• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Car insurance scam?

Red Astaire

Member Of 'The Toilets At The Harry Fan Club..
Ok so I need a bit of advice here. Slightly long story but bear with me. I should tell you that I'm incredibly naive (a little stupid) When it comes to this stuff. I've actually never been in an accident at all so this was a first for me. Plus I was a little distracted by recovering from an endoscopic operation I had the day before.

So last Saturday I took my 6 year old lad to buy a rabbit at Pets At Home. I park up and head to the shop to get the Hutch, hay food, rabbit - everything. I come back to the car and there are two people taking photos of my (rather lovely) white C220 2014 Merc.

I said "Excuse me can I help you?"

One of the guys said "yeah when you parked you hit our car"

I was horrified and a little distracted not least because I had a rabbit in one hand, a shouty grumpy 6 year little boy demanding to hold the rabbit and what felt like half a zoo in the other hand. I apologised and went and had a quick look at my car. Not a scratch on it. I was kind of relieved but gave the guy my name and number and they wondered off.

It was only when I got back that in all the madness I forgot to see their car or get their details (like I said I'm a idiot but given the circumstances I think I have a fair excuse)

I talked to a buddy of mine and he reckons it could have been a scam of some type. I called my insurance and they said they'll flag the incident to their fraud team but I need to wait until I get a letter from their underwriters before deciding what to do.

The very fact that there was no damage on my car leads me to think something is rotten in Denmark.

As I said I'm a bit naive - Had anyone had anything like this happen to them? Do you reckon it's some scam?

Signed stupid Barba

Back
Top Bottom