• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Air Jota

Status
Not open for further replies.

rurikbird

Part of the Furniture
Honorary Member

The 2nd stat is even more amazing than the first – when we bought him, there was absolutely no indication he was going to be some kind of 5'10 target-man, for Wolves he was just a winger. Then he signs for Liverpool and suddenly a whole new skill seems to appear. How is that possible?

Yesterday there was a header that just missed that impressed me more than the goal – he was sandwiched between 2 tall CBs, but managed to get his head on the ball and sent it on a looping trajectory that would have beaten the keeper had it not been just a little wide – impressive heading technique in addition to great timing and positioning. Klopp really has a knack for signing unorthodox, one-of-a-kind attackers...

Last edited:
He's bloody brilliant. Love the little fella. Had low expectations when he signed for us and thought we'd been done over on the transfer fee but he's such a clever footballer and a brilliant finisher. Kudos to Edwards and the scouting team, a perfect player that fits into Klopp's system.

I remember an interview with Klopp shortly after Jota got his chance and began to impress, in which Klopp said even he and the coaches had been pleasantly surprised. They obv.knew Jota was good already but they hadn't realised just how good. If I remember rightly he referred among other things to Jota's coolness and single-mindedness in the area, and that's what's impressed me most as well. He has a hit man's calm in finding opportunities and putting them away. Me likey.

Good thread, but think you missed a trick with Jotair

It's almost comical how this guy smaller than 6 ft keeps on finding space to score headers. Like a much more clinical Garcia
Craig Johnston - think he was about 5'10" and was ace in the air, used to just hang up there

This is now a Garcia thread. While yes, Jota is a more clinical finisher, Garcia was one of the best footballers in that side. In our side he'd be on the bench. If he weren't though, theoretically, he'd have quite a few goals. If you like scoring, its not awful playing for this side.

Oh, and klopp would fucking scream at him sometimes and make him cry. Bad klopp.

He's bloody brilliant. Love the little fella. Had low expectations when he signed for us and thought we'd been done over on the transfer fee but he's such a clever footballer and a brilliant finisher. Kudos to Edwards and the scouting team, a perfect player that fits into Klopp's system.
A whole lot better than Werner.

Possibly. At this point, though, we can only go by what we see. Chelsea bought a payer it has not idea how to use. Just, if seems to me, to one up on Liverpool.

If Garcia had Klopp hugs he'd have won multiple Ballon d'Ors

In my heart he's already won the Ballon d'awwww

Oc4aXXT-_400x400.jpg

Possibly. At this point, though, we can only go by what we see. Chelsea bought a payer it has not idea how to use. Just, if seems to me, to one up on Liverpool.
It's not that they don't know how to use him, it's just that he's turned into the worst finisher in the game. They've created plenty of goal scoring opportunities for him, and he's also created loads of his own, but he just doesn't know how to shoot the ball. Was he always that shite at shooting? Can confidence have this much of an effect on a player? I think he used to score quite a few goals prior to his move to Chelsea. He's a really weird case.

It's not that they don't know how to use him, it's just that he's turned into the worst finisher in the game. They've created plenty of goal scoring opportunities for him, and he's also created loads of his own, but he just doesn't know how to shoot the ball. Was he always that shite at shooting? Can confidence have this much of an effect on a player? I think he used to score quite a few goals prior to his move to Chelsea. He's a really weird case.

No, he was never this bad in front of goal before Chelsea – maybe not a natural finisher, but someone who would score a lot because he got on the end of a lot of chances and kept his shots low and hard and generally on target. It's crazy how his confidence as a finisher just plummeted since coming to England and so far hasn't recovered; he's routinely making the simple look complicated. Like you say, it's a weird and somewhat inexplicable case.

Yes, but when Garcia came in, Milan Baros was top scorer. He scored 11 in his first 20 games, which would make Salah cry. Baros then scored 2 in 24.

On the other hand, it wasn't all bad. Twitter hadn't even been founded yet.

Binny was still underlining though, probably. When he popped out he gave his mother a brief on what the doctor just said to her, just to cut through the shit.

Last edited:
Incredible header once again that was somehow saved by Schmeihel. Scored with his feet this time, but it’s the celebration in front of the away fans that was probably his most memorable highlight of the game:

Last edited:
Didn't they also cock block us so we couldn't sign Salah the first time? Like they bought him just so he wouldn't end up at a rival team. Like we're not sure we need you but we are sure that we don't want you signing for a rival.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom