• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

BREAKING: Top FIFA officials arrested in Switzerland, to be indicted on corruption charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to get even more interesting now!

Warner was on Trinidad yesterday (paid political ad) saying he'll reveal everything (looks like FIFA was 'invovled' in the elections) and that his life is 'probably in danger' ...

*michael eating popcorn gif*

Fucking France

I love visiting France (besides Malta and the US it's the country I've been to most often) and on an individual basis I've had some great French friends, but on the international stage they are absolutely *the* most self-absorbed, amoral nation on the face of this Earth. Never mind sell their own grandmother, they'd chop her up and cart her to the nearest restaurant if they thought there'd be something in it for them.

I love visiting France (besides Malta and the US it's the country I've been to most often) and on an individual basis I've had some great French friends, but on the international stage they are absolutely *the* most self-absorbed, amoral nation on the face of this Earth. Never mind sell their own grandmother, they'd chop her up and cart her to the nearest restaurant if they thought there'd be something in it for them.

Isn't the suggestion that the bribe was actually from the failed Moroccan bid?

I've not heard France implicated.... yet.

I dunno, there's bound to be worse out there. What about the Russians and the Chinese?

Am I the only one getting sick of the likes of Beckham, our Gammon-faced Prime Minister and the future reptillian King chirping up about how disgraceful Fifa are 'revealed' to have been? They were neck deep in the fawning shite when trying to win the World Cup and now they're outraged. It just shows up English Football as not only unable to run a decent national side but also unable to properly bribe people.

Peterhague: Fabs will need to correct me if I'm wrong, but I took him to be referring to the French FA's support for Blatter when he was voted back in, and the fact that the President of the French FA has made at least one public statement even more recently still backing the old crook. Some might suspect that reasons for such support may, in "Private Eye"s phrase, not be unadjacent to financial incentives of one kind or another. I couldn't possibly comment. ;)

I dunno, there's bound to be worse out there. What about the Russians and the Chinese?

You know that's what they'll do, though - they make no pretence otherwise. France is supposed to be an ally and a Western power with an outlook to match. In practice it behaves like the Russians and Chinese do, and has done for centuries.

I thought it was to do with the successful France bid

If it's the Moroccan bid, fifa are worse than I thought. Taking a bribe and not even giving it to them.

Scum

I thought it was to do with the successful France bid

If it's the Moroccan bid, fifa are worse than I thought. Taking a bribe and not even giving it to them.

Scum

That gangster Jack Warner did exactly this to us over our bid for the last World Cup.

You know that's what they'll do, though - they make no pretence otherwise. France is supposed to be an ally and a Western power with an outlook to match. In practice it behaves like the Russians and Chinese do, and has done for centuries.
Ah, I get you now.

I don't mind the French so much. Although they're weird about the language. Mrs Athens worked with a French woman who said that if you're in France you should learn and speak French. This girl was in Athens for 7 years and hardly spoke a word of Greek...

Am I the only one getting sick of the likes of Beckham, our Gammon-faced Prime Minister and the future reptillian King chirping up about how disgraceful Fifa are 'revealed' to have been? They were neck deep in the fawning shite when trying to win the World Cup and now they're outraged. It just shows up English Football as not only unable to run a decent national side but also unable to properly bribe people.

Didn't we play a pointless friendly in Trinidad to appease Warner, just as much a bribe as a bundle of cash in a paper bag that.

What's funnier than FIFA officials finally being investigated for corruption is how the top officials all happily spill the beans about everything in hope that will help their case in court.
Bunch of miserable, spineless, corrupt and coward cunts.

Absolutely. You'll never see a better illustration of the old saying that "there's no honour among thieves".

Yeah dyke and the rest of the fa need throwing onto the fifa pyre.

I hope some of these Warner secrets make it out into the public domain.

I just hope it keeps on going and superagents and offshore banking and money laundering and clubs owning other clubs and players through 3rd parties all get dragged in.

Quite a few of Warner's 'secrets' have been out in the public domain for years - some have been posted in this forum - but the authorites didn't bat an eyelid. The FA certainly knew he was a crook long before they were creeping round him. Rarely has there been a more gutless, humiliating relationship: he'd demand the FA do favours for him, they'd so, he'd then denounce them publicly as racists, then he'd demand more avours, and so it would go on. Pathetic.

Hes Saying he's got Blatter bang to rights though, @gkmacca ..

We've only seen the tip of the iceberg, surely?

Sure, yes. He knows the stuff on him will now suddenly be taken seriously, so he's going to drag down the others, too. But it's not necessary - if his crimes are investigated, they'll lead to the others, anyway.

I read an interesting piece saying this has nothing to do with corruption or anything, but the US going after Russia ..

I read an interesting piece saying this has nothing to do with corruption or anything, but the US going after Russia ..

That wouldn't hurt the momentum of such an investigation, but in terms of good PR for low hanging fruit, it doesn't get any easier.

FIFA is like the Godfather, if fredo was don and it was set in the universe of idiocracy.

[article=http://www.zeit.de/sport/2015-06/chuck-blazer-fifa-fussball-weltmeisterschaft-2022]The paper claims that in exchange for being awarded the hosting of the 2006 World Cup, the German FA provided arms shipments to Saudi Arabia, in order to swing the Saudi vote from Morocco to Germany.

Zeit claim that the week before Germany was awarded the 2006 World Cup, a shipment of RPGS was made to Saudi Arabia.[/article]

sepp-blatter-4.jpg

That would explain that dubbed line in the big lebowski "do you see what happens when you find a stranger in the alps".

Obviously all that time in Switzerland inspired his before the watershed version.

Blatter really is the High Priest of Perv:

The Football Association of Ireland's chief executive John Delaney has revealed he told Sepp Blatter to 'move on' after the outgoing FIFA president eyed his partner Emma English before saying he 'approved' of her.

Blatter has resigned from his leadership role at football's world governing body following investigations over alleged corruption charges against several senior FIFA officials.

During an interview on RTE Radio One, Delaney added to the revelations by claiming he was once forced to tell the FIFA boss to stop staring at his PR event organiser partner.

232BAA6400000578-3111331-image-a-70_1433440097955.jpg

'He met Emma, my partner, in Vienna recently,' he said. 'He stared at her for seven or eight seconds and he said, 'I approve of your new girlfriend''.

'I asked him to move on, move on please.

'She is a great girl, I love her very much, it was an extraordinary moment. If she was here she would tell you herself. He stared at her and I said 'move on' and he did.'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom