• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Bye bye Sadio

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to move to Germany on a big money transfer. Even a shiity money transfer would be good. I've only been once, but it was great craic. If I do get signed to a top, top German team I'll be sure to mention the 'project' in my press conference.

Yeah, I don't begrudge him it. He's on the wane, going to pick up £350k a week and will win the league and play in the European Cup every year. Plus Germany is a great place.

I'm in a quandary. Whenever I look at BL results or watch BL matches I always want Bayern to lose.
Now I'm going to want Mane to be successful...but Bayern still lose!

288407404_5674901505875145_1476711686667963616_n.jpg

Is this the beginning of the end?
Sadio started the first phase.

We're now looking at the end of that phase, and the beginning of the next cycle.

I know we'll never be one of those clubs, but you couldn't imagine Madrid selling Mane at 30, even if he is a little slower, the quality, intelligence and finishing are still all there. Look at Benzema, Lewa, Modric, Kroos, Auba, Messi, Ronaldo (and before them, Robben and Ribery). All still performing well in to their 30s. Maybe it's just not possible in the PL for a CF/Wide man, with the physicality here, but i'd have loved to have had the financial clout to keep Mane (and still buy a Nunez). It's a shame, because it kind of feels like he has a couple of good world class years left in him, even if it is not at his prime levels.

Sadio started the first phase.

We're now looking at the end of that phase, and the beginning of the next cycle.

I know we'll never be one of those clubs, but you couldn't imagine Madrid selling Mane at 30, even if he is a little slower, the quality, intelligence and finishing are still all there. Look at Benzema, Lewa, Modric, Kroos, Auba, Messi, Ronaldo (and before them, Robben and Ribery). All still performing well in to their 30s. Maybe it's just not possible in the PL for a CF/Wide man, with the physicality here, but i'd have loved to have had the financial clout to keep Mane (and still buy a Nunez). It's a shame, because it kind of feels like he has a couple of good world class years left in him, even if it is not at his prime levels.
I agree, but they play in a slow league with little competition. They win one off games against fitter stronger teams but no way that old lineup survives 38 games in the PL.

All my best to Sadio. Fact is, you dont move to the German league when you're on the up. Hope he buys lots more schools with his massive new wages.

At first, I questioned whether Klopp could continue his impact beyond a couple of intense seasons but he's proven doubters wrong keeping us pushing to get better for years now. Next bit is that new cycle / rebuilding process which only Fergie and Wenger have really managed in recent times. Think Klopp recruits really intelligently and as long as he doesn't burn out, the future looks exciting.

Makes me sad ... This confuses me though:

"Especially when [they sing] my name, ‘Mane! Running down the wing…!’ "

Isn't that Mo's song?​

Sadiooo, Mane!
Running down the wing, Mane
Hear the koppites sing, Mane
We're all going to Madrid!
And here's my mate's lad, Jack, performing it for you on a penny farthing

I agree, but they play in a slow league with little competition. They win one off games against fitter stronger teams but no way that old lineup survives 38 games in the PL.

Yeah - just just think of Bayern front line now :

Sane - Mane - Serge

I mean that is one scary line up front. They will do some serious damage - just watch. I know Sane has kind of lost form in recent years - but he use to scare the shit out of me, and the year we won the title - I think Man City suffered after his departure as we won the title, and they never replaced his ability that season. But the arrival of Mane will no doubt create a competitive edge in their front-line, and I think that will bring Sane to his best.

Offering his reaction to Mane’s departure, the boss told Liverpoolfc.com: “It’s a big moment. There is no point in anyone trying to pretend otherwise.

“One of Liverpool’s greatest ever players is leaving and we must acknowledge how significant this is.

“He leaves with our gratitude and our love. He leaves with his status among the greats guaranteed. And, yes, he leaves in a moment where he is one of the best players in world football.

“But we must not dwell on what we now lose, instead celebrate what we were privileged to have.

“The goals he scored, the trophies he won; a legend, for sure, but also a modern-day Liverpool icon.

“Since he first stepped through the door, he made us better. If someone had told us in that moment what he would go on to contribute and achieve for this club, I’m not sure it would have been possible to comprehend in that moment. Not the scale of it at least. Sadio made it all possible.

“To be that good for such a sustained period and continuously improve season on season – no matter how high he set his own bar in the previous one – is an example to any player anywhere on the planet that professionalism and dedication leads to reward.

“I respect completely his decision and I’m sure our supporters do also. If you love LFC, you have to love Sadio – non-negotiable. It is possible to do this while accepting our loss is Bayern’s gain.

“We wish him nothing but success in every match he plays in, unless, of course, it’s against us. His star will continue to rise, I have no doubts.

“I remember last season I was asked, in an interview or Q&A from memory, to describe Sadio in three words. I said at the time it’s not possible to do this.

“If I was to try I’d need to be allowed multiple attempts – because there are so many ways you can describe him using three words.

“World-class player!

“True club legend!

“Ideal role model!

“The perfect teammate!

“Compassionate, caring person!

“But the three words that feel the most appropriate today are also the hardest to say, ‘Will miss you!’”

How anyone could willingly leave being coached by this man is beyond me.

Yeah - just just think of Bayern front line now :

Sane - Mane - Serge

I mean that is one scary line up front. They will do some serious damage - just watch. I know Sane has kind of lost form in recent years - but he use to scare the shit out of me, and the year we won the title - I think Man City suffered after his departure as we won the title, and they never replaced his ability that season. But the arrival of Mane will no doubt create a competitive edge in their front-line, and I think that will bring Sane to his best.
Bayern have said they don't intend to play him at CF (or specifically they said he's not a Lewandowski replacement).

The reasoning behind this is still beyond me.

I mean, what's the point? He'll win the Bundesliga every year. Yippie. But there's no real challenge. Compete for the CL? Where else than here at Liverpool?

'It's the right club for me?' Fuck off, have you been at the wrong club so far?

I guess it's money after all.

The reasoning behind this is still beyond me.

I mean, what's the point? He'll win the Bundesliga every year. Yippie. But there's no real challenge. Compete for the CL? Where else than here at Liverpool?

'It's the right club for me?' Fuck off, have you been at the wrong club so far?

I guess it's money after all.
New country, new experiences both professionally and personally with his family, new challenge in integrating into a different side with different philosophy, and close to double what he was earning. I don’t begrudge him, and I’m actually really excited to see how Diaz and Nunez do as part of our new side/era. Actually I’m excited to see Carvalho too, even though I’ve only ever seen highlights of him.
Mane is a legend for us, scored some important goals in his final season, but there was also a bit of frustration I was getting when watching him play, with his obvious loss of pace and inability to beat his man one on one like he used to. I’d say the club did a fine job in finding Diaz as his replacement. We also now have a Bobby replacement. Happy days.

New country, new experiences both professionally and personally with his family, new challenge in integrating into a different side with different philosophy, and close to double what he was earning. I don’t begrudge him, and I’m actually really excited to see how Diaz and Nunez do as part of our new side/era. Actually I’m excited to see Carvalho too, even though I’ve only ever seen highlights of him.
Mane is a legend for us, scored some important goals in his final season, but there was also a bit of frustration I was getting when watching him play, with his obvious loss of pace and inability to beat his man one on one like he used to. I’d say the club did a fine job in finding Diaz as his replacement. We also now have a Bobby replacement. Happy days.
Yup that sums it all up nicely.

When was the last time we lost an integral player with this many good wishes and an hard feelings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom