• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Alfred Finnbogasson

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamstrung_pigeon

Well-Known
Anyone who watches a fair bit of the Eredivisie or any Icelander here got any opinion of this guy? Heerenveen's leading scorer this season with 6 goals in 4 league games. More importantly, I like the way he is involved in the goals, and his finishing.

His pass from deep and sprint to score the 2nd goal here for Lokeren (0:45s mark) is very impressive:

Good touch and composure to meg the keeper against Vitesse:

Good alertness and touch here on a one-on-one capitalizing on the Ajax keeper's mistake:

Neat exchange and backheel here at the 2:15 mark and cool penalty at the 7 min mark:

Mentioned him a few months ago when we played Iceland. Fantastic finisher and will move to a top club very soon.

Admittedly, the scenery looks nice but I can't think of any decent players other than Eidur Gudjohnsen. Who have I missed?

Fuck me. 6 goals in 4 games and we need to look at him ? I'm sure there are a 100 players out there with 6 in 4 at some time or another. A little premature no ?!

Same as this Cooper (Celtic) we are supposedly 1:8 ON to sign in January. Just because he's got 55 in 100 games for Celtic in the bloody SPL doesn't mean anything at all. It could just as well be the Blackpool Senior Citizens league as the SPL.

Admittedly, the scenery looks nice but I can't think of any decent players other than Eidur Gudjohnsen. Who have I missed?

Eidur's dad, Arnor Gudjohnsen, Asgeir Sigurvinsson, Eyjolfur Sverrisson, Petur Petursson, Gylfi Sigurdsson, Kolbeinn Sigthorsson, this guy studsup has mentioned. Many recognisable names who have played at the top level of English football such as Hreidarsson, Helguson, Gretar Steinsson, Brynjar Gunnarsson, Aron Gunnarsson, Ivar Ingimarsson, Gudni Bergsson, Eggert Jonsson, Arni Gautur Arason and dozens of talented players who have plied their trade around Scandinavia.

EDIT: Tom Brownsson aswell.

Eidur's dad, Arnor Gudjohnsen, Asgeir Sigurvinsson, Eyjolfur Sverrisson, Petur Petursson, Gylfi Sigurdsson, Kolbeinn Sigthorsson, this guy studsup has mentioned. Many recognisable names who have played at the top level of English football such as Hreidarsson, Helguson, Gretar Steinsson, Brynjar Gunnarsson, Aron Gunnarsson, Ivar Ingimarsson, Gudni Bergsson, Eggert Jonsson, Arni Gautur Arason and dozens of talented players who have plied their trade around Scandinavia.

Erm... the scenery looks nice.

Another two goals and an assist against Heracles (his team Heerenveen lost 3-6).

Cushioned header assist: 0:33 mark
First goal: 4:59 mark (well-timed run and sharp finish into the corner)
Missed : 5:50 mark (trailing man; sidefoot shot shot to corner but came off post)
Second goal: 6:05 mark (drifting into space between centrebacks, headed goal point-blank range)

Just scored again today in their 2-1 win. He's on a roll - that's 9 goals in 6 league games he's played, scoring in every game. He's on fire! I hope our scouts are following his development to see how he progresses through the season.

If we have scouts in the Netherlands I hope they are also looking at Wilfried Bony at Vitesse . Leading scorer in Eredivisie so far with 12 . Finbogasson has 9 .
We had him on trial a while back and did not take up the option .

Did they all play for Reading? Could never keep up with their 'sson's

Fuck me. 6 goals in 4 games and we need to look at him ? I'm sure there are a 100 players out there with 6 in 4 at some time or another. A little premature no ?!

Same as this Cooper (Celtic) we are supposedly 1:8 ON to sign in January. Just because he's got 55 in 100 games for Celtic in the bloody SPL doesn't mean anything at all. It could just as well be the Blackpool Senior Citizens league as the SPL.
1/8 on to sign Hooper? Where did you get that from Froggy? I'd be delighted if we could get him, I've rated him very highly since his Scunthorpe days.

1/8 on to sign Hooper? Where did you get that from Froggy? I'd be delighted if we could get him, I've rated him very highly since his Scunthorpe days.
Sorry can't remember now mate .... should have asked me about 2 mins after I posted it ;) However it was from a bookies list of odds being given on different players signing for different teams.

Few rumors floating round on Sunday about this. Nothing concrete, just chitter chatter.

Sorry can't remember now mate .... should have asked me about 2 mins after I posted it ;) However it was from a bookies list of odds being given on different players signing for different teams.
Fair enough, I hope he signs. If we can get him for £7m (one year left on his contract), Huntelaar for £8m and Zaha for £12m (all in January) it would be £27m very well spent and we would have the firepower to propel us towards a late challenge for 4th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom