• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Aussies Battered By NZ

Fucking ecstatic that Australia lost - even though I am Australian.

The Australian rugby media - came out with their 'soccer' bashing article bullshit once again last week when Adelaide United lost 5-0 on aggregate in the Asian Champions League Final to Gamba Osaka.

Well all 'soccer' fans are now rejoicing Australia's loss in the final.

Anyways, the tournament itself is a joke.

You got people playing for one country, having played for another country in the past.

This live commentary from one game sums it all up.

Australia vs. Fiji

46th minute: Jarryd Hayne showing glimpses of the Hayne fans would remember in Australia jerseys not long ago.

Hayne's performances for Fiji in the World Cup may well have marked his re-emergence as an Australia prospect once again.

Hayne has played for Australia... didn't make the squad... plays for Fiji... and his performances for Fiji puts him in line for a recall to the Aussie side.

Rugby League, a joke.

[quote author=SummerOnions link=topic=28965.msg731804#msg731804 date=1227457343]
Rugby League at club level is awesome in England
[/quote]

For sure, I watch Super League.

The pace and atmosphere at those games is 100x better than any RL game here in Australia.

I was just talking about the World Cup being a joke.

rugby league is not all bout pace .skill factor is ten times better in the NRL.and its not all about two teams most years(as was proved by our woeful performance with one win against PNG

[quote author=Ant link=topic=28965.msg733231#msg733231 date=1227574079]
rugby league is not all bout pace .skill factor is ten times better in the NRL.and its not all about two teams most years(as was proved by our woeful performance with one win against PNG
[/quote]

Well any side can come up with a one-off good performance.

Ireland beat Pakistan in the cricket world cup .....

The fact is... its pretty much Australia, New Zealand ... and England can challenge both for about 45 mins.

Although I can see England developing a lot off the back of the Super League... even if that's the case.. a world cup where only 3 teams have any chance of winning the competition is a complete joke.

[quote author=Roopy link=topic=28965.msg733434#msg733434 date=1227615753]
[quote author=Ant link=topic=28965.msg733231#msg733231 date=1227574079]
[/quote]

Well any side can come up with a one-off good performance.

Ireland beat Pakistan in the cricket world cup .....

The fact is... its pretty much Australia, New Zealand ... and England can challenge both for about 45 mins.

dont get me wrong roopy ,i agree the international game at this level is sparce of competition, unfortunatly it comes second best to union though i find it more entertaining.not having a world cup in 8 years does not help to promote the game world wide . just look at the likes of argentina and italy proves rugby can expand to the lesser nations.The same goes for NRL it needs to expand away from the east coast to be recognised

Although I can see England developing a lot off the back of the Super League... even if that's the case.. a world cup where only 3 teams have any chance of winning the competition is a complete joke.

[/quote]

The same goes for NRL it needs to expand away from the east coast to be recognised

The amazing this with NRL is that are so xenophobic towards the sport.

They absolutely hate it when players leave for the Rugby Union, or when players go to Super League.

They are like condemned to hell by the NRL officials.

If an Aussie moves to England - he is not eligible for State Of Origin and has next to no chance of playing for Australia.

An organisation that works like this has no chance of expansion.

Rubgy Union on the other hand has history in countries like Italy and Argentina ... it even has history in USA.

Che Guevarra grew up playing Rugby Union in Argentina.

Union grew because it had influence in these countries, Rugby League doesn't - and even if it tries, it won't succeed.

Back
Top Bottom