• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Aussie Rules

6TimesaRed

Not a Bot....
Administrator
Just watching this on BT Sports.. Someone please explain the rules.

It seems a bit of a free for all. First to kick it between the posts. It looks proper fun though..

What's with the round pitch. ??

What's the massive square on the pitch in the centre??

Why Four Posts

Why is there no net, and no crossbar?

You can throw forwards as well as backwards..

You can only kick forwards?

What constitutes a foul? It seems anything goes..

I think eye gouging is the only thing that constitutes a foul.

If your team mate kicks it over a certain distance and you catch it without it bouncing then it's called a mark and you get a free kick. That's the only rule I know.

Do you ever see the guys jumping on an opposing player's shoulders to catch the ball?

I have lived in in Australia on and off for the past ten years, my wife is Australian.

I got into Aussie rules pretty quickly over there. It's so accessible and easy to follow. I love how much it's on during the weekend. Literally 3 or 4 games on free tv. I rarely watched a whole game but it's greats to watch a quarter here or there.

In terms of rules, only takes a game or so to get past the basics. I reckon it's quite a simple game. Kick it between the goals you get 6 points, either side a point. You need to kick or bounce the ball every 10 metres or so. If you kick a ball over ten metres and it is caught by your team mate (marked), they get a free kick. You can't hold onto the ball when getting tackled. Think that's about it!

Back
Top Bottom