• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Ayre reveals transfer budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkmacca

6CM Addict
ayre_and_rodgers_500.jpg

AYRE: £120! It's all yours, Brendan!
RODGERS: I feel sick.
AYRE: Who said we couldn't have our cake and eat it?

How come Ayre has now become the villain in the board room?

I must have missed the memo.

Because only last season everyone was happy with him for signing the Warrior and Standard Chartered deal. Which were pretty lucrative especially considering what we were doing on the field...

Now he has also become an untrustworthy snake?

No, I don't think that's true. I think some people are questioning the broader role he seems to have landed. Negotiate deals, no problem.

I think he (necessarily, due to the lay offs) is much more visible than he used to be. And less is more.

He's very good at negotiating deals. He's hopeless dealing with the media and he's hopeless dealing with issues beyond the basic commercial perameters within which he used to work. So far he's managed to alienate the other clubs in the Premiership with his 'go it alone' comments, completely cocked-up the Suarez affair, make the fairly simple manager search sound like a Game of Thrones saga and depict the new set-up as some kind of mysterious sparkly cloud last seen in the first series of Star Trek. He needs an office with 'Commercial Manager' on the door, and he needs to go inside and stay there.

I'm afraid not, no. I only heard they're genuinely grateful for him being there in situ at a chaotic time and they trust him, but how that fits with their ruthless evaluation of everyone else's performance leaves me mystified.

If someone else comes in as GM, then Ayre can be moved over to the commercial side. That would be best for both him and the club.

Apparently there was a great put-down after last Friday's televised conference when Ayre was waffling away to journalists. He said, 'We envisage something new and exciting - an informal community of experts, a sort of circle of advisors around the manager for him to use whenever he pleases'. And some hack said, 'In other words, just like the Boot Room'. Ayre just had the dazed look of someone who hadn't thought of such a thing before.

Apparently there was a great put-down after last Friday's televised conference when Ayre was waffling away to journalists. He said, 'We envisage something new and exciting - an informal community of experts, a sort of circle of advisors around the manager for him to use whenever he pleases'. And some hack said, 'In other words, just like the Boot Room'. Ayre just had the dazed look of someone who hadn't thought of such a thing before.

Hahaha. I'm guessing that will have been an Echo reporter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom