• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Asking for help - Liverpool FC food & beverage prices for the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick Casey

6CM Follower
Dear SixCrazyMinutes forum and Liverpool fans,

My name is Patrick and I'm a university student, currently working on my thesis, where I analyze the cost of football for fans in the Premier League and how it changed in the last 5 years. As part of my research, I'm also collecting food & beverage prices from the current season in the following categories:

Pint of beer (cheapest category)
Pint of cider (cheapest category)
Mineral water (0,5 l)
Soft drink (0,5 l)
Tea
Pie
Hot food - burger or hot dog
Crisps (one bag)

I have contacted the clubs themselves and while I received some answers, unfortunately Liverpool was not one of them. It would be much appreciated if you could help.

Kind regards,

Patrick

When I get the odd tickets me and my mates just get a load of ale from the offy m and drink them outside the ground before going in.

I never go on corporate, so I should have had a clue. However I just can't remember. The lines for having a shitty hotdog or pie are just too long for 15 mins break. Luckily they serve som beer from guys walking around with a tank on their back, but I don't remember how much I paid for that last time. Probably 4£.

When I was a season ticket holder I think it was 50p for a cup of tea, and £1.80 for a pint. Never went near the pies I'm afraid, preferred to pick up a bag of chips from the most efficient chippy in the world opposite the Kop

My name is Patrick and I'm a university student, currently working on my thesis, where I analyze the cost of football for fans in the Premier League and how it changed in the last 5 years. As part of my research, I'm also collecting food & beverage prices from the current season in the following categories:

Mineral water (0,5 l)
Soft drink (0,5 l)
Tea
Pie
Crisps (one bag)

I have contacted the clubs themselves and while I received some answers, unfortunately Liverpool was not one of them. It would be much appreciated if you could help.

Kind regards,

Patrick

I know its around £4.20 for a bottle of Carlsberg. Thats pretty much all I ever get in there. Ive had a Scouse Pie a few years back and I think that was about £3.50.

Not sure on any of the others. If you can wait till Sunday then I'll get a photo of the full price list and pop it up here.

The last match I went to a guy we know left at half time and came back a short time later with a carrier bag filled with cold tins of beer.

This was in Greece, mind. I don't know if you get away with that behaviour at Premier League grounds.

When I was a season ticket holder I think it was 50p for a cup of tea, and £1.80 for a pint. Never went near the pies I'm afraid, preferred to pick up a bag of chips from the most efficient chippy in the world opposite the Kop
Ha ha great chippy it is.

Mineral water (0,5 l)
Soft drink (0,5 l)
Tea
Pie
Crisps (one bag)

Kind regards,
Pint of beer (cheapest category) £3.90
Pint of cider (cheapest category). £3.90
Mineral water (0,5 l) £2
Soft drink (0,5 l) £2
Tea £2
Pie £4
Hot food - burger or hot dog Burger £4
Crisps (one bag) 90p

Pint of beer (cheapest category) £3.90
Pint of cider (cheapest category). £3.90
Mineral water (0,5 l) £2
Soft drink (0,5 l) £2
Tea £2
Pie £4
Hot food - burger or hot dog Burger £4
Crisps (one bag) 90p

Thank God you put the qualifying "one bag" in brackets next to your crisp pricing.

He might have thought it was "100 bags" or "as many bags as you can eat" or maybe "the largest bag of crisps ever made" for 90p, which would ruin his thesis and probably his entire future career at Subway.

Thank God you put the qualifying "one bag" in brackets next to your crisp pricing.

He might have thought it was "100 bags" or "as many bags as you can eat" or maybe "the largest bag of crisps ever made" for 90p, which would ruin his thesis and probably his entire future career at Subway.
Haha

But in fairness, he was only responding to the exact list the OP posted

Don't know why you think 90p for a bag of crisp is out of the ordinary? Go anywhere where there is a closed market, you pay a premium for stuff.
Hospitals charge 90p for crisps from vending machines.

Don't know why you think 90p for a bag of crisp is out of the ordinary? Go anywhere where there is a closed market, you pay a premium for stuff.
Hospitals charge 90p for crisps from vending machines.

This very interesting bluebellend, please expound on your "closed market crisp price" hypothesis in detail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom