• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

100th Le Tour

Tumbleweed.gif

In seriousness.. Tour de france doesn't do it for me...

I do however enjoy watching sprint cycling events..

I love watching it, but what can Sky do to stop the constant doping questions?

As a massive ex-fan of Lance Arnstrong, I want to believe, but the way Froome rode yesterday you can see why he gets constant questioning, especially after coming out of nowhere 3 years ago.

Froome will win yellow due to his team being a gazillion years ahead of everyone else, and because Brailsford has probably uncovered a new way for his team to take drugs that WADA haven't got to figuring out yet.

I hate that I sat and watched Froome completely rape Mont Ventoux and couldn't quite believe it was possible to do so without being on something.

Froome will win yellow due to his team being a gazillion years ahead of everyone else, and because Brailsford has probably uncovered a new way for his team to take drugs that WADA haven't got to figuring out yet.

I hate that I sat and watched Froome completely rape Mont Ventoux and couldn't quite believe it was possible to do so without being on something.

I'm afraid it's only a matter until he's found out. 446 Watt on Mont Ventoux. Ridiculous.

I'm afraid it's only a matter until he's found out. 446 Watt on Mont Ventoux. Ridiculous.

Yup, it's too incomprehensible to be legit. I see Paul Kimmage, amongst others, has called it suspicious.

Its a tough one as there are many factors which can lead to a cyclist being faster on the tour:

• Lighter bikes
  • Better technology during training to perfect riding position, optimum HR -> Wattage combination.
  • Better communications meaning riders always know where they stand compared to others
  • The sport is growing meaning the standard towards the bottom is getting higher - leading to support riders who are top quality e.g. Froome for Wiggo last year, Porte for Froome this year
  • A more scientific approach to nutrition and recovery
However, there are some things which seem close to unexplainable, such as dominating Mont Ventoux after 2 savage weeks of riding!

Back
Top Bottom