• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Best/Favorite NBA starting 5

LeTallecWiz

Doos
Honorary Member
Make up your best NBA team and then your favorite starting line up

Best:
PG: Magic
SG: Jordan
SF: Bird
PF: Malone
C: Wilt the Stilt

Favorite:

PG: Stockton (I hated him when he played but damn, what a passer)
SG: Jordan (No explanation needed)
SF: Grant Hill (before his injury obviously)
PF: Dirk (No explanation needed)
C: Hakeem The Dream

Best

PF: Duncan
C:Wilt

Favourite

PG: Magic (Showtime!)
SG: Majerle (I admire Kobe but he's not my all time fave SG)
SF: Battier (One of the most underrated players I've seen, I wish Lakers could get him)
PF: Gasol (No explanation needed)
C: Shaq (I loved watching him at his peak)

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=31326.msg804700#msg804700 date=1234681931]
Make up your best NBA team and then your favorite starting line up

Best:
C: Wilt the Stilt

Favorite:

PG: Stockton (I hated him when he played but damn, what a passer)
SG: Jordan (No explanation needed)
SF: Grant Hill (before his injury obviously)
PF: Dirk (No explanation needed)
C: Hakeem The Dream
[/quote]

Pretty hard to argue with that best list...Maybe Oscar instead of Magic at PG.

My Favourite list would be

PG: Payton
SF: Hill (as you say, before his injury he was unbelievably good)
C: Hakeem

pretty similar to you LT. It was a toss up between Payton and T. Hardaway for me at PG. Both were awesome to watch, but Payton was just a bit better.

At SF there were loads of options, Sprewell was a fave of mine when he was at GS, but he lost a bit of cred at NY. Barkley could have slotted in here too. Beast of a player. Pippen was also shit hot. But Grant Hill at Detroit was just crazy good, Jordan like almost. He could get to the rack at will and finish with aplomb.

I fucking hate modern basketball......

The media over here are having a giant circle jerk, celebrating the fact that LeBron James has gone something like 28 points, 9 rebounds, 6 assists or something in that range over the last 30 games or so, the best over that long of a span across the three categories in something like 15 years or whatever.

Fuck that.

Bird was 24 or so, 10 boards and fucking 7 asisists for his whole GD career.

People outside of the US actually watch Basketball?

I actually went to see the local team play a while back. Fucking gash.

Can't believe Scottie Pippen hasn't been mentioned. Most under-rated player in the history of the NBA.

And how bout the legendary Kareem Abdul 'The Hook' Jaabar ??

And no Kobe Bryant ?!

And anyone who chooses Shaq over the likes of Chamberlain, Kareem and Malone is clearly a tool whose head's the size of a basketball and full of air.

And I haven't even mentioned the oldies like Bill Russell - arguably the best defensive player in the history of the NBA. Shaq can eat humble shit when Bill slaps his face before he even realizes it.

My favs were the ones with most skillz.....players such as Reggie Miller, Hardaway, Kevin 'fucking 5ft 6 but can slam dunk' Johnson, Kidd, and many more.

But my all-time fav has to be Larry Bird. I just love a player who can hit those 3 pointers effortlessly.

I didn't really fancy Jordan for some strange reason. I've always argued that Bird was better than Jordan. Don't ask me why.

[quote author=Roger REDerer link=topic=31326.msg815015#msg815015 date=1235926031]
Can't believe Scottie Pippen hasn't been mentioned. Most under-rated player in the history of the NBA.

And no Kobe Bryant ?!

And anyone who chooses Shaq over the likes of Chamberlain, Kareem and Malone is clearly a tool whose head's the size of a basketball and full of air.

And I haven't even mentioned the oldies like Bill Russell - arguably the best defensive player in the history of the NBA. Shaq can eat humble shit when Bill slaps his face before he even realizes it.

My favs were the ones with most skillz.....players such as Reggie Miller, Hardaway, Kevin 'fucking 5ft 6 but can slam dunk' Johnson, Kidd, and many more.

But my all-time fav has to be Larry Bird. I just love a player who can hit those 3 pointers effortlessly.

I didn't really fancy Jordan for some strange reason. I've always argued that Bird was better than Jordan. Don't ask me why.[/quote]

Pippen is one of the most underrated players in NBA history - but he's a SF and there was no way I was going with him over Bird.

Kareem's shot was the 'Sky hook' and again, I think Wilt & Russell were better than him. The debate becomes how Shaq & Duncan (if you count him as a center) fits into it.

Bryant? Over Jordan? Come on.

Kevin Johnson, whom I met, is not 5'7" - I think you may be thinking of Spud Webb (Mugsy could dunk a volley ball) - he's 6'1", and yes, he was also a very good PG ... That Suns team with Marleje, Chuck & him was a player short of the ring.

[quote author=Fowler 23 link=topic=31326.msg813366#msg813366 date=1235789883]
I fucking hate modern basketball......

The media over here are having a giant circle jerk, celebrating the fact that LeBron James has gone something like 28 points, 9 rebounds, 6 assists or something in that range over the last 30 games or so, the best over that long of a span across the three categories in something like 15 years or whatever.

Fuck that.

Bird was 24 or so, 10 boards and fucking 7 asisists for his whole GD career.
[/quote]

Lebron James is awesome, whether you like it or not.

He's still disgustingly young too and if he maintains his progress, he has a v strong chance to surpass the likes of Magic and possibly, Jordan.

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=31326.msg815018#msg815018 date=1235926249]
[quote author=Roger REDerer link=topic=31326.msg815015#msg815015 date=1235926031]

And no Kobe Bryant ?!

I didn't really fancy Jordan for some strange reason. I've always argued that Bird was better than Jordan. Don't ask me why.[/quote]

Pippen is one of the most underrated players in NBA history - but he's a SF and there was no way I was going with him over Bird.

Kareem's shot was the 'Sky hook' and again, I think Wilt & Russell were better than him. The debate becomes how Shaq & Duncan (if you count him as a center) fits into it.

Kevin Johnson, whom I met, is not 5'7" - I think you may be thinking of Spud Webb (Mugsy could dunk a volley ball) - he's 6'1", and yes, he was also a very good PG ... That Suns team with Marleje, Chuck & him was a player short of the ring.
[/quote]

Shaq is the worst centre I've ever seen played the game.

The only reason he's raked up all those stats and MVPs is cos I ain't in the same court with him. I'd knock the fuck out of the lumbering clown.

I don't follow much basketball, but here's my favourites from the little bit of it I've seen.

PG - Magic Johnson
SG - Michael Jordan
C - Shaq
SF - LeBron James
PF - Tim Duncan

And no Kobe Bryant ?!

I didn't really fancy Jordan for some strange reason. I've always argued that Bird was better than Jordan. Don't ask me why.

[/quote]

err Reggie Miller was not a skillful basketballer, he could just shoot the lights out.

Shaq was/is a beast man. Unstoppable in the lane.

[quote author=Roger REDerer link=topic=31326.msg815025#msg815025 date=1235926748]
[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=31326.msg815018#msg815018 date=1235926249]

And no Kobe Bryant ?!

[/quote]

Shaq is the worst centre I've ever seen played the game.

The only reason he's raked up all those stats and MVPs is cos I ain't in the same court with him. I'd knock the fuck out of the lumbering clown.

[/quote]

Shaq would fucking eat you for breakfast, shit you out, and then scramble you in an omelet. The reason he has scored so many points and won MVP's and titles, is because he is a fucking beast, and offensively unstoppable when fit. FFS he's about 40 and still dropping 20 points a game. Give the Diesel some credit. You dont win what he has by being the worst center in the game. iTS THE MOST IMPORTANT SPOT ON THE FLOOR

Back
Top Bottom