• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Şahin, "All we are saying is give Rodgers a chance"

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeTallecWiz

Doos
Honorary Member
Nuri Şahin is backing Brendan Rodgers to bring success back to Liverpool

Last Updated: October 17, 2012 9:49am
Nuri-Şahin-Liverpool-Premier-League_2837505.jpg

Liverpool new boy Nuri Şahin is backing Brendan Rodgers to guide his team to glory, provided he is given time.

After their worst start to a season in 100 years, Liverpool
spacer.gif
sit 14th in the Premier League, already 15 points behind leaders Chelsea.
spacer.gif

However, Şahin,
spacer.gif
24, believes that Rodgers has what it takes to move Liverpool forward, providing the club allow him time to develop his own philosophy.

Şahin compares Rodgers to his former boss, Jurgen Klopp, who took over a mediocre Borussia Dortmund
spacer.gif
side and turned them into champions.

"It will take time to take Liverpool back to where it wants to be," Şahin told Liverpool FC Magazine. "When Klopp came we did not have a squad to be champions.

"He changed a lot, bringing his own philosophy in. It took a while for everybody to follow it.

"He had to be calm and consistent. If you go on this way, in the first two or three weeks, okay, you might not get the results, but in the long-term it will go your way if you don't change it.

"The club gave Klopp the time to do this and it worked out very well. But as a character he is a person who relates to the player.

"I can see Brendan doing the same. Brendan's character was very influential in me coming here."

He does. Was very impressed with his first interview when he came here - came across as someone extremely ambitious and confident in his abilities, but at the same time humble and respectful. His command over the language is also very impressive. Doesn't he speak 5 languages or something? Quite a difference from the average footballer who struggles threading together more than a few words.

I'll stick my neck out on this, but he'll be the best central midfielder in the league if he sticks around for a while. I really hope we can keep him long term.

he's likening rodgers to klopp. Klopp pretty much made Şahin the player he is and surely he'd love to play under a manager like that again for a long time

*fingers crossed*

He does. Was very impressed with his first interview when he came here - came across as someone extremely ambitious and confident in his abilities, but at the same time humble and respectful. His command over the language is also very impressive. Doesn't he speak 5 languages or something? Quite a difference from the average footballer who struggles threading together more than a few words.

I'll stick my neck out on this, but he'll be the best central midfielder in the league if he sticks around for a while. I really hope we can keep him long term.
better than Zhelvey?

Malibu fucking loves me

Every time I log on its "malibu likes your comment in..."

I'm a Fucking GOD to that man
Worryingly he has liked a lot of my comments too.
He is my second biggest liker after Fabio

That's because you say proper boss/thick things count. You tread the line perfectly

I'm definitely a significant contributor to your like count too.
Indeed you are - Did I mention that Jonjo should be in the team ahead of Şahin and Henderson at the mo. The guy is on fire and it would be foolish to play anyone else (After his ban finishes of course) Basically the midfield need to pull a blinder on Saturday. If they do BR is going to be having MASSIVE midfield headaches!

Mourinho today spoke about a potential sale of Şahin. Said that they would be looking to make a big profit from the 7,8 mill they spent. But at least its a possibility that we could keep him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom