• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Aston Villa v Liverpool Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's bottled those two calls. They spent ages trying to prove Firmino was off. I agree he's not biased, just shit.
He is a Utd fan and has been punished for helping them before. Both Liverpool and City fail to win at a much higher % when he is the ref. How can you guys not think he is biased?

Why are you ignoring the obvious ?

Mane literally tried to cheat , the referee didn't see his foot getting trod on or whatever he saw mane chasing a ball and leaving his standing leg, it's clear as day a dive

You and others on here would be frothing if villa got a penalty for that
I'm not arsed about Moss mate. He can't see it. VAR can, & reviewed it, yet didn't rescind the yellow or give the pen. Which is madness.

Because it wasn't a clear and obvious cunting error

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Of course it fucking was. He gave him a yellow for simulation. He didn't simulate a foul, cos there was an actual foul. You don't get much more clear & obvious.

If a foul is missed then it's a clear and obvious error.
No because mane looked like he was diving to every cunt and his dog

Look VAR is clearly far from perfect but please understand how they operate before starting what they should when it's beyond the limitations imposed on them / the referees

He is a Utd fan and has been punished for helping them before. Both Liverpool and City fail to win at a much higher % when he is the ref. How can you guys not think he is biased?

No, he isn't. He's a Yorkie from Bradford and supports Leeds Utd, and you'll find numerous supporters of other clubs who reckon (probably rightly) they've suffered from his incompetence.

No, he isn't. He's a Yorkie from Bradford and supports Leeds Utd, and you'll find numerous supporters of other clubs who reckon (probably rightly) they've suffered from his incompetence.
Yeah, he's not biased. I find it hard to believe any ref is biased.

I do believe many refs are quite shit, & are swayed by home crowds, however, & he falls very much into that category.

Punished for helping them?
In September 2010, Atkinson was handed a one-week demotion to the role of fourth official after a time-keeping dispute with Everton manager David Moyes. Everton had scored two injury-time goals to make the score 3–3 against Manchester United, but Atkinson then blew his final whistle while Everton were midway through an attack with a chance of a winner.

No because mane looked like he was diving to every cunt and his dog

Look VAR is clearly far from perfect but please understand how they operate before starting what they should when it's beyond the limitations imposed on them / the referees

He looked like he was diving and then VAR showed that he wasn't but didn't overrule it. That makes it a clear and obvious error because he was fouled.

In September 2010, Atkinson was handed a one-week demotion to the role of fourth official after a time-keeping dispute with Everton manager David Moyes. Everton had scored two injury-time goals to make the score 3–3 against Manchester United, but Atkinson then blew his final whistle while Everton were midway through an attack with a chance of a winner.

Didn't know that

I think referees are purposely trying to make VAR controversial in an attempt to get rid of it. It’s the only thing I can think of. There is literally NOTHING wrong with VAR. The problem is the fucking idiot officials that are in charge of it, ignoring the facts.

Firmino was onside. Clearly. That’s a fucking disgrace of a decision from Atkinson.

And mane was clearly fouled. Yes, it can be viewed as “soft”, and yes, he did go down easily. But it was a fucking foul all day long. If you can’t see that, you don’t understand the rules of the game.

Oh, the “clear and obvious error” thing is complete bollocks. An error is an error. If it can be spotted via VAR, it should be corrected. Surely it’s better to have less errors in the game?

To ignore the refereeing for a bit... Klopp has made a bad decision to play Lallana there after being part of conceding 5 goals... Gini should have started there or we should have changed formation. Hopefully we turn this around.

VAR doesn’t eliminate user error, it’s fucking retarded. At least before you could blame the referee for being a mong and missing something, now they get to watch it on a monitor, with 100 different angles but still get it wrong.

Effectively making the referee VARs assistant is the only way that issue can be fixed

There is literally NOTHING wrong with VAR. The problem is the fucking idiot officials that are in charge of it, ignoring the facts.

Apart from the fact that the only place the system works is the world cup, cos its the only place they use ultra fast frame rate cameras you mean?

Everywhere else they have to use broadcast cameras, which are 50fps, so the margin for error is a huge 38.8cms (that's 14 inches for old people & Americans).

See why here:

https://www.givemesport.com/1498162...an-not-every-offside-decision-will-be-correct

Oh, the “clear and obvious error” thing is complete bollocks. An error is an error. If it can be spotted via VAR, it should be corrected. Surely it’s better to have less errors in the game?

You'd think so, wouldn't you, but the FA have this fetish about "not re-refereeing the game". It's why they wouldn't reverse clear errors over yellow cards even before VAR came along if the referee confirmed he saw the incident.

Var seems a red herring. Aston Villa are doing what every team tries to do against us.

Meanwhile, our attack looks off the boil,o midfield looks wonky, and strange things are happening like vvd making heavy touches.

But we are winning only works if we are winning.

Var seems a red herring. Aston Villa are doing what every team tries to do against us.

Meanwhile, our attack looks off the boil,o midfield looks wonky, and strange things are happening like vvd making heavy touches.
Yep. We've still had enough chances to be in the lead though, & I've no doubt we will second half. Just have to take them.

Apart from the fact that the only place the system works is the world cup, cos its the only place they use ultra fast frame rate cameras you mean?

Everywhere else they have to use broadcast cameras, which are 50fps, so the margin for error is a huge 38.8cms (that's 14 inches for old people & Americans).

See why here:

https://www.givemesport.com/1498162...an-not-every-offside-decision-will-be-correct

That’s getting too technical for me. But I can see the replay clearly on my own big standard 1080 TV. There’s no reason why that cunt Atkinson can’t see it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom