• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

And that's why having a Worldy in your side...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also shows how much it means to have a proper team mentality, being organized and having some fucking guts.

Everything England werent.

Wales plays as a team and have a world class player that work his socks off, Bale.

Allen is a candidate for the best player in the Euros. Who would have even thought that before the championship? They have the best defender, Williams.

Heart and soul, heart and soul, more important than skill and flair.

What a performance. Stop the England comparisons this is Wales' night.

What a demonstration of how a team can be stronger than the sum of its parts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Ramsey wasn't suspended, I would have them favorites against Portugal. But as things stand, I think it's going to be very even and will probably go to extra time and possibly penalties. I'll be rooting for Wales, no doubt.

Strange comment, Wales have done well because they are a "team" with a manager who gets the best out of them and uses them to their strengths.

It's not like Bale has carried them.
Much like our title run in a few years back..

A squad full of arguably average players that found another level...

Belief and confidence...

Did we win with that belief and confidence?

no but it was a darn good ride, never would of been possible without that superb player in the side that. .

much like Wales.. A great team due to belief given to them by having that excellence in the side

It great to see what so many regard average players rise to the occasion

Last edited:
no but it was a darn good ride, never would of been possible without that superb player in the side that. .

much like Wales.. A great team due to belief given to them by having that excellence in the side

It great to see whay so many regard average players rise to the occasion

The trophy is more important otherwise you might as well celebrate 4th

Totally made up for them - fantastic performance by every Welshman in that team. Regarding the worldy comment - I think having one kind of makes the opposing side a bit wary in terms of trying to restrict that individual's movement - and you could see them trying converge on him whenever the ball was given to him and by his very presence it gives the other players more space. But overall the thing they get right along with the team spirit is the organisation and sticking to their game plan. They really did pass the ball well in that first half after they went a goal down and you could have mistaken them for a top ranked team in the world - that's how good they were. When they were passing the ball - each player had options to pass to someone who was running into space - this is something that England were exceptionally poor at. For long periods in the first half Belgium were defending with 10 men and they still found a way to score. It was a lesson in good football tactics.

If they can overcome Portugal and should it be Italy in the final - I really think they can win it - not that Italy is a bad team but they are beatable by that Welsh side, but to face Germany or France on home soil is going to be difficult. This is not to diss-respect to Italy - who I think can go all the way too and they are capable of beating Germany/France but in a strange kind of way will find Wales difficult.

Honestly completely made up for Wales - and in the year of Muhammad Ali's death - the way they performed was like the way Ali performed in the Rumble in the Jungle against Foreman. They took a punch - and hit back with an equalizer like Ali's punch in the 4th round, and then they stuck to the ropes and gave Belgium the two sucker punches - with the third goal being the knock-out punch and what a header !!!! AWESOME !!!

If Ramsey wasn't suspended, I would have them favorites against Portugal. But as things stand, I think it's going to be very even and will probably go to extra time and possibly penalties. I'll be rooting for Wales, no doubt.
I have no love for Wales (despite parents living there for the past 25 years - or maybe because of) but it's harsh having Yellows carry over for semis/finals. You want to see the best players in those matches and they really need to come up with a system which ensures that - bar Red Cards. Ramsey will be a huge miss for Wales, he's had an excellent tournament and been as much (or more) of an influence on the team as Bale, this swings the scales strongly in Portugal's favour. I'd prefer both to lose and the winner of the other semi take the title by default, however forced to choose I'd take Wales over those cheating, diving Portuguese twats any day.

Much like our title run in a few years back..

A squad full of arguably average players that found another level...

Belief and confidence...

It wasn't a squad full of arguably average players at all. How did I guess the crux of your point would be to (once again) play down Rodgers' role in that title challenge? Can you make any fucking point without getting a dig in at Rodgers?

It was a team that contained:

Coutinho
Sturridge
Suarez
Sterling
Henderson (fit and at his best)
Gerrard

That's more than half the team who were anything but average. And the rest weren't exactly plodders either (Johnson, Toure, Skrtel & Agger, were all much sought after players at various stages of their careers). We had a poor defense but it wasn't a terrible/average side. Joe Allen has been one of the best players at the Euro's and he played his part that season, Flanagan was in brilliant form too before that terrible injury.

But yeah, Suarez carried us.

It wasn't a squad full of arguably average players at all. How did I guess the crux of your point would be to (once again) play down Rodgers' role in that title challenge? Can you make any fucking point without getting a dig in at Rodgers?

It was a team that contained:

Coutinho
Sturridge
Suarez
Sterling
Henderson (fit and at his best)
Gerrard

That's more than half the team who were anything but average. And the rest weren't exactly plodders either (Johnson, Toure, Skrtel & Agger, were all much sought after players at various stages of their careers). We had a poor defense but it wasn't a terrible/average side. Joe Allen has been one of the best players at the Euro's and he played his part that season, Flanagan was in brilliant form too before that terrible injury.

But yeah, Suarez carried us.
er no I wasn't dissing Rodgers at all... Im not getting embroiled it that debate again.. its been done to death on here..

Im saying how much differance having a Worldy in the side does for the Team, and how it can lift other players around them... Bales performances in qualifying and the group Stages have helped build their momentum...

Wales have a squad full of what anyone would regard as average players... Its amazing to see them doing so well... They have found another Level...

They have gained momentum filled with Confidence and Belief...

Coleman has to take credit for where Wales are now, but much like ourselves a few years back with Suarez... without that key player in Bale, it would certainly of been a different Story...

I would love to see them make the Final, makes for a terrific story...

As for us... It has been evident the loss of Suarez and the initial failure to replace him appropriately set us back, but since Klopp has arrived, you could say some progress has been made..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom