• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

A massive thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxForceFive

6CM Addict
Administrator
...to our new owners, to Comolli, & Kenneth Mathieson Dalglish.

In two windows they have reversed H&G's legacy of mediocrity & Hodgson's continuance of that by buying shite overpriced, undertalented players.

We were *this* close to being wiped off the face of football. I still remember reading an article about our club & my heart breaking, tears welling up in my eyes as I realised we may not make it through what those two cunts were doing to us. Realising how much of OUR cash was being spent on banks debts, & how perilous & bleak that made our future, if there was to be a future for our club.

How times have changed...

We're on a stable, sensible financial footing, with owners who understand the fans & don't see us as a simple revenue stream.

We've managed to shift our deadwood & build an excellent team with some quality backup players who don't make you wince when you look at the bench.

On top of that we have young players coming through with confidence & looking like they can make the grade.

I look forward to the rest of this season with anticipation & excitement the likes of which I cant remember in a very long time. This side can do something.

It will win trophy after trophy & make the fans happy.

Seconded.

Really wish I could be there this season.

The 'History Channel' is about to get fucking real.

[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=46710.msg1392723#msg1392723 date=1314869959]

In two windows they have reversed H&G's legacy of mediocrity & Hodgson's continuance of that by buying shite overpriced, undertalented players.

We were *this* close to being wiped off the face of football. I still remember reading an article about our club & my heart breaking, tears welling up in my eyes as I realised we may not make it through what those two cunts were doing to us. Realising how much of OUR cash was being spent on banks debts, & how perilous & bleak that made our future, if there was to be a future for our club.

How times have changed...

We're on a stable, sensible financial footing, with owners who understand the fans & don't see us as a simple revenue stream.

We've managed to shift our deadwood & build an excellent team with some quality backup players who don't make you wince when you look at the bench.

On top of that we have young players coming through with confidence & looking like they can make the grade.

I look forward to the rest of this season with anticipation & excitement the likes of which I cant remember in a very long time. This side can do something.

WE will win trophy after trophy & make the fans happy.
[/quote]

HEAR HEAR! Just edited one word slightly though. :)

I remember these kinda topics when we went and got Torres and Masch under H&G.

[quote author=Krump link=topic=46710.msg1392750#msg1392750 date=1314870729]
[/quote]

As I was writing this I just knew someone would say that.

I'd have put cash on it being Ross though. I think there's a difference now in a few ways.

Primarily our fanbase/SoS being diligent in looking into the background/s of our owners & FSG. They've looked into everything. Had that been done on H&G we'd have had the heads up from day one.

There's also the owners themselves, again, unlike H&G their other sporting 'franchises' havent enjoyed a short spell of money-induced success followed by fans calling for the owners heads on sticks & they don't have a history of breaking publicly made promises, or selling the club quickly when they see a profit.

Basically their form buying & running sports clubs is about as good as you can get.

[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=46710.msg1392723#msg1392723 date=1314869959]

[/quote]

Hear, hear! We have the dream ownership and management team in place. Let's repay their faith with silverware. They took us from the brink of anonymity, now to the verge of glory!

REDMEN march on!

What a difference a year makes! Thank God, Liverpool is back......... It feels so good to be a RED ;D

I think you'll find i was one of the few who said they were right for us from the beginning. I still think they're right for us now and I think they'll be here for a long time.

We may not always agree with them, but i can't doubt that they will always act in the best interests of the club.

[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=46710.msg1392758#msg1392758 date=1314871033]
[quote author=Krump link=topic=46710.msg1392750#msg1392750 date=1314870729]
[/quote]

As I was writing this I just knew someone would say that.

I'd have put cash on it being Ross though. I think there's a difference now in a few ways.

Primarily our fanbase/SoS being diligent in looking into the background/s of our owners & FSG. They've looked into everything. Had that been done on H&G we'd have had the heads up from day one.

There's also the owners themselves, again, unlike H&G their other sporting 'franchises' havent enjoyed a short spell of money-induced success followed by fans calling for the owners heads on sticks & they don't have a history of breaking publicly made promises, or selling the club quickly when they see a profit.

Basically their form buying & running sports clubs is about as good as you can get.
[/quote]

The difference is we got Masch and Torres but the depth of the rest of the squad was depleted and weakened.

regards

I'm not saying I'm unhappy with what they've done thus far - it's clearly been excellent. It's just I wouldn't really want to second guess their motivation.

It's like the shy turkeys that gradually come to love the farmer, as he feeds them every day and keeps them warm. In fact everything just keeps getting better and all the turkeys are getting nice and fat, and none of them even hide when the farmer comes over any more, they rush out to greet him. And then one day it's Christmas Eve...

There's no denying that risk exists; but their past history suggests thats not likely.

As opposed to HIcks, who had done exactly the same thing to Corinthians.

Check out their record (not winning, but handling) of Boston vs Hicks ownership of the Rangers (he's sold 'em and the team is competing for Division title year after year) and Stars (being rebuilt). I should know ... I'm an avid Stars and Rangers fan ...

Yeah, in the past they improved the Red Sox (inflating the costs of just about everything to the fans but you can't have everything) and were hugely significant in bringing about the downfall of the banks and thus these current austerity measures bringing misery around the globe. Nice guys, good record.

Good thread. I've not been on board with all signings but the owners have clearly shown a commitment to spend.

Also, I'm most chuffed about the clean-up job Comolli and Kenny have done. Season after season we've accumulated deadwood. To clear it all out in one transfer window (and not bring in replacements for any of them) is actually tremendous.

The squad, even if short of world class quality in certain positions, is at least well-balanced and mostly full of hungry players who want to be here. Add to it the steady crop of good youngsters coming through, and Kenny and Clarke's commitment to blood them into the squad, and things start looking good.

All we need now is for FSG to splash the cash on true world class quality in the coming two transfer windows, and we could look in great shape for the next 3-4 years.

I hope comolli will now keep well away from any potential future cunts. Despite the awesome work he has done so far, I haven't yet forgotton how we were a fucking stethoscope away from signing sylvain marveux under his watch.

[quote author=Krump link=topic=46710.msg1392784#msg1392784 date=1314872090]
I'm not saying I'm unhappy with what they've done thus far - it's clearly been excellent. It's just I wouldn't really want to second guess their motivation.

It's like the shy turkeys that gradually come to love the farmer, as he feeds them every day and keeps them warm. In fact everything just keeps getting better and all the turkeys are getting nice and fat, and none of them even hide when the farmer comes over any more, they rush out to greet him. And then one day it's Christmas Eve...
[/quote]

And then what... What the hell happened!? You suck at stories.

Do you remember the massive DOF debate we had on here?

I always thought, given the massive amount of squad upheaval we needed, that having someone to conclude deals would ensure everything got done much quicker. It's worked a dream so far.

I think we'll win something this season and also get into the CL spots.

Yeah...SOS have fuck all to do. They probably miss the feeling of importance. Didn't like those guys speaking like it was super fan gospel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom