• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

A thread for ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosco

Worse than Brendan
It's clear our coaching staff don't have any so let's put together a list we can send to them.

1. Bin Thiago
2. Play players in the right positions

1) Be more flexible with formations - the 4-3-3 is no longer working.
2) Drop Bobby - the team cannot carry him when it's so badly off of form.
3) Play Phillips with Kabak/Davies/Fabinho/Hendo ... He's a decent CB and perhaps doing so with Kabak/Davies will allow our two CMs to play ... CM?
4) Sell Pat to Red Cafe.

We should have been playing Henderson in midfield for weeks and two actual centre backs in defence. Now he's injured and we're completely buggered. There's no way we're getting top 4. I also would have given Thiago a spell out the team, but we can't do that now.

Hendo will be out for a few weeks right? Had a feeling he was going he would get injured.
Play Kieta, fabs and Milner in Mf. With Hendo gone we need a leader. Kabak and Davies in CD. Jota to replace Bobby if he is fit

1) Play Fabinho and Phillips until the end of the year.
2) Drop Firmino.
3) Move to 4231.
4) Play Shaqiri at 10
5) Play one of Mane or Salah as striker.

Unfortunately Klopp and his coaching staff are as innovative and adaptable as a Werthers Original.

We'll persist with the same shite next week.

Last edited:
I don't want to admit it but this is reflecting that horrible season that Klopp had at Dortmund. Multiple key players injured, but still playing well but losing no matter what.

Sacrifice whoever is needed next to the kop end corner flags, and try a different tactic/formation.

Sacrifice Dantes and Ross.
The deep state FA conspiracy will stop when Ross Mulder and Dantes Scully are out of the picture.

Maybe a 3-5-2 formation might work...Phillips, Kabak and Davies with Trent and Robbo bombing on as wingbacks...and probably drop Firmino for a while

That actually makes sense – we have the raw numbers at CB, but not quite the quality (especially with the high line), so 3 at the back could help.

I think we need just need to play our 2 CBs at CB. If they're not good enough to play there, WTF are they doing at Liverpool?

I'd also consider switching to the 4-2-3-1. It will give more potection to our FBs and more protection to our CBs.

Thiago is also used to playing in the formation. Play a combination of him/Gini/Fab.

Play Sadio off the left. Firmino number 10. Mo up top.

On the right is tough. Probably Ox or Shaq or Origi. Whoever is least shit in training that week.

That Dortmund team were hitting the woodwork and missing gilt edged chances, and once their finishing reverted to the norm, they finished the second half of the season strongly in second place.

On the other hand, we are giving up far better chances than the meagre efforts we conjure up these days. We're nothing like that Dortmund team, more akin to that Rodgers team in its last couple of months, bereft of confidence and stubbornly keeping possession without knowing how to unpick defences.

That Dortmund team were hitting the woodwork and missing gilt edged chances, and once their finishing reverted to the norm, they finished the second half of the season strongly in second place.

On the other hand, we are giving up far better chances than the meagre efforts we conjure up these days. We're nothing like that Dortmund team, more akin to that Rodgers team in its last couple of months, bereft of confidence and stubbornly keeping possession without knowing how to unpick defences.
If we weren't playing players out of position and kids/inexperienced players in the centre of the park, I'd be a lot more worried.

If we weren't playing players out of position and kids/inexperienced players in the centre of the park, I'd be a lot more worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom