• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

2014/15: Young Guns, Reserves and Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, at least it's first division football. Bordeaux finished 7th last season, so at least it's not a bad situation he's going into, I think. Willy Sagnol was the French U-21 manager for a year, and this is his first club management job. Will be interesting to see how he does there; perhaps we accepted this loan because he has a good rep in the development of young players, who knows.

All right, our U21s kick off their season tonight, 6:30pm BST versus Sunderland U21s. Our U18s were hammered 1-7 by Stoke a few days back, with a weakened team (some of the boys were in the Netherlands for the Otten Cup tournament, which we lost 0-3 to Red Bull Brasil in the final).

#LFCU21s team v Sunderland: Ward, Randall, Stewart, Jones, Williams, Rossiter, McLaughlin, Lussey, Peterson, Brannagan, Ojo
subs : Maguire, Vigouroux, Wilson, Trickett Smith, Yesil

Yes - it's Yesil!

newsign.php

#LFCU21s team v Sunderland: Ward, Randall, Stewart, Jones, Williams, Rossiter, McLaughlin, Lussey, Peterson, Brannagan, Ojo
subs : Maguire, Vigouroux, Wilson, Trickett Smith, Yesil

Interesting to see Randall, Stewart and McLaughlin (all RBs) in the starting team at the same time.

I hate the camera angles of these games. Anyway, looks like Randall at RB, Stewart at LB and McLaughlin at RM.

Bad camera angles are probably my biggest football pet hate. Did you see the state of it at the Burnley game last night? What the fuck was going on there?? They used to have pretty much the perfect view the last time they were up, now it's as bad as anything I've seen in the professional game.

Incidentally the angle will change slightly at Anfield once the new stand is built, because the cameras are being moved into the stand what with the old position being demolished and all.

Hope that doesn't fuck things up too much.

fantastic

Goal! Leeds United 0, Brighton and Hove Albion 1. João Teixeira (Brighton and Hove Albion) right footed shot from the right side of the box to the bottom left corner. Assisted by Bruno with a through ball.

Bad camera angles are probably my biggest football pet hate. Did you see the state of it at the Burnley game last night? What the fuck was going on there?? They used to have pretty much the perfect view the last time they were up, now it's as bad as anything I've seen in the professional game.

Incidentally the angle will change slightly at Anfield once the new stand is built, because the cameras are being moved into the stand what with the old position being demolished and all.

Hope that doesn't fuck things up too much.

Didn't catch the Burnley game but saw a clip of the Schurrle goal, and yeah the angle was poor all right. I think the angles at the old Highbury were poor as well, and I'm not too hot about the angle at White Hart Lane or Craven Cottage either. Hopefully we won't have to put up with these problems at Anfield during and after the renovations.

Didn't catch the Burnley game but saw a clip of the Schurrle goal, and yeah the angle was poor all right. I think the angles at the old Highbury were poor as well, and I'm not too hot about the angle at White Hart Lane or Craven Cottage either. Hopefully we won't have to put up with these problems at Anfield during and after the renovations.

I just don't like anything too close to pitch level. I know a lot of people don't like the Spurs view because it's so steep but it doesn't bother me.

So yep, Highbury was bad for me, and the old Villa Park one. And why the fuck do Spurs have that shit low view on European nights? I don't get that at all.

I just don't like anything too close to pitch level. I know a lot of people don't like the Spurs view because it's so steep but it doesn't bother me.

So yep, Highbury was bad for me, and the old Villa Park one. And why the fuck do Spurs have that shit low view on European nights? I don't get that at all.

More puzzling thing is - why the fuck do you watch Spurs on European nights? What could possibly drive you to do such a silly thing?

in other news, Bilbao in the lead away against Napoli, Iker Munian the scorer. Wish we'd buy him.

McLaughlin has had a good game; great pace and always looked a threat pushing forward. We're getting lots of room down their right but our decision-making and final ball has been disappointing most of the time when we've gotten into the final stretch.

And a fitting reward for McLaughlin's hard work. Good goal, a bit lucky with his pass to Yesil coming back to him, but good finishing.

I hope he can stay fit this season. Maybe if he doesn't go out on loan, he'll get a look-in for a cup game. Interesting to see him played further up today, and on both sides of the pitch too. We had 4 full backs in the squad today, which is rather unusual. I wonder if they see his role in the senior side (if he makes it) as a wide mid/forward and are preparing him for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom