• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Bye bye Sadio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some goals just stick with you, and for me the his debut goal against Arsenal just set the tone of the Klopp era, and he announced himself as a potential elite player capable of delivering in big moments. It quickly shut up all the comments that we had overpaid for another Prem proven signing.

The other find memory is the one way away too Bayern. It's beautiful.

Fair play to Bayern for letting bygones be bygones. ;)

Some goals just stick with you, and for me the his debut goal against Arsenal just set the tone of the Klopp era, and he announced himself as a potential elite player capable of delivering in big moments. It quickly shut up all the comments that we had overpaid for another Prem proven signing.

The other find memory is the one way away too Bayern. It's beautiful.

That goal against Villa is another one for me

His goal against Bayern a few years ago was one of the best goals anyone ever scored. It was amazing. But he's finished at that level now so good luck to him and everything but we did need to move him on. Same with Salah, but he's going for the big signing on fee.

To be honest I hope Salah smashes his knees in a car crash. That'll learn the cunt.

He's the first legend of the Klopp era to leave right? I mean Gini was great, but he wasn't top tier.

His goal against Bayern a few years ago was one of the best goals anyone ever scored. It was amazing. But he's finished at that level now so good luck to him and everything but we did need to move him on. Same with Salah, but he's going for the big signing on fee.

To be honest I hope Salah smashes his knees in a car crash. That'll learn the cunt.

that goal, sitting Neuer on his arse, is probably a big factor behind signing him

much like how we tend to sign everyone that has a great game against us

I don't really get upset about players leaving because I'm quite old now.

I like Mane and everything and it's really cool that he spends so much on good works etc but I still don't really care. He seems to have lost a huge amount of pace for a player who's only 30 and has never had injuries. It's a pretty big difference. And that was always his main asset if we're honest.

So losing him doesn't exactly fill me with dread. He was fine as a striker but I think a proper one like Nunez will be a lot better tbh.

Remember that game when Mane got pissed off at Salah (Firmino's funny look afterwards).

I think there were issues behind the scenes.
I find it very strange that Salah and Mane weren't that close. Both Muslims and from Africa.
I think Mane felt jilted towards the end, though. Salah got the awards, got the song and all the talk in the end was about Salah's contract.

If this is true, I think it's quite understandable why Mane wanted to leave.

However, I do believe it's the right time to leave for Mané. Despite, the upturn in form in the end. He's not the winger we need any more, and he's not the striker we need either.

Last edited:
It would have been nice to have kept Mane but the real reason we do well is more because of Klopp, not Mane. I trust Klopp to raise the levels of the new players. Daiz was already outperforming Mane on the left wing. Im not going to pretend that we haven't lost a quality player but I trust Klopp to do his magic again rather than worry and fret about a 30-year-old player leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom