• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

BBC Win Crickets right back!

Red Astaire

Member Of 'The Toilets At The Harry Fan Club..
I'm very chuffed with this news. The tests will still be shown on Sky but 100 plus hours of summer cricket fun will be shown from 2020 for 5 years. Mostly T20 and One Days and highlights of all the others but still. The cricket back at the BBC is a brilliant thing. :)

It will be worth it just to hear this again.

Brings back happy youthful memories

I'll always remember him when he used to commentate at old Trafford talking about the trams passing by or some cabbage butterfly that's floated past the commentary booth

Him getting dive bombed by the pigeons was a classic but there is so much more. I'll miss his tones dearly :-(

Him getting dive bombed by the pigeons was a classic but there is so much more. I'll miss his tones dearly :-(

Me too. He has been a big part of the magic of TMS, with his distinctively plummiest of voices, but also the general warmth and the geniality of the man.

It will be worth it just to hear this again.

Brings back happy youthful memories

I used to love coming down in the morning on summer holidays on the Thursday of a test match (for the youngsters, they always used to start on Thursday), and settling in for a day of cricket viewing. My wife does not understand the absolute contentment such a prospect would generate.

Great news. I do like skys coverage but this just feels right.

Back
Top Bottom