City, before he joined Napoli from Udinese in 2011, while more recently, Arsenal have been linked with the 29-year-old.

Just last month, Inler refused to be drawn on speculation linking him with a move to Arsenal during this month's transfer window, but according to TuttoMercatoWeb, Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers is showing interest in the Switzerland international.

According to the report in Italy, Rodgers is considering swooping for the 29-year-old before the transfer window closes at the end of the week, but may wait until the end of the season.

Reports in Italy last week had claimed United boss David Moyes is considering a January swoop for the player, who is under contract at Napoli until 2016.

Speaking before Christmas, Inler had said of a January move: "The transfer market? You will have to ask my agent, I do not pay attention to these things.

"I’m completely focused on my duties as a player."

Chelsea FC, Liverpool FC target Kurt Zouma dropped by Saint-Etienne

by Crunch Sports Staff
Posted 26 January 2014
Discuss
email.gif

Kurt Zouma (credit: THIERRY ZOCCOLAN/AFP/GettyImages)

Kurt Zouma, who has been linked with Chelsea and Liverpool, was dropped by Saint-Etienne for Sunday's Ligue 1 trip to Bordeaux, fuelling speculation about his future at the club.

Zouma has been linked with Liverpool and Manchester United in recent months, but Chelsea monitored the teenager throughout 2013, and the 19-year-old's agent has in recent days confirmed Jose Mourinho's interest.

The highly-rated centre-back appears to be keen on a move to Stamford Bridge, recently confirming he has spoken to Mourinho, who on Saturday claimed Chelsea are unlikely to make further new signings this month.

And although the French club insist Zouma is not for sale, his omission from the squad for Sunday's game has led to fresh reports in France about a move to the Premier League happening before the transfer window closes on Friday night.

Zouma had recently told L'Equipe about talks with Mourinho: "Well, it's true. There has been an advanced contact.

"At first I thought it was a joke. But I quickly took his call seriously. A great man like Jose Mourinho phoning a small player like Kurt Zouma, it's nice.

"It does not happen to you every day and it is a great sign of respect and trust.

"I will always take Chelsea. I loved this club since childhood and blue is my favourite colour.

"In my head, it is clear: I want a change. When going abroad, it's make or break. But it is a risk worth taking."

Great Football Reading

« Chelsea set to complete deal for much talked about star
Arsenal target ‘desperate’ for big Emirates switch »
Liverpool boss confirms interest in exciting £15 million man
Liverpool have stepped up their interest in exciting winger Andriy Yarmolenko.

The £15m rated Dynamo Kiev attacker is now at the top of Brendan Rogers’ wish-list after missing out on the 21-year-old Basel player to the Blues in an £11m deal.
The 24-year-old Ukraine international is regarded as a creator with deadly finishing ability and would fill the void that Liverpool have on the flanks.
Rogers’ admitted that “you need to have that list” in case top targets cannot be brought in and Yarmolenko would fit the bill for the Reds’ boss as he aims to secure Champions League football. (SportsDirectNews)
He would be a great buy if reports are true

Liverpool boss keen on unsettled star as battle to commence

26 Jan 2014.
Roma have reportedly entered the race for to sign Atletico Madrid defender and Liverpool target Toby Alderweireld, according to many reports

Serie A title challengers Roma have now expressed their desire to rescue him from his Atletico misery.
He has made only 11 appearances this term and opened up about his disappointment to Dutch television network Sport-1.
While the towering centre-half has admitted that a return to Holland with his former club appeals to him, that won’t detract his three known suitors from attempting to secure his services. (SportsDirectNews)
The man would be a great buy for Liverpool
http://footballroar.com/liverpool-boss-keen-on-unsettled-star-as-battle-to-commence/10592

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom