• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Burnley Pre Match Thread (A)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't be against seeing Shaq get a run out in this game given his performance last time out (albeit late on). Agree that they will sit back and we should get an extra body in the middle who is willing to receive the ball and progress with it - most likely Ox.

They're looking good again now that they aren't knackered from Europa League.

Will be a tough game. Physical and they will be all over us.

I'd go:

Adrian

TAA Matip VVD Robertson

Henderson Fabinho Ox

Salah Firmino Mane

The thing with Burnley going Physical, is that we're hardly weak ourselves, we have a big strong team, and we can easily match them in a physical battle.

Get to the International break unbeaten and top of the league. August done and dusted. Welcome Alisson back and look down on every other team for the rest of the season as we sit smugly on the top of the table.

& maybe start recording some clean sheets

0 clean sheets in 5 games inc. community and super cup is a little worrying.

& maybe start recording some clean sheets

0 clean sheets in 5 games inc. community and super cup is a little worrying.
Noticed that, but we are not playing that defensive like last season, plus part of me thinks we need to win every game and ultimately it was the draws last season that fucked us up. We need to go for it and if it means we win games 3-1 as opposed to 1-0 then so fucking what.

Noticed that, but we are not playing that defensive like last season, plus part of me thinks we need to win every game and ultimately it was the draws last season that fucked us up. We need to go for it and if it means we win games 3-1 as opposed to 1-0 then so fucking what.

Plus, against Arsenal & Saints the goals came once we'd taken our foot off the gas.

Boarding a plane tonight via Abu Dhabi so won't be at our London hotel until tomorrow evening. KO 15 mins before we take to the skies. Can't remember the last time I missed watching a match :(

I don’t understand this concept.
Neither do I usually.

Long story short, mates over from Australia & haven't had a chance to meet up yet, only chance is tonight, but someone is getting rid of a 6ft slate bed pool table so I get it for nothing, provided I can get to Leeds tomorrow before midday tomorrow (they're moving house, hence wanting shut of it desperately).

Where are you watching it?
The white house in the Swan. He's staying up there & our other mate is coming our who lives there so driving over.

We'll get out round this end for the next away match if you're up for it mate. Will defo be drinking then! I'm so tempted tonight, but driving a 160 mile round trip hungover would not be fun. And possibly illegal!

The white house in the Swan. He's staying up there & our other mate is coming our who lives there so driving over.

We'll get out round this end for the next away match if you're up for it mate. Will defo be drinking then! I'm so tempted tonight, but driving a 160 mile round trip hungover would not be fun. And possibly illegal!

I’ll be in Crosby village to watch it. We’ll catch up next time.

Neither do I usually.

Long story short, mates over from Australia & haven't had a chance to meet up yet, only chance is tonight, but someone is getting rid of a 6ft slate bed pool table so I get it for nothing, provided I can get to Leeds tomorrow before midday tomorrow (they're moving house, hence wanting shut of it desperately).

I hope you've eaten your weetabix. I helped a mate move one recently, definitely at least a 3 man job.

I hope you've eaten your weetabix. I helped a mate move one recently, definitely at least a 3 man job.
I'm just hoping this fella I'm buying it off has another pair of hands around, he reckons he will have.

It's an old (probably vintage) home table, not a pub style one, it's basically the pool table top with net pockets & a custom made strong dining table underneath, so only the pool top has the weight. He reckons that's about 80-100kg, so should be easier than the pub style or large base ones, hopefully, I've moved an ex pub one before & it was a fucking mare. That said, the lad didn't take that one apart, so no idea how much easier it'd have been with just the slate bed top having the weight.

For free though, I'll fucking drag it into the car if I have to! Fucking good job I've got a seven seater to move it in!

I'm just hoping this fella I'm buying it off has another pair of hands around, he reckons he will have.

It's an old (probably vintage) home table, not a pub style one, it's basically the pool table top with net pockets & a custom made strong dining table underneath, so only the pool top has the weight. He reckons that's about 80-100kg, so should be easier than the pub style or large base ones, hopefully, I've moved an ex pub one before & it was a fucking mare. That said, the lad didn't take that one apart, so no idea how much easier it'd have been with just the slate bed top having the weight.

For free though, I'll fucking drag it into the car if I have to! Fucking good job I've got a seven seater to move it in!

Yea the one we moved was a pub table, weighed a ton, what your describing doesn't sound just as bad. I'd love a pool table again, good luck.

Yea the one we moved was a pub table, weighed a ton, what your describing doesn't sound just as bad. I'd love a pool table again, good luck.
Ta. I've wanted one for ages, this house has a room big enough for a 6x3 table (albeit with short cues for some shots), but the kids were using it as a toy room.

Now they're bigger the toys have gotten smaller (non existent with the older two) & the room is only used for watching the telly, & the eldest fell in love with playing pool on holiday & asked for a proper table, then saw this & got the boss to reluctantly agree.

Gonna make a table tennis top for it & stick a dartboard up in there too, turn it into a proper games room, might be a good way to get some family time as they all get older.

Ta. I've wanted one for ages, this house has a room big enough for a 6x3 table (albeit with short cues for some shots), but the kids were using it as a toy room.

Now they're bigger the toys have gotten smaller (non existent with the older two) & the room is only used for watching the telly, & the eldest fell in love with playing pool on holiday & asked for a proper table, then saw this & got the boss to reluctantly agree.

Gonna make a table tennis top for it & stick a dartboard up in there too, turn it into a proper games room, might be a good way to get some family time as they all get older.

Yeah, those are all credible excuses for you to have a pool table. Great work.

Yeah, those are all credible excuses for you to have a pool table. Great work.
Thank you. None of them washed with Bex though, she just looked at me & said "When we viewed this house before we bought it, your first words upon entering this room were 'Pool table would fit in here'"

Women & their bloody memories.

Still, I got agreement, that's all that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom