• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Bye bye Sadio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone remember Mane being injured? Hes so consistent. Always available, always gives 100%, physical and aggressive, rarely goes below a 6/10.

That'll be difficult to replace. I do trust Klopp and co to have a plan though. They might have seen stuff in his data. Think Bobby is likely to move on for younger blood soon too.

I’m not sure where the info came from but i remember it being said earlier in the season that Bobby and Manes attacking stats have declined for 3 seasons in a row. Imo that’s why there was a push for Salah extending primarily, although we might be regretting that somewhat now.

284689279_5604757112889585_80903679388774582_n.jpg

Nkunku imo is the best possible replacement for Sadio, if he's going, but truth is, you can't replicate his passion, desire, consistency, workrate and quality very easily.

Even Diaz, for all his plaudits looks nowhere near the finisher/killer Sadio has looked (both feet) and his flair to output ratio is more like like 80:20, whereas Mane's is/was 35:65.

Nkunku would be a great signing. Leipzig have said he wont be sold this summer though, sadly.

I absolutely love Sadio. His debut goal against Arsenal was a thing of beauty and set the tone for the Klopp evolution of Liverpool. Since then he's been a model professional and a world-class player and man.

You cannot begrudge him leaving and you can only wish him happiness, however his recent upswing in his performances makes this a bigger loss than it looked otherwise during periods of last season.

As for replacements, we already have 2 players who favour the left. If we sign anyone to replace Mane it's surely someone who can cover 9 and RW.

Damn! I don’t want him to go as he’s been absolutely brilliant for us, but I don’t think he’s a top top central striker like he was a top top winger.

So I don’t begrudge him if he’s decided to leave.

Well… at least this’ll give Julian Ward something to do.l this summer instead of trying to explain that Diaz & Carvalho were our only planned signings.

It was amazing having a wealth of attacking options, for a whole 4 months.

It will be a sad day when Mané leaves, he's one of the players that epitomizes the Klopp era. He's been magnificent for us. But he's 30, has 12 months left on his contract and crucially he's lost a yard of pace. I'm guessing the club knew this and brought forward the Diaz signing specifically so we didn't get held to ransom after Sadio left.

Pearce saying we want 50 mill € and a replacement lined up before sanctioning a sale.

So is Mane definitely leaving or is this Manes frustrated way of speaking out for being in Salah's shadow?

Long before Salah arrived it was Mane that was carrying this team up front. Then Salah arrived and he got moved around. Then Diaz arrived and he got moved around to the centre.

I'm not saying I don't believe the reports that he wants to leave but isn't this partly bourne out of a sense of not being truly recognized as a key part of the success of this Klopp era team. Even when the Liverpool crowd sing his song I feel like I've heard Salah's and Dicock's song sung with more gusto and frequency. He's never really got the love or fandom that maybe he deserves and maybe this is also part of it.

It's a tricky situation, but I wonder if the club don't get the offer they want that they might keep him and let him go on a free. Would it be the worst outcome?

Remember Coutinho made it obvious that he wanted to leave but we kept him and then he played some of the best football of his career...

Gnabry would be nice

Yeah, he's a possible target I guess. Will be interesting to see how Klopp replaces Mane. You'd think that Diaz will be our new starting left forward and the player Klopp will spend most money on will be a nr 9.

He has spent years wrestling brutes down that left wing who were often more interested in fighting him than playing football. His form may have been patchy during the pandemic but he always always shows up in our biggest matches. And he was again our most potent outlet when we were dominating in the first half.. I will miss the sight of Mane in our red shirt but if he has chosen to pursue a new challenge, then he has more than earned it.

Replacing him might be trickier than we think. There aren't many players about who are as direct and unpredictable, while also incredibly hard working hard and able to easily adapt to new positions - which he has done twice

Replacing him might be trickier than we think. There aren't many players about who are as direct and unpredictable, while also incredibly hard working hard and able to easily adapt to new positions - which he has done twice

I'd like to think we have someone lined up. We have to have known this was coming, given his contract situation and his decline in form.

Even if it means signing a more conventional winger and adding more goals to central midfield by getting an attacking midfielder.

It was amazing having a wealth of attacking options, for a whole 4 months.

It will be a sad day when Mané leaves, he's one of the players that epitomizes the Klopp era. He's been magnificent for us. But he's 30, has 12 months left on his contract and crucially he's lost a yard of pace. I'm guessing the club knew this and brought forward the Diaz signing specifically so we didn't get held to ransom after Sadio left.
This right here, he was the first "what the fuck we signing him for, to holy fuck he's class" signing under Klopp. Well for me anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom