• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBunnyman

Well-Known
Everything I've read recently suggests he's 95% certain to take the Chelsea job. Does anyone think this is a good move by Abramovich? It seems insane to me. Ancelotti's league record in Italy over the last few years is worse than Rafa's here - and that's with a much better squad (think back to the disparity in talent in the 05 final) in a much weaker league. Does he even speak English?

Clearly the manager they need is Hiddink, but even if he refuses to do it, they could surely find a better alternative than Ancelotti. I can only presume that this is about Roman's obsession with winning the Champions League - but they sacked Scolari before the quarter finals of that competition because the side were 'only' third in the PL. So what the fuck?

Anyone think Ancelotti will be a success in England?

I'd rather he was at Chelski than Hiddink, I think they'd do some damamge with Hiddink.

Ancelotti will fit right in with their ageing squad coming from Milan, he'll think they're playing the youth team every week! They're only in their 30's.

[quote author=TheBunnyman link=topic=33658.msg871798#msg871798 date=1242893689]
Everything I've read recently suggests he's 95% certain to take the Chelsea job. Does anyone think this is a good move by Abramovich? It seems insane to me. Ancelotti's league record in Italy over the last few years is worse than Rafa's here - and that's with a much better squad (think back to the disparity in talent in the 05 final) in a much weaker league. Does he even speak English?

Clearly the manager they need is Hiddink, but even if he refuses to do it, they could surely find a better alternative than Ancelotti. I can only presume that this is about Roman's obsession with winning the Champions League - but they sacked Scolari before the quarter finals of that competition because the side were 'only' third in the PL. So what the fuck?

[/quote]

It depends what you mean by success. If you're saying will he finish top 3 and pick up a trophy most seasons I'd say yes, but of course that won't be enough for Roman.

He'll have them playing organised, unexciting football I'd have thought, but without quite matching Hiddink's tactical nous. I can't imagine why Abramovich hasn't made sure Hiddink stays on.

[quote author=TheBunnyman link=topic=33658.msg871798#msg871798 date=1242893689]
[/quote]

He's a really good manager - It will be interesting to see how he adjusts to the English game and a 'strong' defensive backline, something he's not had the privilege of having with Milan over the last few years (mostly due to injuries). I guess time will tell - but one things for sure, he'll do far better than Scolari, who most of us thought would struggle.

[quote author=The_Prof link=topic=33658.msg871842#msg871842 date=1242896629]
Good manager, good on dealing with OAP's, learning to speak English.
[/quote]

Sounds like guaranteed success to me.

I think he'll be sacked by the end of the season. I think he'll try to change too much too quickly, results will suffer and Chelsea will be Chelsea about it, knee-jerk and he'll be out of there.

But more interestingly I think Maldini might be nicely lined up to take the Milan job, he has said he's definitely gonna stop playing at the end of this season, and with Ancelotti leaving it's nicely set up.

always difficult to know how he would do with the chelsea team because a manager like Avram Grant with hardly any comparative experience did very well. It's an expensively assembled squad with class in abundance our hope would be that Ancelotti tries to impose his own idea's and it will take time for him to get used to things and we all know Chelsea managers dont get time

I don't think he'll be a disaster but I don't envy him at all; this Chelsea team is ageing, the language barrier, following in Hiddink's footsteps, keeping Romans expectations realistic, etc, etc.

But then from his point of view he hasn't won anything for a few years and he's moving from top club to another - could be worse.

[quote author=Anita link=topic=33658.msg872078#msg872078 date=1242918411]
I think he'll be sacked by the end of the season. I think he'll try to change too much too quickly, results will suffer and Chelsea will be Chelsea about it, knee-jerk and he'll be out of there.

But more interestingly I think Maldini might be nicely lined up to take the Milan job, he has said he's definitely gonna stop playing at the end of this season, and with Ancelotti leaving it's nicely set up.
[/quote]

i think he reneged on that again -- if i'm not mistaken, he'll be playing against next year.

he is a good manager, but I wouldn't go as far as to call him special - if he took over chelsea I would not be too upset

I don't know why Roman's been after Ancelotti for so long. If I were (perish the thought) a Chelsea fan I'd be disappointed to end up with him instead of Hiddink.

Drogba won't leave if thats the case then, and they will probably increase their efforts to sign kaka.

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=33658.msg872166#msg872166 date=1242927379]

[/quote]

i think he reneged on that again -- if i'm not mistaken, he'll be playing against next year.
[/quote]

Really? He was on CL Weekly this week saying he definitely wasn't gonna change his mind this time.

I'll be more than happy for him to carry on for another year.

[quote author=Anita link=topic=33658.msg872599#msg872599 date=1242988218]
[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=33658.msg872166#msg872166 date=1242927379]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Really? He was on CL Weekly this week saying he definitely wasn't gonna change his mind this time.

I'll be more than happy for him to carry on for another year.
[/quote]

You may be right ... I can't find the article where he says he'll play on. Oh well, I hope I'm right as he can still quite obviously 'hack it'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom