• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

C^%T of Newspaper Caught Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frogfish

Gone to Redcafe
From the BBC

Hopefully the Mancs will now treat that shite rag with the contempt it deserves and sales will plummet in Mancland.

Manchester United have accused the S$$ newspaper of receiving advanced notice of an intended attack on the house of executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward. The club has filed a complaint to the press regulator regarding the S$$'s coverage of the attack on 28 January.

The newspaper confirmed a reporter attended "following a tip-off that there was to be a protest".
But it added it was not made aware of "what was to take place nor incited it or encouraged any criminal activity".

In a statement, Manchester United said: "The Club believes that the S$$ newspaper had received advance notice of the intended attack, which included criminal damage and intent to intimidate, and that the journalist was present as it happened.

"The quality of the images accompanying the story indicate that a photographer was also present.
"Not only did the journalist fail to discharge the basic duty of a responsible member of society to report an impending crime and avert potential danger and criminal damage, his presence both encouraged and rewarded the perpetrators."

In response, the S$$ said it "condemns fully" the attack on Mr Woodward's home and that it was "happy to cooperate fully with any police inquiry".
It added that it "vigorously" defended its right to report and that the article "made it clear that the behaviour was criminal and unacceptable".

I was going to post this the other day - I went into my lads school a couple of weeks ago and there is a S** box sitting there at reception for parents to chuck coupons in for books or something. Someone had stuck one of those little 'Don't Buy The S**' stickers on it. It sort of kicked off a little but whoever it was that did it was keeping a low profile. The head teacher knows that I'm an LFC fan so she asked me if I did it. I just said it wasn't me but whoever did I would like to shake their hand. She really hates me anyway because I refuse to call her Mrs (followed by her surname). I just call her Suzanne which is her fucking name and I know it really annoys her. Whatevers :)

I was going to post this the other day - I went into my lads school a couple of weeks ago and there is a S** box sitting there at reception for parents to chuck coupons in for books or something. Someone had stuck one of those little 'Don't Buy The S**' stickers on it. It sort of kicked off a little but whoever it was that did it was keeping a low profile. The head teacher knows that I'm an LFC fan so she asked me if I did it. I just said it wasn't me but whoever did I would like to shake their hand. She really hates me anyway because I refuse to call her Mrs (followed by her surname). I just call her Suzanne which is her fucking name and I know it really annoys her. Whatevers :)

Wait... Your kids teacher expects you to call her by her last name?

Reactions: Ijg
Wait... Your kids teacher expects you to call her by her last name?
Yeh I know. Weird right? My lad is in year 2 now and doing a term project on 'Far Away Lands' just a thing about learning different cultures and stuff. So they asked if I would give a talk on Japan as I used to live there and taught there for about 4 years. This was about 4 weeks ago. So I rock up and taught the year 2's some Japanese, haiku and some origami stuff. It was a bit of a success so I have been back every Friday since doing the same class to all the different years. Anyway all the kids now call me 'Sensei Lewy' and keep coming up to me at drop off with origami and practicing their Japanese. It's a little childish of me but it's just funny to see her silently rage about it. My wife tells me even though it is sort of funny I shoudn't do it. I just can't help it. I guess I'm being a bit of a cunt but in my opnion she fucking derserves it.

Yeh I know. Weird right? My lad is in year 2 now and doing a term project on 'Far Away Lands' just a thing about learning different cultures and stuff. So they asked if I would give a talk on Japan as I used to live there and taught there for about 4 years. This was about 4 weeks ago. So I rock up and taught the year 2's some Japanese, haiku and some origami stuff. It was a bit of a success so I have been back every Friday since doing the same class to all the different years. Anyway all the kids now call me 'Sensei Lewy' and keep coming up to me at drop off with origami and practicing their Japanese. It's a little childish of me but it's just funny to see her silently rage about it. My wife tells me even though it is sort of funny I shoudn't do it. I just can't help it. I guess I'm being a bit of a cunt but in my opnion she fucking derserves it.

Ok, so sensei lewy, she wants you to say it that way in front of the kids and in class, or she wants you to say it that way all of the time?

Ok, so sensei lewy, she wants you to say it that way in front of the kids and in class, or she wants you to say it that way all of the time?
No I'm happy to call her Mrs (whatever) in front of the kids. I get that. She is the head so I'm not being a massive whopper. Just in one to ones meetings and stuff. She kept calling me Mr ** So I said rather jokingly that seemed a little elitist so just call me Lewy. She refuses too do it which I think is a little absurd. Hence my rather (in some peoples opinion) my slightly childish stance. I'm getting the vibe that you think I'm being a bit of cunt about it too. Say it ain't so @Farkmaster

No I'm happy to call her Mrs (whatever) in front of the kids. I get that. She is the head so I'm not being a massive whopper. Just in one to ones meetings and stuff. She kept calling me Mr ** So I said rather jokingly that seemed a little elitist so just call me Lewy. She refuses too do it which I think is a little absurd. Hence my rather (in some peoples opinion) my slightly childish stance. I'm getting the vibe that you think I'm being a bit of cunt about it too. Say it ain't so @Farkmaster

Not at all, I couldn't quite believe the situation, which is ludicrous. In a parent-teacher meeting using mr and Mrs is fucking odd. I suppose you could argue, I guess as your wife has, that it's easier to just go along with the dumb request. But that's what most of life is, unrelenting dignity-sapping aquiescense. I'm getting the sense she's a cunt and if she has some pretty thing where she wants to maintain this odd, formal power dynamic, then you are right to ignore it with a smile.

You absolutely complete bastard.
Disrespecting her in such a way.
Broadening those kids horizons and then calling her by her first name.

Absolute Cunt of the first order :D

Well I guess I am being a bit mischevious. I told the story to one of my fellow Dad drop off guys and he thought it was hilarious. Thing is he now pointedly calls her 'Suz' which is a step too far in my opinion. I would just slink back and wallow in my aloofness for the next few months but then all the kids keep rocking up to me in the morning with cheery waves of 'Ohayogozaimasu Sensei Lewy' and plonking origami lily's in my hand. I teach year 6 this Friday and then I'm done so hopefully I'll go back to being aloof but secretly feeling like a smug cunt. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom