• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Adorjan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modo

A contentious scando
Liverpool starlet Krisztian Adorjan is expected to link up with Groningen on loan after spending time training with the club.
The 20-year-old midfielder is held in high regard at Anfield but currently sees his path to the first team blocked by experienced international performers.
Liverpool are keen for him to get games and have allowed the youngster to spend the past week in Holland.
Discussions regarding a short-term deal are being held and the agency which looks after Adorjan are confident an agreement which suits all parties will be reached.
Tibor Pataky, co-owner of the CMG agency, told Nemzeti Sport: "We have an old partnership with Groningen from a long time ago and the two clubs have been negotiating continuously.
"Groningen have started pre-season with Krisztian, who has continued to train with them.
"We hope an agreement will be made this week. Anything can happen, but the plan is a loan contract."
He added: "They recognise that a Krisztian is in a tough situation at Liverpool. But they don't want to sell him.
"We would like him to go to Holland. There is interest from the Championship, but he could use his creativity more in the Dutch championship."

His contract is until 2015. This could be a decisive year in terms of his future here.

He could use some regular minutes but it's just not possible with the players in front of him. He has a somewhat relaxed, almost lackadaisical-like style about him (but he isn't lazy) that I'm not sure would work in the Championship. Going to Groningen in the Eredevisie sounds like a good move for him.

Interesting that his agency is saying we're not interested in selling him (for now).

I wouldn't call Yesil "our" product, but I get your point.

Or Sterling. The fact some of them played for the first team last season was more an indictment of how threadbare our squad was rather than ability. You wouldn't sit back and think wow this kid's got it as we did with Owen and Gerrard when they first broke through.

True, but Owen and Gerrard are two of the best youngsters the club has ever produced. The following 10+ years saw next to nothing come through - Warnock was the only PL standard player, and even Darren Potter was a highlight. Honestly, the youth cup team of 2011 was the first really peomising one I'd seen since following the reserves, much more so than the ones that actually won it in 06 and 07. It included 4 players of genuine promise, Sterling, Suso, Wisdom, and Robinson. Adorjan was always in the second tier of that team, much more a possibility than a probability.

I'd say last season's youth cup team was of a similar standard. Lloyd Jones, McLaughlin, Rossiter, and Ibe are probably as good as those previous 4. That's the thing, you can be pretty conservative in your assessment of who'll make it and still come up with 8 players in the space of 3 or 4 years. That's great progress from where we were.

That's pretty good by anyones standards.

It's unreasonable to expect to keep producing superstars but the academy should definitely be making money by sales or adding to players to the first team squad.

Or Sterling. The fact some of them played for the first team last season was more an indictment of how threadbare our squad was rather than ability. You wouldn't sit back and think wow this kid's got it as we did with Owen and Gerrard when they first broke through.
True

Yes, I think what you want is a system (via coaching, planning, recruitment, investment, etc) that more or less guarantees a couple of decent prospects per year, and then on average perhaps 1 in 10 of those will turn out to be really top class. Whereas before it seemed that while obviously our location and reputation meant that we still had the occasional Owen or Gerrard, just from the law of averages, there was no really reliable underlying system to ensure a continuous flow of useful squad players to compensate for when that luck ran out.

BOtqLIcCUAAjVT3.jpg
BOtnN_nCEAAZB9L.jpg

Wearing the no. 7 jersey previously worn by Leandro Bacuna before his move to Aston Villa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom