• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Brighton & Hove Albion v Liverpool Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've watch quite a few Brighton games this year.

They are a VERY tough team to score against away from home (for a top side) with thier 4-5-1.

That was a good performance from us today. Very controlled, patient and measured.

Especially when you consider Fabinho was CB and Trent had an ankle issue at RB.

When we play West Ham, it's going to be a similar game away. And whilst they will offer more threat on the counter, their defence is more error prone and slow.

Huge banana skin avoided today.

Sensational result.

Anyone expecting a huge win was deluded.

Brighton rarely lose at home and when they do it’s almost always by a single goal.

Today was like so many of our games in the first half of the season.

Grind teams down, nick a goal and leave the rest to VVD.

Fantastic
Sensational!?! We are Liverpool ffs, top of the league and smashing all before us.

We arent fucking Grenoble beating PSG.

I'm not arsed how we win, but all of the chumps who we're banging on earlier in the week about how the Wolves and City games wouldn't effect us, well it didn't really look that way watching the performance, did it?
Mark that’s how we’ve looked for the most part all season. Everything is based off a strong defence which was exactly that again today.
We were never ever smashing 3-4 past Brighton. They are too compact especially at home.

Sensational!?! We are Liverpool ffs, top of the league and smashing all before us.

We arent fucking Grenoble beating PSG.

Ha ha, any win away to Brighton is sensational based on their record this season.

I'm not arsed how we win, but all of the chumps who we're banging on earlier in the week about how the Wolves and City games wouldn't effect us, well it didn't really look that way watching the performance, did it?

We beat them one nill at Anfield in a game we struggled to break them down in. We beat them one nill away, in a game we struggled to break them down in. If anything the biggest factor on our form was losing Lovren in a meaningless cup game.

Can you seriously say we've been 'great' this year in many games? I feel most games are 1/2-0 where I feel slightly frustrated as I feel we should have scored more goals but I don't feel like we ever were in that serious trouble defensively. This game kinda played like that - I just don't feel many teams can score against us, and that's with our 5th CB starting ... I think I gave up on the idea that we'll play like we did most games this year, which I'm fine with ... I'm getting more and more used to the idea that we're a great defensive team who will score goals.

Let's win the league Mark, it's time.

Ha ha, any win away to Brighton is sensational based on their record this season.
They conceeded 2 at home to United, 2 at home to Fulham, 2 at home to Spurs, 3 against Everton, 2 at home against Bournemouth, 2 at home against Chelsea.....

What kind of revisionist bullshit is occuring here.

Its a result we needed. Neither sensational or a great performance. On our day we knock 4 past these shite. Stop talking bollocks Patrick.

They arent fucking brilliant at home. They beat Wolves, Newcastle and a couple of other shite.

Its a good result.
Sensational would be 0-8

from @Whaddapie's FB feed:

I just read read that Alberto Moreno has "informed Liverpool that he doesn't intend to return to them next season". Isn't that like me saying that I have informed Scarlett Johansson that I do not intend to shag her next season?

I've watch quite a few Brighton games this year.

They are a VERY tough team to score against away from home (for a top side) with thier 4-5-1.

That was a good performance from us today. Very controlled, patient and measured.

Yeah, they were very organised and committed lots of niggle fouls to stop our attack

They didn't look they could hurt us though.

Mark that’s how we’ve looked for the most part all season. Everything is based off a strong defence which was exactly that again today.
We were never ever smashing 3-4 past Brighton. They are too compact especially at home.

Exactly. All about who scored first and how early. Brighton are one of the most well drilled sides in the league.

Palace, next, will be another dangerous game. They are a crap "build up team" but a great counter attacking unit. Another game where the first goal will be crucial. They are capable of getting spanked if they concede early. But also, capable of inspired away performances, with their pace on the break and long range experts. (as their City game showed).

And as we all know, over the years, they've caused us problems when we were expected to win.

We beat them one nill at Anfield in a game we struggled to break them down in. We beat them one nill away, in a game we struggled to break them down in. If anything the biggest factor on our form was losing Lovren in a meaningless cup game.
This match was the epitome of Klopp's new 'control the game' tactics. We did. Emphatically. Could and should have had more (Firmino, Mane and most of all Mo, 0-2 would have been a fairer refection perhaps and wouldn't have flattered us) whereas they looked unlikely to score at any stage. Didn't I see 90% possession flash up on the screen at one stage ?

Ugly match but a win.
Old us would have thrown that away. New us gets it done.

Really happy to see our players get better at slowing the pace, wasting time, using the clock when they get fouled, etc.

Zero shots on target - defence was decent (but still had some slight mistakes in it). Attacking wise I thought we were largely poor and i'm surprised we didn't bring on Origi - who loves running the channels - earlier. Onwards.

Btw we seem to win a hell of a lot more offsides than we used to - our defensive line led by VVD is supreme. Even more impressive in the past month when you think he's rotated through Gomez, Matip, Lovren and Fabs as his partner.

Ugly match but a win.
Old us would have thrown that away. New us gets it done.

Really happy to see our players get better at slowing the pace, wasting time, using the clock when they get fouled, etc.

Ugly? Nah... lovely game. Lovely. 7 p8ints clear... pressure on others.

Btw we seem to win a hell of a lot more offsides than we used to - our defensive line led by VVD is supreme. Even more impressive in the past month when you think he's rotated through Gomez, Matip, Lovren and Fabs as his partner.

Impressive discipline there....

from @Whaddapie's FB feed:

I just read read that Alberto Moreno has "informed Liverpool that he doesn't intend to return to them next season". Isn't that like me saying that I have informed Scarlett Johansson that I do not intend to shag her next season?
Agent Psychology. Make it seem that the player doesn't want to stay rather than the other way around

Oh yeah good point. I was going to raise that too.

A lot of teams have looked like they've created dangerous situations only to find that our back line has stayed strong (esecially at free kicks played onto or into the edge of the box). Just hold your nerve and hold the line and 9/10 one of the attackers will have run offside. Awesome organisation.

They conceeded 2 at home to United, 2 at home to Fulham, 2 at home to Spurs, 3 against Everton, 2 at home against Bournemouth, 2 at home against Chelsea.....

What kind of revisionist bullshit is occuring here.

Its a result we needed. Neither sensational or a great performance. On our day we knock 4 past these shite. Stop talking bollocks Patrick.

They arent fucking brilliant at home. They beat Wolves, Newcastle and a couple of other shite.

Its a good result.
Sensational would be 0-8

They beat Utd, drew with Arsenal and lost all bar one game by a single goal.

Maybe saying sensational was getting away but it’s a huge result. I’m delighted

Never really in doubt...we deserved that even with Fabinho and a pain killer riddled TAA in defence
653169100a6861afa85c5393ba223fa3.jpg

I also thought the referee was excellent throughout by the way, especially with the crowd on his back.

They kept on make niggly, little fouls which he spotted. In fact, the only one he missed was the one on Keita at the end.

I suppose one critique would be that he should have booked Stephens and Duffy for the amount of fouls, which would have meant they couldn't stop our counters so easily.

Ya only Lovren fucked us against City

Oh yeah good point. I was going to raise that too.

A lot of teams have looked like they've created dangerous situations only to find that our back line has stayed strong (esecially at free kicks played onto or into the edge of the box). Just hold your nerve and hold the line and 9/10 one of the attackers will have run offside. Awesome organisation.
great performance today by the defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom