• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Alisson's throws

Status
Not open for further replies.
When mignolet first came I couldn't get over how bad his distribution was, even in his later years Reina was solid in that respect, and his long balls were great. But through the years I just kind of accepted that a keeper would just give it to someone immediately next to them, or blunderbuss it nowhere in particular. Mignolet wasnt even good at that. Kicks for throwins, dangerously low kicks. I don't think karius threw much at all, but it's hard to say because he'd need to have posession of the ball.

When mignolet first came I couldn't get over how bad his distribution was, even in his later years Reina was solid in that respect, and his long balls were great. But through the years I just kind of accepted that a keeper would just give it to someone immediately next to them, or blunderbuss it nowhere in particular. Mignolet wasnt even good at that. Kicks for throwins, dangerously low kicks. I don't think karius threw much at all, but it's hard to say because he'd need to have posession of the ball.
We had a brilliant distributer in Reina, then didn’t have normal ones in Karius and Ming - they were absolutely god awful at distributing the ball. So a bit of a shock to the system to have someone at Reina-like level.
It’s absolutely a great weapon. The moment the dickhead keepers used to get the ball, the opposition only had to worry about man marking our CBs and deep lying midfielder, with a big guy at the back standing beside the CF for long balls. So we were under big pressure straight away. Now, it’s back to the Reina days. They want to mark the same guys at the back, but then a throw to the left or right back making a run can catch them off guard, so putting guys there opens up the midfield, etc etc. It doesn’t just benefit us in creating chances very quickly but also in general play. Love it.

Its epic and works well with wing backs who want to be receiving the ball in such a situation and get on the front foot.

Reina was great at first but then like most parts of his game it got worse the longer he stayed. Alisons distribution is better than Reina at his best

Nah I'm not having that. Reina was fucking class. We let him go too early. As others has said his distribution was outstanding. Have to say though - I totally would rim the fucking hoop off Alisson - I love the beardy bastard. :p

Nah I'm not having that. Reina was fucking class. We let him go too early. As others has said his distribution was outstanding. Have to say though - I totally would rim the fucking hoop off Alisson - I love the beardy bastard. :p

Let Reina go too early?? hahahaha. The cunt gave up in his last season or two with us.

We let him go at least a season too late, he was totally disinterested and about a stone overweight by the time he moved on. In his primes a great keeper no arguments, but Alisons distribution is on another level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom