• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll big andy carroll

Prefix for Poll Threads

will big andy carroll ever get in the first team?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In a desperate attempt to put things into perspective...

Fabio Capello - he may be struggling with England (who doesn't !?) but he's still arguably one of the all-time great managers. He's won every league title with every club he's managed throughout his career. He's also managed many great players, legends even, during his time.

So if Fabio says Carroll is a talent and rates him, then you'll have to listen and take him for his word. And if he says Carroll's attitude is what's holding him back from fulfilling his full potential, then perhaps there's some truth in it.

That's just Fabio. Haven't even started with Kenny and other well-respected managers of the game yet.

Let's just give the young lad a bit of time. I reckon he'll come good.

Hopefully this new training regime will do him some good.

Ive said this before, but I cant help to think that we've fucked this up a bit ourselves aswell. He was a monster for Newcastle and was a very mobile striker that never stopped running. We signed him, and the first thing we did was to put him on another training schedule. We were apperantly very surprised that he didnt lift any weights etc at Newcastle. And some months later he has lost that mobility and look nothing like the player that were a monster for Newcastle.

With the right training and confidence Im hopefull we can see that player again. IF not, this will be a total waste.

[quote author=My_Blood_Bleeds_Red link=topic=47615.msg1430489#msg1430489 date=1321970795]
In a desperate attempt to put things into perspective...

Fabio Capello - he may be struggling with England (who doesn't !?) but he's still arguably one of the all-time great managers. He's won every league title with every club he's managed throughout his career. He's also managed many great players, legends even, during his time.

So if Fabio says Carroll is a talent and rates him, then you'll have to listen and take him for his word. And if he says Carroll's attitude is what's holding him back from fulfilling his full potential, then perhaps there's some truth in it.

That's just Fabio. Haven't even started with Kenny and other well-respected managers of the game yet.

Let's just give the young lad a bit of time. I reckon he'll come good.
[/quote]

Exactly.

And he does like too much of a drink, regardless of what other people say to the contrary.

[quote author=Stulikesdrums link=topic=47615.msg1430441#msg1430441 date=1321967828]
[quote author=Halmeister link=topic=47615.msg1430435#msg1430435 date=1321967546]
You're quite ridiculous with that assertion, Stu.

If he can be arsed, Carroll will be a monster. He'll never be technically amazing, but I believe he can be as effective as Drogba. IF, and it's a massive if, he pulls his finger out.

To say he's as good as EBANKS-Blake (Ebanks, not Evans) and Michael Chopra is fucking ludicrous.
[/quote]

Whoa there cowboy.
I think putting Chopra & Carroll in the same sentence is FAR closer to the reality than placing fucking Drogba and Carroll in the same sentence.
[/quote]

True unfortunately.

I'm feeling the need to call people names and I don't want to. Especially not over someone I don't rate that highly.

I saw enough of Andy Carroll at Newcastle to know that there is a good player there. He was one of the best Premiership performers last season, which is quite a feat considering it was his first one.

Why he's not working here I couldn't tell you. I'm not tactically astute enough. However it's his mentality I worry most about; he was playing for his boyhood club, smashing it goals, living his dream. That was all cut short for him because Newcastle received a mind-boggling offer and had to accept. Effectively we probably ruined his childhood aspirations and I wonder how much he really wants to be here, especially with Newcastle looking so strong right now.

He wasn't squeaky clean at Newcastle, obviously, but his performances didn't suffer. Whereas right now he looks like a Championship player.

He needs to sort his shit out off the field if it is a problem, listen to Kenny and he needs more game time - he can come good ! I think it's a maturity issue

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=47615.msg1430177#msg1430177 date=1321915588]
I roared out loud when I saw that vid on your FB earlier Skully. It's quite brilliant.
[/quote]

Theres a video?! Or did you mean the gif? It's amazing.

That horse was funny. carroll has be shite so far, but I believe he'll come good eventually and be a monster. He's just lacking confidence at the minute. Those rushing to judgement after ten games and calling him a championship player, will always judge him that way no matter what he does, similar to another player we have.

Yeah, KopKing. I hope people can view him objectively and base him on his performances throughout his career with us, rather than saying he'll only ever amount to a Championship player and hoping he stays shite so they can feel vindicated.

I used to think Lucas was shite, but I'm more than happy for him to have proven me wrong.

[quote author=Sunny link=topic=47615.msg1430596#msg1430596 date=1321977706]
He needs to sort his shit out off the field if it is a problem, listen to Kenny and he needs more game time - he can come good ! I think it's a maturity issue
[/quote]

To be honest if his off field issues are a problem i'd be very pissed off . He came with a "bad boy" rep , liked a pint etc but none of that bothered me, i thought it was just over exaggerated or the club could easily handle it .
If they can't then it's frankly ridiculous and again adds to this looking more and more like a cluster fuck of a transfer .

The Andy Carroll show has to end. Sell him in Jan for whatever we can get. I think all the other signings look excellent and I can even live with downing quite happily but carroll is a complete hindrance and ill be massively relieved when he's gone.

we wont get anything for him, stick him in the reserves to show him that he needs to work for it

It's not about work, he's not the right player for us. And someone will deffo buy him half price.

if he played the way he did at newcastle i think he'd fit in, without us pingin crosses in all the time too

[quote author=Skullflower link=topic=47615.msg1438865#msg1438865 date=1323137481]
It's not about work, he's not the right player for us. And someone will deffo buy him half price.
[/quote] The issue there is he is not worth 'half price' even at his best let alone his current form. Kenny got mugged.

[quote author=Squiggles link=topic=47615.msg1438874#msg1438874 date=1323140160]
[quote author=Skullflower link=topic=47615.msg1438865#msg1438865 date=1323137481]
[/quote] The issue there is he is not worth 'half price' even at his best let alone his current form. Kenny got mugged.
[/quote]

Mugging Chelsea while being mugged is only half as painful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom