• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Borini's thinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Borini can play as a holding MF and be backup to Stevie. I'm delighted we have that option

I think the thread on "Top 5 posters" has gone to Keni's head. He's turning into a right diva with his posts lately. ;)

As I said, I think it was unnecessary to pick me up on this. I don't know what you're trying to achieve - unless it's some kind of proxy argument you're trying to have with Peter. I haven't exaggerated anything in terms of what has been said about him - it wasn't limited to "if IF we don't sell him then he might just perhaps be able to do a job as 4th but it's not great" - so, I'm happy with my original post (which had nothing to Peter or the argument any one is having with him) and don't accept your comments about it.

I think the point has been lost, you went from banging on about regression and people rating him, to "people have said they like him", I think you were lacking a bit of perspective about peoples view of him and what they do see in him, if anything. It's a daft argument but you've clearly missed the point, I think you were exaggerating what people were saying.

Like I said, no one has said he should be in the first team, so getting all precious about our style of play and players was wide of the mark. We all know we're better now and we all know Borini is someway off that level.

You know it's a bad state of affairs when Dmirsha is using an emoticon.
He's right though he'll be loaned out to Fiorentina or the like in January and sold next summer for half of what Sunderland were going to pay.
He's screwed us in the shitter here.

You know it's a bad state of affairs when Dmirsha is using an emoticon.
He's right though he'll be loaned out to Fiorentina or the like in January and sold next summer for half of what Sunderland were going to pay.
He's screwed us in the shitter here.

No no no! He's dedicated to the cause! This sort of thing should be praised.

LOYALTY!!!

So it seems that Borini's thinking is just delusional. He thinks he is better than he is and can either succeed at Liverpool or move to another top team. He'd go on loan to QPR as it would allow him to prove himself, but he has no wish to be tied to a poor team for the best years of his career. I can understand that - though I do resent him for it.

Fabio Borini insists a return to Italy was never on the cards this summer, saying a stay at Liverpool was his main aim.

The Liverpool striker was linked with numerous clubs throughout the window with Premier League rivals Sunderland and Queens Park Rangers both eager to secure the services of the 23-year-old. However, Borini remained on the books at Liverpool and the one-cap Italy international insists a stay at Anfield was always his preference. "The transfer market has been like a storm. Now that it's over, I have no problems."

Since joining Chelsea’s youth system from the Bologna academy in 2007, Bentivoglio-born Borini made a season-long return to Italy with a loan spell at Roma before joining Liverpool in 2012. "There is no thought of whether to come back or not,” he told Gianlucadunarzio.com. “Because I grew in England I don't think of it as to come back home, there isn't a thought of it.”

Borini spent the 2013-14 season on loan with Sunderland, scoring seven goals in 32 appearances for the Black Cats, who were eager to make his move to the Stadium of Light permanent.

Following the close of the summer transfer window on September 1, Borini admitted it was a turbulent time but claims he is settled at Anfield. "The transfer market has been like a storm,” he claimed. “Now that it's over, I have no problems. “This summer there has been many rumours. My wish is to play in a top club and Liverpool are a top club so there have never been any real problems.

"I know my aims and how I can achieve them. Staying at Liverpool is one of them. I'm in a big side who try to win each competition. And that is where I want to be.” Although Liverpool lost top goalscorer Luis Suarez to Barcelona during the summer, Brendan Rodgers has brought strikers Rickie Lambert and Mario Ballotelli to join England frontman Daniel Sturridge. Despite the wealth of talent in the Anfield dressing room, Borini believes he still has a role to play for Liverpool. "I stayed because I think I am able to play here," he added.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom