• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Annie Road

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only been once, but behind Anfield road is just Stanley park right?

Whats stopping the club from getting permission to move the road back, into the park, by 70 feet or so?

When potential match day income is almost double by increasing capacity to 80k, the investment would be worth it on the long run.
Elevated platforms and underground tunnels for traffic access, it should be possible, engineering wise.
Match day income is actually an exceptionally small proportion of a top clubs income, hence the focus on corporate boxes & non match day revenue streams, to make it financially viable to spend vast amounts redeveloping stands you need to ensure more than just bums on seats for the match, sad as that reality is.

Match day income is actually an exceptionally small proportion of a top clubs income, hence the focus on corporate boxes & non match day revenue streams, to make it financially viable to spend vast amounts redeveloping stands you need to ensure more than just bums on seats for the match, sad as that reality is.
No it isn’t.

No it isn’t.

I imagine FFF is means match day excluding corporate (hence mentioning corporate boxes).

Whilst it’s still small, we’re behind a host of others. Its also worth looking at the leverage more corporate facilities gives in wider commercial negotiations e.g. throwing in a 3 year box deal for out next official hot chocolate supplier.

Good breakdown of it here:

https://www2.deloitte.com/content/d...ss/gx-deloitte-football-money-league-2019.pdf

I’m also a big believer in the impact investing in atmosphere has on the rest i.e. more people, better ways to create atmosphere, not ripping off fans etc -> better performance on pitch -> better ability to attract commercial partners

I imagine FFF is means match day excluding corporate (hence mentioning corporate boxes).

Whilst it’s still small, we’re behind a host of others. Its also worth looking at the leverage more corporate facilities gives in wider commercial negotiations e.g. throwing in a 3 year box deal for out next official hot chocolate supplier.

Good breakdown of it here:

https://www2.deloitte.com/content/d...ss/gx-deloitte-football-money-league-2019.pdf

I’m also a big believer in the impact investing in atmosphere has on the rest i.e. more people, better ways to create atmosphere, not ripping off fans etc -> better performance on pitch -> better ability to attract commercial partners
Yeah, I should have been more specific when writing that post, but glad at least someone got the gist.

Oh la di dah.
Look - if the average ticket price is £50 then a single match brings in £3,2m. Then there’s concessions, other shop sales etc. That s an unknowable value but let’s imagine it’s 50% of ticket Revenue. So total about £5m per match. 18 games a season that’s £90million - that’s not including corporate boxes etc. so let’s say another £10m to cover that piece. It’s napkin maths but £100m isn’t a small piece of revenue.

I actually saw Balloteli score a league goal for us while seated in Annie Rd. That so rare and unique moment that if I was able to frame it it would earn me a fortune.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom