• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Alex Pearce

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkmacca

6CM Addict
EXCLUSIVE: Get me the new Carra! Rodgers to raid his old club Reading for young defender Pearce

By RAJVIR RAI
PUBLISHED: 13:45, 7 November 2012 | UPDATED: 15:29, 7 November 2012
Brendan Rodgers wants to sign Reading defender Alex Pearce as a long-term replacement for Jamie Carragher.
Liverpool have had a bid for the 23-year-old rejected but are monitoring his contract situation.
Pearce – Reading’s Player of the Season last year – is out of contract in the summer. If no new deal is signed, Pearce would be available for a knockdown fee in January or for free next summer.

article-2229234-15E56ECC000005DC-724_634x419.jpg

Red alert: Liverpool are interested in signing Reading defender Alex Pearce

Sportsmail understands Pearce is unhappy with the terms Reading are offering and believes he has been benched for the last seven games as punishment for not agreeing to the deal on the table.
Pearce had not missed a minute of league football for Reading for more than a year before being dropped and his impressive start to life in the Premier League saw him make his Republic of Ireland debut in September.
He last played for Reading in the 1-0 defeat to West Brom in September and without him Brian McDermott’s side have shipped 18 goals.

article-2229234-15E4E158000005DC-422_634x710.jpg

Long term: Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers wants to find a successor to experienced star Jamie Carragher

His continued absence has raised speculation about his future and has put Liverpool on red-alert as Rodgers looks to bolster his squad in January.
Rodgers is an admirer of Pearce’s professionalism and promoted him to the role of Reading captain when he was in charge of the club in 2009.
It is also understood that Rodgers has doubts over the quality of the young centre-backs at Liverpool and believes Pearce is a better bet to replace Carragher, who at 34 is nearing the end of his Anfield career.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2229234/Liverpool-want-Alex-Pearce-replace-Jamie-Carragher.html#ixzz2BYGciVd4
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I can't believe he has doubts about the likes of Wisdom, Sama and others - they're a promising bunch.

We already have Coates who looks pretty promising.

I don't really see the point in signing another young CB who will waste away on the bench never improving.

If we need more cover we'd be better off picking up someone more experienced.

Interestingly (not very) I can't really judge him as an individual only in a partnership with Kasper Gorkks. I saw them play CB together many times and they were a formidable barrier (in the Championship). I was amazed that he hasn't really featured so far this season but now I know why. He seems quite pacy and is strong in the air but his main strength could be his reading (reading not Reading) of the game.

He could be a decent, cheap player to bring in IF Wisdom is now seen as a RB. That would give us Skrtel, Agger, Coates, Pearce and Carra as 5th choice/coaching team.

Plaer of the year in the championship?

If its for free then not alot wrong with it I guess.

Defender Alex Pearce, who scored on his Republic of Ireland debut in last September’s 4-1 friendly win over Oman, could yet join the exodus after Hammond revealed the club were yet to strike a deal with the player about a new deal.

He added: “We have been speaking to him with regards to his contract throughout the season. Unfortunately, up until this point we have not managed to find a deal which is mutually acceptable to both parties.

article-0-1A14EBFF000005DC-899_634x511.jpg

Liverpool have stepped up their pursuit of Reading defender Alex Pearce.

Pearce is out of contract in the summer and was last week seen with the club's managing director Ian Ayre in plush Mayfair hotspot Novikov – as our exclusive picture reveals.

The meeting fuels growing speculation that Pearce could be set for a reunion with former boss Brendan Rodgers.

Rodgers is an admirer of the 24-year-old from their time at Reading together and made Pearce his captain in 2009.

Liverpool signed Kolo Toure from Manchester City earlier this week but are still in the market for centre-backs with continued speculation over the future of Martin Skrtel and the retirement of Jaime Carragher.

Pearce’s age and the fact he will be able to move for free also fits the transfer policy of Liverpool’s owners Fenway Sports Group.

Reading have not given up hope of convincing Pearce to commit his future to the club, despite 12 months of unfruitful contract talks.

Manager Nigel Adkins told Pearce, in a one-on-one meeting before the end of the season, that he would like him to stay and be an integral part of the team that tries to win promotion back to the Premier League next season.

But Pearce is keeping his options open and still feels the latest offer on the table – believed to be around £20,000 a week – does not give him parity with the club’s top earners.

to be honest , i'd be more surprised by this signing than Toure . Who the fuck is this no-mark ?

Despite being an utter cunt, Ian Ayre still manges to earn more money per unit of his IQ than anyone else on the planet.

This would make perfect sense, he's got potential to be a very good defender and he's available on a freebie. If we offer him £40,000/week (£2m per year) and he doesn't fulfil his promise we would get at least £3m - £4m for him next summer from a Championship team - he has proved himself to be a very good defender at that level.

Replacement for Coates? Money from Coates + Skrtel's sale to go towards the new, top CB signing?

I thought Ilori would replace Coates
Pearce has potential, but I'm not sold on him.

As long as we get Papadopolous though, thats the most important thing

Dont think uninspiring will even cover it.
Better trust Pesam on this one and hope we still sign Papadopolous

Bah! I want sexy foreign stars not some cunt from Reading.

Toure and Alex Pearce - bargain basement stuff so far.

I'm looking to change my ways.
Support the team, means supporting the players as well.
So fuck it, Pearce will be a beast and so will Touré.
Alberto will be my new Alberto.
That Iago fella will score 15 goals next season.
Yes, yes Downing will get some love too.

We're going to the promised land next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom