• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

A Non-Klopp Thread. Fall of the Giants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frogfish

Gone to Redcafe
And Aguero injured again.

What has happened to Argentina & Brazil ? They no longer look like the South American Invincibles, and in Brazil's case that seems to have been for quite a while, despite having some cracking players. Is it all down to management ?

Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero suffered a hamstring injury while playing for Argentina in the 2-0 World Cup qualifying defeat by Ecuador. Aguero, who scored five goals in City's win against Newcastle on 3 October, was carried off after 22 minutes. The 27-year-old is set to have a scan and looks likely to miss Argentina's game against Paraguay next week. Aguero had only just returned to fitness after a knee injury earlier in the season. A statement on the City website said: "The striker pulled up holding his left hamstring while chasing a long ball downfield." The Premier League leaders are next in action against Bournemouth on 17 October. Elsewhere in South America, Brazil were beaten 2-0 by Chile in their World Cup qualifier.

KloppKloppKloppKloppKloppKloppKloppKloppKloppKloppKloppKloppKloppKloppKloppKloppKloppKloppKloppKloppKloppKloppKloppKloppKloppKloppKloppKloppKloppKloppKloppKloppKloppKloppKloppKloppKloppKloppKloppKloppKloppKloppKloppKloppKloppKloppKloppKloppKloppKloppKloppKloppKloppKloppKlopp

/thread

Brazil have been shit (by their standard) for a few years with very little in the way of supreme talent. Neymar is the only player close to being a world beater.

Argentina seem to be going through a phase of having zero defensive players coming through. Normally there is 1 class defender at least for them

Brazil are hampered by politics (or bungs) dictating the make-up of their team. They should be better. They at least won tournaments in recent years though.

Argentina are criminally under-achieving given the talent their disposal. They've picked some dodgy managers, which hasn't helped.

Brazil are hampered by politics (or bungs) dictating the make-up of their team. They should be better. They at least won tournaments in recent years though.

Argentina are criminally under-achieving given the talent their disposal. They've picked some dodgy managers, which hasn't helped.
Another thing with Argentina is that they don't even come close to getting the best out of Messi. Add to the lack of a defence, they're long term fucked.

Brazil and the bung culture is certainly hampering them, but aside from the dodgy selection choices, there doesn't seem to be many quality players coming through. A lot of good players, don't get me wrong, but there's a lack of stardust

All the Brazil world cup winning squads had a list of players you would adore to have at your club... Now there's like... 2?3?

Strikers last night were hulk, ricardo oliviera, lucas Lima and robinho

That Brazilian team at the last World cup was just about the most unlikeable team imaginable.
Full of bellends.

That Brazilian team at the last World cup was just about the most unlikeable team imaginable.
Full of bellends.
Imagine if Costa decided to play for them for that tournament

Fucking hell I'd want to burn their coach

Imagine if Costa decided to play for them for that tournament

Fucking hell I'd want to burn their coach
That's how bad it is.
They were massively reliant on Neymar and when you compare him to Ronaldo,Rivaldo,Ronaldinho etc it's a bad state of affairs for them.
I mean Rivaldo was a dick but you could enjoy watching him play but with Neymar you just want to punch the screen.

Another thing with Argentina is that they don't even come close to getting the best out of Messi. Add to the lack of a defence, they're long term fucked.

Brazil and the bung culture is certainly hampering them, but aside from the dodgy selection choices, there doesn't seem to be many quality players coming through. A lot of good players, don't get me wrong, but there's a lack of stardust

All the Brazil world cup winning squads had a list of players you would adore to have at your club... Now there's like... 2?3?

Argentina have fucked it. Their golden generation is going to be old by the time the next tournament comes along.

Brazil need to go back to being properly Brazilian. That means Nike adverts, elasticos and players with big goofy toothy smiles. They can start by playing Coutinho.

Argentina have fucked it. Their golden generation is going to be old by the time the next tournament comes along.

Brazil need to go back to being properly Brazilian. That means Nike adverts, elasticos and players with big goofy toothy smiles. They can start by playing Coutinho.
Harsh to say they have fucked it when they have reached the finals of the last two major international championship.

Harsh to say they have fucked it when they have reached the finals of the last two major international championship.

Is it?

The performances have always looked pretty unconvincing. There is no shame in losing to Germany in the World Cup but they should've won the Copa America at least once. Bottlers.

Is it?

The performances have always looked pretty unconvincing. There is no shame in losing to Germany in the World Cup but they should've won the Copa America at least once. Bottlers.

They should have won the Copa America once, I agree. But did the big teams take the Copa America seriously until recently. I remember watching it once in the early 2000 and Brazil and Argentina were playing their B teams. Last one was the first Copa America in a long time which I followed seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom